Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > language school in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
language school in Geneva
Hi, I'd like to come to Geneva in order to learn French and improve my English skills. Could you please give me some advices? I'd prefer just one school for both of them, with the possibility to get international certifications.Thanks 
The text you are quoting:
Hi, I'd like to come to Geneva in order to learn French and improve my English skills. Could you please give me some advices? I'd prefer just one school for both of them, with the possibility to get international certifications.Thanks 
Marco rOct 29, 2009 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

16 Replies | 1350 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: language school in Geneva
Post 1
Hi, thank you for your answer, actually I'm looking for any institute where study english and
french, in my opinion it' s better because if you leave a language you lose a lot, and I'd like to
avoid it
Hi, thank you for your answer, actually I'm looking for any institute where study english and
french, in my opinion it' s better because if you leave a language you lose a lot, and I'd like to
avoid it
Marco r, Oct 30, 2009 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
thank you so much
thank you so much
Marco r, Oct 30, 2009 @ 11:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I used Ecole club Migros and I recommend them.  They are reasonably priced and the interaction with other students really helped my speaking.  The classes are very interactive.

I used Ecole club Migros and I recommend them.  They are reasonably priced and the interaction with other students really helped my speaking.  The classes are very interactive.

david017, Nov 8, 2009 @ 11:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Bell Switzerland. Based in Voie Creuse 16 is only 5 mins from the International Organisations and organises many different courses for both businesses and privates. If you contact 022 749 16 16 and ask to speak with someone regarding private courses the gentleman you speak to will be able to put an offer together for you.

Regards
Bell Switzerland. Based in Voie Creuse 16 is only 5 mins from the International Organisations and organises many different courses for both businesses and privates. If you contact 022 749 16 16 and ask to speak with someone regarding private courses the gentleman you speak to will be able to put an offer together for you.

Regards

Helen C, Nov 8, 2009 @ 12:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
And ofcourse you have the global Berlitz in Geneva too: www.berlitz.ch
And ofcourse you have the global Berlitz in Geneva too: www.berlitz.ch

Nir Ofek, Nov 8, 2009 @ 13:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

You are right, Nir! ;-)

Hi, my name is Nathalie and I work for Berlitz.

I would be happy to meet you for a consultation to tell you all about what Berlitz offers for French and English. We offer lessons with trained native speakers, as well as a certificate at the end of each level!

You can contact me at Berlitz on 022.718.38.90

We have a discount for Glocals members and also have a winter promotion from 16.11.09 to 31.12.09 J J J

You are right, Nir! ;-)

Hi, my name is Nathalie and I work for Berlitz.

I would be happy to meet you for a consultation to tell you all about what Berlitz offers for French and English. We offer lessons with trained native speakers, as well as a certificate at the end of each level!

You can contact me at Berlitz on 022.718.38.90

We have a discount for Glocals members and also have a winter promotion from 16.11.09 to 31.12.09 J J J

Nathalie R, Nov 10, 2009 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Berlitz is a good school.  I know they only hire native speakers for teachers and that you can take either private or group classes.  They definitely offer French and English.  The people I know that have gone there have been quite happy with it.

As for Wall Street Institute, my former French roommate took English classes there and was really disappointed in their instruction.  I also know a Romanian who wasn't satisfied there either.

Good luck!

Berlitz is a good school.  I know they only hire native speakers for teachers and that you can take either private or group classes.  They definitely offer French and English.  The people I know that have gone there have been quite happy with it.

As for Wall Street Institute, my former French roommate took English classes there and was really disappointed in their instruction.  I also know a Romanian who wasn't satisfied there either.

Good luck!

kelleralison, Nov 10, 2009 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi

I found this one http://www.ihgeneva.com/1.htm

do you know this school?

Hi

I found this one http://www.ihgeneva.com/1.htm

do you know this school?

Marco r, Nov 11, 2009 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi,

Come to Active Languages Geneva if you want a class that focuses on speaking, the method is great interactive and loads of fun!

Hi,

Come to Active Languages Geneva if you want a class that focuses on speaking, the method is great interactive and loads of fun!

Jarina H, Nov 11, 2009 @ 22:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi,

Berlitz also focuses on active speaking, on practical language that can be used immediately, exclusive use of the target language and suits all learning styles!

J

Hi,

Berlitz also focuses on active speaking, on practical language that can be used immediately, exclusive use of the target language and suits all learning styles!

J

Nathalie R, Nov 12, 2009 @ 14:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Marco - keep us updated on what school you decided on, and how it was...(-:

Marco - keep us updated on what school you decided on, and how it was...(-:

Nir Ofek, Nov 12, 2009 @ 14:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Marco, what levels of English & French do you have now and what level would you like to have (re: certificates/qualifications etc.) + what's your budget?  :o)  J.

Marco, what levels of English & French do you have now and what level would you like to have (re: certificates/qualifications etc.) + what's your budget?  :o)  J.

JulianT, Nov 12, 2009 @ 15:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Ah, the best Marco is to find a goilfriend, or go to the university and find someone to do a tandem with your language. You'll be swimming like a Swiss fish in no time! 

Ah, the best Marco is to find a goilfriend, or go to the university and find someone to do a tandem with your language. You'll be swimming like a Swiss fish in no time! 

fishintree, Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

fishintree, Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Nov 12, 09 15:10

I'd like to obtain a proficiency English certification like toefl or Ielts.

Unfortunately I'm a beginner for French, but I must improve both of them because of my job

for the budget... it depends, is the school was good I could use much money :)

@fish right!

I'd like to obtain a proficiency English certification like toefl or Ielts.

Unfortunately I'm a beginner for French, but I must improve both of them because of my job

for the budget... it depends, is the school was good I could use much money :)

@fish right!

Marco r, Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Marco,

It's your lucky day.

We just announced to all glocals members this special Winter Offer from Berlitz.

I can personally highly recommend them - I used them for English in my home country, and for French in Geneva, and was happy with the results.

Nir

Marco,

It's your lucky day.

We just announced to all glocals members this special Winter Offer from Berlitz.

I can personally highly recommend them - I used them for English in my home country, and for French in Geneva, and was happy with the results.

Nir

Nir Ofek, Nov 12, 2009 @ 22:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
16 Replies | 1350 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form