Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > chauffage annuel normal charges?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
chauffage annuel normal charges?

Just received our annual charges bill for the building heat and hot water. They have some interesting charges on their bill...  just curious what others have paid and who has gone the route to ASLOCA for legal action against regie to provide honest billing. The fees for water, natural gas and boiler electricte all seem fine but these?

honoraires chauffage - heating fees $1750 for the building
gestion energetique - energy management $400 for the buldling

and my favourite

sureveillance pour systeme - $450 for the building

some google digging reveals the only charges anyone can charge tenants for in Swiss is the actual cost of gas, water and elecricte not admin fees or other charges.

13 units in our complex, its our first year of charges because the building is new.

Thanks

Intereted to hear how ASLOCA helped others with their building charges.

The text you are quoting:

Just received our annual charges bill for the building heat and hot water. They have some interesting charges on their bill...  just curious what others have paid and who has gone the route to ASLOCA for legal action against regie to provide honest billing. The fees for water, natural gas and boiler electricte all seem fine but these?

honoraires chauffage - heating fees $1750 for the building
gestion energetique - energy management $400 for the buldling

and my favourite

sureveillance pour systeme - $450 for the building

some google digging reveals the only charges anyone can charge tenants for in Swiss is the actual cost of gas, water and elecricte not admin fees or other charges.

13 units in our complex, its our first year of charges because the building is new.

Thanks

Intereted to hear how ASLOCA helped others with their building charges.

g gOct 23, 2014 @ 14:25
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1297 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: chauffage annuel normal charges?
Post 1

Check your contract. If it's in there you have to pay it.

Ive had a similar experience, which I queried, but we found that the costs were in the lease agreement.

The more I live here the more I realise that Geneva is not Switzerland

Check your contract. If it's in there you have to pay it.

Ive had a similar experience, which I queried, but we found that the costs were in the lease agreement.

The more I live here the more I realise that Geneva is not Switzerland

David Lloyd, Oct 23, 2014 @ 15:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I suspect you dont have to pay it, its part of the swiss rental law. Most countries have decent tennancy laws to protect renters from greedy management companies.

The only thing they can legally charge you for is water, electricty and or gas to heat the water.

http://www.asloca.ch/geneve-d%C3%A9comptes-de-chauffage-et-d%E2%80%99eau-chaude

Ill find out when i meet ASLOCA

I suspect you dont have to pay it, its part of the swiss rental law. Most countries have decent tennancy laws to protect renters from greedy management companies.

The only thing they can legally charge you for is water, electricty and or gas to heat the water.

http://www.asloca.ch/geneve-d%C3%A9comptes-de-chauffage-et-d%E2%80%99eau-chaude

Ill find out when i meet ASLOCA

g g, Oct 23, 2014 @ 15:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

It happens to have a similar question.

How can you control if your annual charges are real since you only receive the bill from the agency/regie and not from the company of like SIG? (I am referring for the difference you have to pay)

Could you ask for a detailed bill, regarding your apartement?

Could you ask to have acces to your monthly consumption?

Thank you in advance :-)

It happens to have a similar question.

How can you control if your annual charges are real since you only receive the bill from the agency/regie and not from the company of like SIG? (I am referring for the difference you have to pay)

Could you ask for a detailed bill, regarding your apartement?

Could you ask to have acces to your monthly consumption?

Thank you in advance :-)

Maria C, Jun 19, 2023 @ 16:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Dear Maria.

You've replied to a post from 2014w Wink

Dear Maria.

You've replied to a post from 2014w Wink

SWISS, Jun 19, 2023 @ 21:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Dear "Swiss" thank you. Yes I know!

Thats why i wrote that I have a similar question.

I guess someone might have a similar topic that dealed with.

Dear "Swiss" thank you. Yes I know!

Thats why i wrote that I have a similar question.

I guess someone might have a similar topic that dealed with.

Maria C, Jun 19, 2023 @ 21:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

> Could you ask for a detailed bill, regarding your apartement?

The answer is yes. Ask the Régie for the "décompte général des charges" to know your charges, and for the "tableau de répartition entre les locataires" to know how global charges are split between tenants. You have the right to get this information. I'm not sure whether you can get to know the monthly charges or just the annual ones. In doubt, always ask ASLOCA.

The answer is yes. Ask the Régie for the "décompte général des charges" to know your charges, and for the "tableau de répartition entre les locataires" to know how global charges are split between tenants. You have the right to get this information. I'm not sure whether you can get to know the monthly charges or just the annual ones. In doubt, always ask ASLOCA.

TheOmegaMan, Jun 23, 2023 @ 18:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Jun 23, 23 18:30

Thank you for your response! Will do as you suggest.

Thank you for your response! Will do as you suggest.

Maria C, Jun 24, 2023 @ 00:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Maria. To answer your above question  - In accordance with articles 4 and 8 of the Swiss Rental Leases Ordinance (the "OBLF"), the régie must draw up and present to each tenant an annual detailed statement of the annual charges debited for the previous year. This is normally done somewhere in the time gap June - September each year (variations mostly depending on how many buildings the régie has under management). If a tenant does not receive an annual detailed statement, they may request it from the régie and may also request to inspect the regie's accounts to which the statement refers. Best of luck

Hi Maria. To answer your above question  - In accordance with articles 4 and 8 of the Swiss Rental Leases Ordinance (the "OBLF"), the régie must draw up and present to each tenant an annual detailed statement of the annual charges debited for the previous year. This is normally done somewhere in the time gap June - September each year (variations mostly depending on how many buildings the régie has under management). If a tenant does not receive an annual detailed statement, they may request it from the régie and may also request to inspect the regie's accounts to which the statement refers. Best of luck

Eva D, Jul 4, 2023 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Ps. You can find the ordinance in fulltext here: https://fedlex.data.admin.ch, where you may also find many Swiss laws and regulations also translated into English (not this one though and I'm afraid, but translation app DeepL does a very good job at assisting with such), to assist foreigners not speaking any of the official Swiss languages with protecting their legal rights.    

Ps. You can find the ordinance in fulltext here: https://fedlex.data.admin.ch, where you may also find many Swiss laws and regulations also translated into English (not this one though and I'm afraid, but translation app DeepL does a very good job at assisting with such), to assist foreigners not speaking any of the official Swiss languages with protecting their legal rights.    

Eva D, Jul 4, 2023 @ 14:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Jul 4, 23 13:55

Thank you very much. I think it will be helpful for other as well! 

Thank you very much. I think it will be helpful for other as well! 

Maria C, Jul 4, 2023 @ 14:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

That was the general idea, yes and indeed.... The heavy ongoing real estate lobbying, which has considerably deteriorated the protection of tenants in Switzerland in 2022-2023 (and especially in Geneva, where many tenants don't sufficiently know their rights due to e.g. language barriers) is a disgrace, unacceptable, needs to definitely be reigned in, controlled and, to the extent possible, stopped. I'll certainly do what I can to inform, guide and support. As always - Knowledge is power. 

That was the general idea, yes and indeed.... The heavy ongoing real estate lobbying, which has considerably deteriorated the protection of tenants in Switzerland in 2022-2023 (and especially in Geneva, where many tenants don't sufficiently know their rights due to e.g. language barriers) is a disgrace, unacceptable, needs to definitely be reigned in, controlled and, to the extent possible, stopped. I'll certainly do what I can to inform, guide and support. As always - Knowledge is power. 

Eva D, Jul 4, 2023 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1297 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form