Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Shower Screen Help!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Shower Screen Help!

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has found a way to put up a shower screen without drilling plus avoiding the huge cost of a screen???! I found one in Migros for 500+. I cannot use a shower curtain because the insistent lapping at my rear drives me beyond crazy and it is better soaking the floor than being pushed over the edge by a piece of plastic!

My husband doesn't trust my MacGyver skills so any products/handyman recommendations would be much appreciated...

Thank you Smile

The text you are quoting:

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has found a way to put up a shower screen without drilling plus avoiding the huge cost of a screen???! I found one in Migros for 500+. I cannot use a shower curtain because the insistent lapping at my rear drives me beyond crazy and it is better soaking the floor than being pushed over the edge by a piece of plastic!

My husband doesn't trust my MacGyver skills so any products/handyman recommendations would be much appreciated...

Thank you Smile

Nat CJan 21, 2015 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 870 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Shower Screen Help!
Post 1

Depending if your tub is actually magnetic, and if you're using a fabric shower curtain, you could always sew in magnets to the hem of the shower curtain.

The magnet would stick to the tub, which would prevent the "rear lapping" that you hate.

Come to think of it, even if your tub is not metallic, the sewn in magnet could be hefty enough to create the same "tensioning" effect that would prevent the curtain from rubbing into your derriere.

Depending if your tub is actually magnetic, and if you're using a fabric shower curtain, you could always sew in magnets to the hem of the shower curtain.

The magnet would stick to the tub, which would prevent the "rear lapping" that you hate.

Come to think of it, even if your tub is not metallic, the sewn in magnet could be hefty enough to create the same "tensioning" effect that would prevent the curtain from rubbing into your derriere.

Froilan Z, Jan 21, 2015 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Shower Screen Help!
Post 2

I prefer to put the rod holding the curtain slightly outside the bath tub. Makes it less claustrophobic. The weight of the curtain keeps it in place within the tub. (If the curtain is tall enough.)

To be extra sure, you can attach the end of the curtain to the wall, either by suction cups,  self-adhesive velcro or chewing gum. Never done it myself, though.

I prefer to put the rod holding the curtain slightly outside the bath tub. Makes it less claustrophobic. The weight of the curtain keeps it in place within the tub. (If the curtain is tall enough.)

To be extra sure, you can attach the end of the curtain to the wall, either by suction cups,  self-adhesive velcro or chewing gum. Never done it myself, though.

tawb, Jan 23, 2015 @ 18:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 870 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form