Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Travel insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Travel insurance

Can anyone advise on how / where to buy travel insurance in Switzerland? In the UK, I used to use a money comparison site whenever taking a trip and buy cheap coverage, but I assume you have to be resident in teh UK for those to work..

The text you are quoting:

Can anyone advise on how / where to buy travel insurance in Switzerland? In the UK, I used to use a money comparison site whenever taking a trip and buy cheap coverage, but I assume you have to be resident in teh UK for those to work..

melanie lJul 29, 2019 @ 12:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 949 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Travel insurance
Post 1

Jul 29, 19 12:40

I  heartily recommend the “ETI” travel insurance scheme offered by Touring Club Suisse, which is the Swiss equivalent of the Automobile Association.  You don’t have to own a car or hold a driving licence, you can join simply as an individual, a pedestrian, or as a family.

Fortunately, I haven’t had to make many claims so far but those I have were sorted and settled swiftly and without fuss, so why not ask them for a quote.

All the best, Ritchie

I  heartily recommend the “ETI” travel insurance scheme offered by Touring Club Suisse, which is the Swiss equivalent of the Automobile Association.  You don’t have to own a car or hold a driving licence, you can join simply as an individual, a pedestrian, or as a family.

Fortunately, I haven’t had to make many claims so far but those I have were sorted and settled swiftly and without fuss, so why not ask them for a quote.

All the best, Ritchie

Ritchie, Jul 29, 2019 @ 17:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Travel insurance
Post 2

Thank you.

I have been stolen on my trip to Portugal, and realised that VISA didn't cover for travel theft. I will check out the TCS insurance. I also hear good things.

Thank you.

I have been stolen on my trip to Portugal, and realised that VISA didn't cover for travel theft. I will check out the TCS insurance. I also hear good things.

Laura Leoncini, Oct 19, 2022 @ 17:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 949 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form