Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Salève by bus?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Salève by bus?
Hi all - I want to head up the Salève and I've heard it's easy by bus, but haven't been able to get directions. Can anyone help? Which bus from Geneva? And I would guess the bus only gets me to a border... what then?

Thanks!

Darryl
The text you are quoting:
Hi all - I want to head up the Salève and I've heard it's easy by bus, but haven't been able to get directions. Can anyone help? Which bus from Geneva? And I would guess the bus only gets me to a border... what then?

Thanks!

Darryl

drummer_boyJul 10, 2008 @ 16:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 17817 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Salève by bus?
Post 1
Hi Darryl,

For any routes in Geneva there is an online route tool with www.tpg.ch

It depends where you are coming from in Geneva , but the 31 Bus will take you to the border then you'll see a cable car (can't miss it) which can take to the top . Cable car is 10.50 Euros return

Trev

Hi Darryl,

For any routes in Geneva there is an online route tool with www.tpg.ch

It depends where you are coming from in Geneva , but the 31 Bus will take you to the border then you'll see a cable car (can't miss it) which can take to the top . Cable car is 10.50 Euros return

Trev
britabroad, Jul 10, 2008 @ 17:15

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Not sure where you're based but you can get the bus 8 which does from the centre of town (Cornavin/bel-air/rive) all the way to Veyrier. Then you just need to walk 5-10 minutes across the border into France to the cable car area. The view is great on a clear day. Enjoy!
Not sure where you're based but you can get the bus 8 which does from the centre of town (Cornavin/bel-air/rive) all the way to Veyrier. Then you just need to walk 5-10 minutes across the border into France to the cable car area. The view is great on a clear day. Enjoy!
lentil, Jul 10, 2008 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
If I remember well, some of the bus n. 8 (not all of them) will lead you to Verrier Douane. After that you can either hike your way up to the Saleve or take the cable car, which should be free if you have an abonnement TPG (or a day pass).
If I remember well, some of the bus n. 8 (not all of them) will lead you to Verrier Douane. After that you can either hike your way up to the Saleve or take the cable car, which should be free if you have an abonnement TPG (or a day pass).
zenbrain, Jul 10, 2008 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Great - thanks! Sounds simple enough, and it looks like tonight will be clear... I feel a picnic coming on!
Great - thanks! Sounds simple enough, and it looks like tonight will be clear... I feel a picnic coming on!
drummer_boy, Jul 10, 2008 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
hi

just take number 8 bus named Veyrier Douane till the last stop.

you can take the bus from rive or train station and it will take u to the border.

dont forget your ID and have a good day.
hi

just take number 8 bus named Veyrier Douane till the last stop.

you can take the bus from rive or train station and it will take u to the border.

dont forget your ID and have a good day.
David P, Jul 10, 2008 @ 21:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
So, one complication for anyone else planning a sunset picnic there... apparently, all the people who have told me how beautiful it is at sunset have driven, because I got there to discover that the lift closes at 7 PM... a couple hours before sunset.

Whoops.
So, one complication for anyone else planning a sunset picnic there... apparently, all the people who have told me how beautiful it is at sunset have driven, because I got there to discover that the lift closes at 7 PM... a couple hours before sunset.

Whoops.
drummer_boy, Aug 4, 2008 @ 22:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 17817 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form