Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > morning travel through Ferney to ILO/WTO/IOM

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
morning travel through Ferney to ILO/WTO/IOM
 Hi,
every morning i take the F bus from Ferney to the ILO. i am sure lots of you know that it is always packed, and red hot and for some reason, people seem to have an aversion to opening windows!
I feel now that i am at a desperate to avoid this bus as I am convinced it will eventually kill me!

My question is, does anyone drive along this route that would be willing to take me along with you in the mornings? I would be enormously grateful! and would like the opportunity to perhaps make a new friend whilst getting in on your comfortable travel action!

Kindest regards,
Nikki
The text you are quoting:
 Hi,
every morning i take the F bus from Ferney to the ILO. i am sure lots of you know that it is always packed, and red hot and for some reason, people seem to have an aversion to opening windows!
I feel now that i am at a desperate to avoid this bus as I am convinced it will eventually kill me!

My question is, does anyone drive along this route that would be willing to take me along with you in the mornings? I would be enormously grateful! and would like the opportunity to perhaps make a new friend whilst getting in on your comfortable travel action!

Kindest regards,
Nikki
nikkisawyerOct 5, 2009 @ 08:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 905 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: morning travel through Ferney to ILO/WTO/IOM
Post 1
 Honestly, take a bike. ILO is so close you will be much faster by bike.. plus you will exercise a bit and be awake when you arrive. I had to take the bus once, because I had to catch a train after work and had some lugagge and since that I have never gone by  bus..  even when I have to go to the train station after work, I lock the bike in my office for the weekend.. the commute is awful, I hope it will never rain tooo much on the way, cause I don`t wanna go by bus again ;)

Honestly, take a bike. ILO is so close you will be much faster by bike.. plus you will exercise a bit and be awake when you arrive. I had to take the bus once, because I had to catch a train after work and had some lugagge and since that I have never gone by  bus..  even when I have to go to the train station after work, I lock the bike in my office for the weekend.. the commute is awful, I hope it will never rain tooo much on the way, cause I don`t wanna go by bus again ;)

Surfmoe, Oct 5, 2009 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 oh wow, i see two major problems with that, 3 actually.
1    soon it will be winter, and way too cold to cycle.
2    i think you have overestimated my fitness
3    my road awarness is nil. i will blatently die on the roads!
thanks for the advice though, i appreciate the effort!
 oh wow, i see two major problems with that, 3 actually.
1    soon it will be winter, and way too cold to cycle.
2    i think you have overestimated my fitness
3    my road awarness is nil. i will blatently die on the roads!
thanks for the advice though, i appreciate the effort!
nikkisawyer, Oct 5, 2009 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
1. This is not Siberia
2. Time to improve ;)
3. You will get there.. before you die ;)

However, it`s up to you.. but when I see the loooong line of cars most of which are used to get to work which is about 5kms away it feels wrong. 

1. This is not Siberia
2. Time to improve ;)
3. You will get there.. before you die ;)

However, it`s up to you.. but when I see the loooong line of cars most of which are used to get to work which is about 5kms away it feels wrong. 

Surfmoe, Oct 5, 2009 @ 12:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 ..find a sweetheart/lover/admirer living next to ILO ...
 ..find a sweetheart/lover/admirer living next to ILO ...

Fidelio V, Oct 5, 2009 @ 15:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 lol, i have one, but he lives with me and works in france! what an inconvieniance. maybe i should trade him in for someone with a similar route to work!
 lol, i have one, but he lives with me and works in france! what an inconvieniance. maybe i should trade him in for someone with a similar route to work!
nikkisawyer, Oct 5, 2009 @ 15:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
 ... oh dear, we are in 2009... you don't have to trade, just add one with that particular "advantage" ;)
 ... oh dear, we are in 2009... you don't have to trade, just add one with that particular "advantage" ;)

Fidelio V, Oct 5, 2009 @ 15:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
 hahaha, i am not sure the current 1 would like that! i feel that at this point i should make it clear that i am not really that shallow...honest!!
 hahaha, i am not sure the current 1 would like that! i feel that at this point i should make it clear that i am not really that shallow...honest!!
nikkisawyer, Oct 5, 2009 @ 16:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 905 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form