Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Self Raising Flour

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Self Raising Flour
 I remember this being asked before but nothing comes up on the search. I thought in switzerland the self raising flour was called, Farine Panifiable , obviously not as my fairy cakes turned out like biscuits!! So what do I add to the flour to make it raise or where can I buy it??
The text you are quoting:
 I remember this being asked before but nothing comes up on the search. I thought in switzerland the self raising flour was called, Farine Panifiable , obviously not as my fairy cakes turned out like biscuits!! So what do I add to the flour to make it raise or where can I buy it??

pazzerOct 6, 2009 @ 19:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 4542 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Self Raising Flour
Post 1
Oh! I had the same query a few weeks back (also for fairy cakes!). You need to buy little sachets of bicarb (I think that's what it was... hmmm) and add it to the flour. In Servette Migros, you can find them on the bottom shelf under the flour and stuff. Next to vanilla and cinnamon sticks etc. Good luck!
Oh! I had the same query a few weeks back (also for fairy cakes!). You need to buy little sachets of bicarb (I think that's what it was... hmmm) and add it to the flour. In Servette Migros, you can find them on the bottom shelf under the flour and stuff. Next to vanilla and cinnamon sticks etc. Good luck!
ceriperkins, Oct 6, 2009 @ 20:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 You will have to add Baking Powder to plain flour to turn it into self raising flour of which bi carb soda is one component. There are other raising agents in baking powder as well. You can buy self raising flour in most of the french supermarkets. Its simply called 'Farine de ble avec poudre levante pour Gateaux' and the brand is Francine. Orange and red packet.
 You will have to add Baking Powder to plain flour to turn it into self raising flour of which bi carb soda is one component. There are other raising agents in baking powder as well. You can buy self raising flour in most of the french supermarkets. Its simply called 'Farine de ble avec poudre levante pour Gateaux' and the brand is Francine. Orange and red packet.
arwen, Oct 7, 2009 @ 11:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
If you venture to France you can get Farine Gateaux -its in a gold bag and is self raising, makes good cupcakes. 
If you venture to France you can get Farine Gateaux -its in a gold bag and is self raising, makes good cupcakes. 
brunes, Oct 9, 2009 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 4542 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form