Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Swisscom or Sunrise for fixed line internet?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swisscom or Sunrise for fixed line internet?

I want to get fixed line internet in my new apartment with 5Mb/s.

To me Swisscom looks horribly expensive ~75CHF per month.

Sunrise is cheaper ~60CHF per month, but I have heard some bad things about their reliability and service.

Other providers are essentially as expensive as Swisscom.

I'd be grateful to know if you have advice on whether it's really worth paying the extra to go with Swisscom.

The text you are quoting:

Sunrise is cheaper ~60CHF per month, but I have heard some bad things about their reliability and service.

I'd be grateful to know if you have advice on whether it's really worth paying the extra to go with Swisscom.

Clare BOct 15, 2010 @ 15:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 5360 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swisscom or Sunrise for fixed line internet?
Post 1

I've been with Swisscom for years, I currently have the package fixed line + wireless + TV box and I am very satisfied with the service so far, never had any problems. I can't speak for the other providers as I've never tried any of them, but I can tell you I am sticking to Swisscom.

I've been with Swisscom for years, I currently have the package fixed line + wireless + TV box and I am very satisfied with the service so far, never had any problems. I can't speak for the other providers as I've never tried any of them, but I can tell you I am sticking to Swisscom.

Federica, Oct 15, 2010 @ 16:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Swisscom offers phonesupport free of charge 24hrs a day 7 days a week. Never waited longer then 5 minutes. Service in 4 languages: French, German, Italian and English.

Swisscom offers phonesupport free of charge 24hrs a day 7 days a week. Never waited longer then 5 minutes. Service in 4 languages: French, German, Italian and English.

ThomasNL, Oct 15, 2010 @ 16:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

If you don't need a fixnet phone the option below from Swisscom is the best price value package in my experience. Use this option and a service like skype via wifi on your laptop, ipad or mobile phone and your cost are very low.

DSL and NATEL®.                            +
Make calls and surf the Internet without a fixed network connection.

When making phone calls at home do you only use your mobile, and do not therefore need a fixed network connection? Would you nevertheless like to enjoy the advantages of a fast Internet connection?

Internet access and mobile phone communication are now available in a single subscription package. Surf the Internet at high speed, make telephone calls using the attractive NATEL® subscription rates and save the monthly fixed network connection fee.

If you don't need a fixnet phone the option below from Swisscom is the best price value package in my experience. Use this option and a service like skype via wifi on your laptop, ipad or mobile phone and your cost are very low.

DSL and NATEL®.                            +
Make calls and surf the Internet without a fixed network connection.

When making phone calls at home do you only use your mobile, and do not therefore need a fixed network connection? Would you nevertheless like to enjoy the advantages of a fast Internet connection?

Internet access and mobile phone communication are now available in a single subscription package. Surf the Internet at high speed, make telephone calls using the attractive NATEL® subscription rates and save the monthly fixed network connection fee.

Marco S, Oct 16, 2010 @ 11:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Oct 15, 10 15:56

Yeah, right, 50CHF with Cablecom for 20Mb seems not comparable to 75CHF for 5Mb with Swisscom; you're charger for 15Mb you are not interested in .... :) :) :) :) My suggestion would be for you to check if they provide a service in your location. You could also get a combined package with Internet and land line telephone.

All the other providers usually rent the infrastructure to Swisscom, hence the reason why the prices for similar services are so similar

Yeah, right, 50CHF with Cablecom for 20Mb seems not comparable to 75CHF for 5Mb with Swisscom; you're charger for 15Mb you are not interested in .... :) :) :) :) My suggestion would be for you to check if they provide a service in your location. You could also get a combined package with Internet and land line telephone.

All the other providers usually rent the infrastructure to Swisscom, hence the reason why the prices for similar services are so similar

Pasqual E, Oct 16, 2010 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Compare broadband Internet offers

Sam73, Oct 16, 2010 @ 15:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Cablecom here.  20 down / 2 up, no interruptions, no slowdowns, 50CHF/mo.  Can't complain.

Cablecom here.  20 down / 2 up, no interruptions, no slowdowns, 50CHF/mo.  Can't complain.

richardm, Oct 16, 2010 @ 16:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Oct 16, 10 15:32

That comparisen is not complete. For example the 20mb dsl connection from Swisscom is not mentioned.

That comparisen is not complete. For example the 20mb dsl connection from Swisscom is not mentioned.

ThomasNL, Oct 16, 2010 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thanks for all your help.  Unfortunately I can't get Cablecom in my appartment, as it does look the best deal!

Thanks for all your help.  Unfortunately I can't get Cablecom in my appartment, as it does look the best deal!

Clare B, Oct 16, 2010 @ 11:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 5360 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form