Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Silhouette contract renewal

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Silhouette contract renewal

H, I just received a letter from Silhouette gym telling me that I have to pay another 1 year membership. I should have cancelled the renewal on the 17th of November... I haven't received any reminder from them, so I forgot to cancell. Apparently the only thing I can do is to transfer my membership to someone else..

Any advice? Can Ijust avoid paying? Shouldn't they have reminded me before-hand?

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

H, I just received a letter from Silhouette gym telling me that I have to pay another 1 year membership. I should have cancelled the renewal on the 17th of November... I haven't received any reminder from them, so I forgot to cancell. Apparently the only thing I can do is to transfer my membership to someone else..

Any advice? Can Ijust avoid paying? Shouldn't they have reminded me before-hand?

Thanks

KARO76Dec 2, 2010 @ 13:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 949 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Silhouette contract renewal
Post 1

There are several other threads on here about this - maybe you can search for them.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the concensus view is that:

1. It is bad practice, but not illegal.

2. There is no way out of it as you have a contract with them that you signed.

And to be fair to Silhouette, when I joined 2 months ago, my attention was specifically drawn to this condition in the contract and they made sure that I absolutely understood the situation before I signed it. We spent several minutes discussing this until I was clear.  Maybe they only do that now because of the many cases of bad press on this, I don't know.  So if I forget to cancel, I have been only myself to blame.

Sorry to not be more optimistic for you.

There are several other threads on here about this - maybe you can search for them.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the concensus view is that:

1. It is bad practice, but not illegal.

2. There is no way out of it as you have a contract with them that you signed.

And to be fair to Silhouette, when I joined 2 months ago, my attention was specifically drawn to this condition in the contract and they made sure that I absolutely understood the situation before I signed it. We spent several minutes discussing this until I was clear.  Maybe they only do that now because of the many cases of bad press on this, I don't know.  So if I forget to cancel, I have been only myself to blame.

Sorry to not be more optimistic for you.

S99_Geneva, Dec 2, 2010 @ 15:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Silhouette contract renewal
Post 2

yee unfortunately you  must  to pay for next year , you sign the contract i agree too .

yee unfortunately you  must  to pay for next year , you sign the contract i agree too .

SYLWIA S, Dec 2, 2010 @ 16:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 949 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form