Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > decent English speaking counsellor or therapist?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
decent English speaking counsellor or therapist?
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any idea where I could find a decent,English speaking therapist/counsellor/psychologist?Or where I could start looking for one?I understand that some peopel might find this a bit sensitive -so, if you prefer, you can just email me direct at [email protected] Thank you!
The text you are quoting:
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any idea where I could find a decent,English speaking therapist/counsellor/psychologist?Or where I could start looking for one?I understand that some peopel might find this a bit sensitive -so, if you prefer, you can just email me direct at [email protected] Thank you!
hitchcockbloSep 8, 2006 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

19 Replies | 14074 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: decent English speaking counsellor or therapist?
Post 1
I know one and I am going to send you the info to your address.
I know one and I am going to send you the info to your address.
Molula_M, Sep 9, 2006 @ 22:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
try http://www.palomapsy.com/english/html/contact.htm

They are in Nyon
try http://www.palomapsy.com/english/html/contact.htm

They are in Nyon
Molula_M, Sep 9, 2006 @ 22:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
thanks cuty!
thanks cuty!
hitchcockblo, Sep 10, 2006 @ 00:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
www.genevacounselling.com

The therapist's name is Johanna Mulvaney. I know several people who've seen her, particularly for "letting go of the past and being happy in the present"-type issues (are there really any other kind?). Good luck.
www.genevacounselling.com

The therapist's name is Johanna Mulvaney. I know several people who've seen her, particularly for "letting go of the past and being happy in the present"-type issues (are there really any other kind?). Good luck.
Hazel, Sep 13, 2006 @ 17:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Aha! you are the second person to reccommend her to me!i shall definitely give her a call-Thanks everyone!
Aha! you are the second person to reccommend her to me!i shall definitely give her a call-Thanks everyone!
hitchcockblo, Sep 13, 2006 @ 19:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

REPLY TO.... IS THERE A COUNSELLOR ...FAMILY THERAPIST

Hi there

I realize that this post may be old but as I am new to this Glocals forum it may helpful to let you all know I am a trained adult counselor, child and family counselor , relationship counselor and bereavement and trauma therapist . I am also a member of the BACP in the UK. Maybe bookmark me for a friend ??

Prior to moving here , due to my husbands job,  I had a highly successful counselling practice in the UK, and along with my formal counselling qualifications I have over 20 years N.H.S psychiatric experience. I also wrote on a regular basis for several leading magazines, media sites and still speak on UK radio stations giving advice when they approach me for my psyhcolgical counselling opinion. 

If you are having emotional or relationship difficulties then please don't be afraid to give me a call, everyone has problems or confusion at some stage in their life , even me ...I have had my baggage in life which I successfully sorted out before I became a counsellor . Everyone has problems at some time OK ! You just think perhaps your the only one  who has or yours are the worst ever ! 

My work ethic is to have unconditional positive regard to you as my client ,irrespective of who you are and what your circumstances are. My approach is non judgemental and it is  how it feels for you that matters !!

My clients feedback about my counselling approach and subsequent improvement with their life has been they like my sypahteitc yet down to earth and friendly approach , someone who talks back to them and doesn't just sit there silent showing only empathy! 

My clients are from many culturual , ethnic and age related backgrounds and indeed men as well as women, (although men are usually more hesitant at calling first ).

The new trend from my experience is that many clients just prefer to have telephone counseling . Maybe due to several factors such as location , travel , work or time commitments . My clients come from all over Switzerland such as Zurich, Bern, Geneva, Lugano and indeed still the UK and Europe . My website also shows you a great mega cheap international phone call site by the way and the average call can cost just one Euro an hour !! So visit it , if only to see that deal !

Often clients speak on the phone to me for several sessions and as the counseling progesses they  then get the train down to see me every month or so for a 2 to 3 hour intensive session , this combination of phone and face also works very well !

Hey, you have nothing to loose by contacting me, I love my work, I am passionate about helping others . So ....if you are feeling fed up need some serious help or indeed just need a one off moan, visit my site

www.expatcounselling.com.

give me a call

091 600 1873

email [email protected]

I only work in the daytime due to childcare commitments between 0900 and 1500 hrs

Take care

Caroline

REPLY TO.... IS THERE A COUNSELLOR ...FAMILY THERAPIST

Hi there

I realize that this post may be old but as I am new to this Glocals forum it may helpful to let you all know I am a trained adult counselor, child and family counselor , relationship counselor and bereavement and trauma therapist . I am also a member of the BACP in the UK. Maybe bookmark me for a friend ??

Prior to moving here , due to my husbands job,  I had a highly successful counselling practice in the UK, and along with my formal counselling qualifications I have over 20 years N.H.S psychiatric experience. I also wrote on a regular basis for several leading magazines, media sites and still speak on UK radio stations giving advice when they approach me for my psyhcolgical counselling opinion. 

If you are having emotional or relationship difficulties then please don't be afraid to give me a call, everyone has problems or confusion at some stage in their life , even me ...I have had my baggage in life which I successfully sorted out before I became a counsellor . Everyone has problems at some time OK ! You just think perhaps your the only one  who has or yours are the worst ever ! 

My work ethic is to have unconditional positive regard to you as my client ,irrespective of who you are and what your circumstances are. My approach is non judgemental and it is  how it feels for you that matters !!

My clients feedback about my counselling approach and subsequent improvement with their life has been they like my sypahteitc yet down to earth and friendly approach , someone who talks back to them and doesn't just sit there silent showing only empathy! 

My clients are from many culturual , ethnic and age related backgrounds and indeed men as well as women, (although men are usually more hesitant at calling first ).

The new trend from my experience is that many clients just prefer to have telephone counseling . Maybe due to several factors such as location , travel , work or time commitments . My clients come from all over Switzerland such as Zurich, Bern, Geneva, Lugano and indeed still the UK and Europe . My website also shows you a great mega cheap international phone call site by the way and the average call can cost just one Euro an hour !! So visit it , if only to see that deal !

Often clients speak on the phone to me for several sessions and as the counseling progesses they  then get the train down to see me every month or so for a 2 to 3 hour intensive session , this combination of phone and face also works very well !

Hey, you have nothing to loose by contacting me, I love my work, I am passionate about helping others . So ....if you are feeling fed up need some serious help or indeed just need a one off moan, visit my site

www.expatcounselling.com.

give me a call

091 600 1873

email [email protected]

I only work in the daytime due to childcare commitments between 0900 and 1500 hrs

Take care

Caroline

dora2505, Jan 6, 2009 @ 20:48

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Check out the website of the US Embassy in Switzerland. They maintain a list of all medical professionals (by specialization, including therapists I think) who speak English in the major Swiss cities.

Check out the website of the US Embassy in Switzerland. They maintain a list of all medical professionals (by specialization, including therapists I think) who speak English in the major Swiss cities.

dnachink, Jan 10, 2009 @ 23:31

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Hi,

I came across an ad on the site Anglo-info http://geneva.angloinfo.com/forum/ccdetail.asp?CCID=262

Hope this can help, good luck

Jean
Hi,

I came across an ad on the site Anglo-info http://geneva.angloinfo.com/forum/ccdetail.asp?CCID=262

Hope this can help, good luck

Jean
celebes, Jan 12, 2009 @ 11:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

www.expatcounselling.com

tel 0041 91 600 1873

I offer face to face counselling or phone counselling support in Switzerland and Italy and this is working really well for expats .
Now in its succesful 6th year in Switzerland ! I am a fully qualified Adult Counsellor and also Child and Family Therapist with over 20 years counselling and mental health experience. I am a member of the BACP and ANSCO As well as my counselling qualifications I worked for many years in Psychiatry which is often very useful for clients with issues such depression, anxiety, eating disorders etc. I also work with couples, child and teen problems , individual adults. Please read my website or call me if you would like to ask questions, happy to help ! www.expatcounselling.com Tel 0041 91 600 1873
I am based just outside Lugano near Italian border Lugano,15 mins from Como and 20 mins from Varese, Italy

www.expatcounselling.com

tel 0041 91 600 1873

I offer face to face counselling or phone counselling support in Switzerland and Italy and this is working really well for expats .
Now in its succesful 6th year in Switzerland ! I am a fully qualified Adult Counsellor and also Child and Family Therapist with over 20 years counselling and mental health experience. I am a member of the BACP and ANSCO As well as my counselling qualifications I worked for many years in Psychiatry which is often very useful for clients with issues such depression, anxiety, eating disorders etc. I also work with couples, child and teen problems , individual adults. Please read my website or call me if you would like to ask questions, happy to help ! www.expatcounselling.com Tel 0041 91 600 1873
I am based just outside Lugano near Italian border Lugano,15 mins from Como and 20 mins from Varese, Italy

dora2505, Sep 30, 2012 @ 19:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

you can try this .. http://www.soul-healing.ch

:)

you can try this .. http://www.soul-healing.ch

:)

Karl N, Sep 30, 2012 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I have noticed this is a old post - however though it would benifit others as it still appares when doing a search for English counsellors in Geneva. 

Please take a look at my website: 
www.counsellingandyouthwork.com

I have noticed this is a old post - however though it would benifit others as it still appares when doing a search for English counsellors in Geneva. 

Please take a look at my website: 
www.counsellingandyouthwork.com

Mariann P, Jul 23, 2013 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Specializing in working with expats, Wellness Counseling Geneva offers counseling services to individuals and couples to those seeking to improve their quality of life.

http://wellnesscounselinggeneva.wordpress.com/

Specializing in working with expats, Wellness Counseling Geneva offers counseling services to individuals and couples to those seeking to improve their quality of life.

http://wellnesscounselinggeneva.wordpress.com/

Melissa Pollick, Nov 5, 2014 @ 17:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Now wellnessgeneva.com

Now wellnessgeneva.com

Melissa Pollick, Feb 3, 2016 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

This is an old thread but I am a British Counsellor offering support to clients all over Switzerland

Phone Face Skype

www.expatcounselling.com

This is an old thread but I am a British Counsellor offering support to clients all over Switzerland

Phone Face Skype

www.expatcounselling.com

dora2505, Jul 6, 2016 @ 09:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
Hi everyone,
Sep 8, 06 18:54

www.expatcounselling.com

www.expatcounselling.com

dora2505, Dec 26, 2016 @ 12:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hi 

can anyone tell me wif this particular counsellor is still practising? Or can recommend another, specifically for couples?

Thanks

Hi 

can anyone tell me wif this particular counsellor is still practising? Or can recommend another, specifically for couples?

Thanks

Ann-Marie Mendes, Dec 13, 2018 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Answered my own question!

Answered my own question!

Ann-Marie Mendes, Dec 13, 2018 @ 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Dear Ann-Marie, 

I realize this post is a bit old and I hope you have already found a therapist. If you are still looking for a therapist, please feel free to contact me. I am a US-licensed clinical psychologist and I have a psychological counseling practice for English-speaking clients in Geneva. You can learn more about me and my work at: https://www.christinecoopervincephd.com/

Dear Ann-Marie, 

I realize this post is a bit old and I hope you have already found a therapist. If you are still looking for a therapist, please feel free to contact me. I am a US-licensed clinical psychologist and I have a psychological counseling practice for English-speaking clients in Geneva. You can learn more about me and my work at: https://www.christinecoopervincephd.com/

Christine Cooper-Vince, Sep 25, 2019 @ 16:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
19 Replies | 14074 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form