Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Window replacement

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Window replacement

Does anyone know how long landlords have to complete the window replacement that was mandated at the end of 2015? I have had, over the course of about a year, three separate visits by contractors regarding estimates, but my landlord hasn't replaced the windows yet.

I know the contractors were backed up due to so much incoming work, but I'm wondering how much longer my landlord has in order to complete the work.

Thanks in advance!

The text you are quoting:

Does anyone know how long landlords have to complete the window replacement that was mandated at the end of 2015? I have had, over the course of about a year, three separate visits by contractors regarding estimates, but my landlord hasn't replaced the windows yet.

I know the contractors were backed up due to so much incoming work, but I'm wondering how much longer my landlord has in order to complete the work.

Thanks in advance!

Catherine KFeb 12, 2017 @ 13:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 566 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Window replacement
Post 1

Some of it depends on where you are. Another is if you're in a building they normally do the whole building at once. Seeing your other post about you moving at the end of summer and the owner wanting an early inspection, maybe they're waiting until you've moved out as well as other renovations to avoid disturbing you and you possible asking for a rent reduction.

The text you are quoting:

Some of it depends on where you are. Another is if you're in a building they normally do the whole building at once. Seeing your other post about you moving at the end of summer and the owner wanting an early inspection, maybe they're waiting until you've moved out as well as other renovations to avoid disturbing you and you possible asking for a rent reduction.

Matt Williams, Feb 12, 2017 @ 16:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 566 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form