Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > tax services

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
tax services
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for someone who can do our taxes as April is going to be here soon. Does anyone know or even better tried any tax companies /services and could recommend them? English spoken would be preferred.

Thank you.
The text you are quoting:
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for someone who can do our taxes as April is going to be here soon. Does anyone know or even better tried any tax companies /services and could recommend them? English spoken would be preferred.

Thank you.
MarzMar 2, 2009 @ 00:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

46 Replies | 7220 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: tax services
Post 1
[quote]Hello everyone,

Thank you.[/quote]

Hi,

My wife does US taxes at http://www.1040.ch. Depending on your exact situation they will not be due in April but in June, or, maybe later.

cheers

bruce
[quote]Hello everyone,

Thank you.[/quote]

Hi,

My wife does US taxes at http://www.1040.ch. Depending on your exact situation they will not be due in April but in June, or, maybe later.

cheers

bruce

beoneel, Mar 2, 2009 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi,

cheers

bruce
[/quote]

Hi

Speak to Graham Paul at Moore Stephens, + 22908 6559

thanks

Simon

Hi,

cheers

bruce
[/quote]

Hi

Speak to Graham Paul at Moore Stephens, + 22908 6559

thanks

Simon
simon1, Mar 2, 2009 @ 17:01

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi guys,

Bruce, thanks but I have to do my Swiss taxes.

Simon, thanks for the number.
Hi guys,

Bruce, thanks but I have to do my Swiss taxes.

Simon, thanks for the number.
Marz, Mar 2, 2009 @ 18:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I know a group of Tax consultants in Basel who do Swiss Taxes - Speak English and do good work. Would you like the details?
I know a group of Tax consultants in Basel who do Swiss Taxes - Speak English and do good work. Would you like the details?
Moeonthemove, Mar 4, 2009 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
hi, as you are here from canada and you probably have a B permit, your taxes have been most likely taken out at source by your employer.

if you want to do the declaration, there is a web site which allows you to download the tax forms and will explain ( in english) how to fill it in. http://etat.geneve.ch/getax/04/art.jsp?id=7182

it's really quite easy, and you should imediately ask for a postponement of your declaration which is always allowed usually until august-september.

hi, as you are here from canada and you probably have a B permit, your taxes have been most likely taken out at source by your employer.

if you want to do the declaration, there is a web site which allows you to download the tax forms and will explain ( in english) how to fill it in. http://etat.geneve.ch/getax/04/art.jsp?id=7182

it's really quite easy, and you should imediately ask for a postponement of your declaration which is always allowed usually until august-september.
epicure, Mar 4, 2009 @ 17:29

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

i wonder if the programme you installed was in english  - just did it, and only french ... can you help please ?

i wonder if the programme you installed was in english  - just did it, and only french ... can you help please ?
mic_, Mar 4, 2009 @ 20:47

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
we propose to our client to help them for their tax, the cost is:

90 chf for simple tax return.
160 chf for tac return with real estate.

Regard

we propose to our client to help them for their tax, the cost is:

90 chf for simple tax return.
160 chf for tac return with real estate.

Regard
Tryky, Mar 4, 2009 @ 21:28

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Epicure- We have B permits but for some reason ( what I don't know) our employers don't take the taxes off automatically.

Thanks for the links.

Tryky, can you please send me the contact info? Is it 90 Chf per person or couple?
Epicure- We have B permits but for some reason ( what I don't know) our employers don't take the taxes off automatically.

Thanks for the links.

Tryky, can you please send me the contact info? Is it 90 Chf per person or couple?
Marz, Mar 5, 2009 @ 22:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Moeonthemove I think it will be better if someone here does it for us. Thanks anyways.

JoeC, yes please send me the info.

My husband will be dealing with contacting someone soon.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Moeonthemove I think it will be better if someone here does it for us. Thanks anyways.

JoeC, yes please send me the info.

My husband will be dealing with contacting someone soon.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Marz, Mar 5, 2009 @ 22:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
I am also looking to someone to assist on swiss taxes. Can you send me contact details as well?

Thanks all!
I am also looking to someone to assist on swiss taxes. Can you send me contact details as well?

Thanks all!
elm2net, Mar 15, 2009 @ 16:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
Which city are you looking for?
Which city are you looking for?
Moeonthemove, Mar 16, 2009 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Looking for an english speaking Tax Advisor/Accountant in Canton Vaud. Should have experience with international tax situations. Any suggestions are very welcome!

Looking for an english speaking Tax Advisor/Accountant in Canton Vaud. Should have experience with international tax situations. Any suggestions are very welcome!
Siegert, Mar 16, 2009 @ 18:37

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Joe, would this person do just Swiss taxes? (what I am interested in), and, do they speak English?

many thanks,

Ron

Joe, would this person do just Swiss taxes? (what I am interested in), and, do they speak English?

many thanks,

Ron
neumunz, Mar 24, 2009 @ 10:26

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
Hi everyone, also wondering about my taxes, if I have a B permit and do get them taken from the source, does that mean I don't have to worry about doing anything?  Thanks a million!!!
Hi everyone, also wondering about my taxes, if I have a B permit and do get them taken from the source, does that mean I don't have to worry about doing anything?  Thanks a million!!!
Pili, Mar 24, 2009 @ 10:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
Yes, you don't have to worry about anything.

But if you've got already a "rd pillar", you've until march 31 to reclaim your taxes back
Yes, you don't have to worry about anything.

But if you've got already a "rd pillar", you've until march 31 to reclaim your taxes back
RemyS, Mar 24, 2009 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
Thanks Remy, don't have the 3rd pillier thingy so I guess I am ok... but I also think I should look into getting it as I heard it helps save lots of taxes, but does it compensate in the end?!  Thanks again!
Thanks Remy, don't have the 3rd pillier thingy so I guess I am ok... but I also think I should look into getting it as I heard it helps save lots of taxes, but does it compensate in the end?!  Thanks again!
Pili, Mar 24, 2009 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
[quote]

Hi there, here at work we use an independent consultant (English national but Swiss citizen)here in Geneva, 25yrs exp. Semi retired now so very reasonable. Please let me know if you would like me to pass on details.

Joe[/quote]

Hi Joe, can you please forward me the details of this person too?

I need help doing my first tax in Switzerland working independently.
[quote]

Hi there, here at work we use an independent consultant (English national but Swiss citizen)here in Geneva, 25yrs exp. Semi retired now so very reasonable. Please let me know if you would like me to pass on details.

Joe[/quote]

Hi Joe, can you please forward me the details of this person too?

I need help doing my first tax in Switzerland working independently.
caspermca, Apr 24, 2009 @ 13:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
Hi, I am also looking for an English speaking Tax advisor for the Canton Vaud - did you get some replies? If, yes, would you mind sharing please? Thank you!
Hi, I am also looking for an English speaking Tax advisor for the Canton Vaud - did you get some replies? If, yes, would you mind sharing please? Thank you!
Antje, May 27, 2009 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

I bounced a bit but ended up at Moore Stephens on Rue du Rhone. They seem fine for me in this Canton but you may want to call them (022-908-6565) and ask about an office, and representative, for your situation. They a few a few difficult locations. Hopefully this helps.

I bounced a bit but ended up at Moore Stephens on Rue du Rhone. They seem fine for me in this Canton but you may want to call them (022-908-6565) and ask about an office, and representative, for your situation. They a few a few difficult locations. Hopefully this helps.
neumunz, May 27, 2009 @ 16:47

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20
[quote]hi, as you are here from canada and you probably have a B permit, your taxes have been most likelytaken out at source by your employer.

it's really quite easy, and you should imediately ask for a postponement of your declaration which is always allowed usually until august-september.[/quote]

Guys, if you have a B permit tax should be taken by your employer BUT if you are over 120 kCHF per year (500kCHF for those who live in Geneva), you can make a declaration and save some money ( I saved around 6000 CHF every year ).

If someone's around Fribourg I'll be glad to help.

Declaration is due early in the year (round march depending on canton), and 3 month delay can be admitted...more, I doubt on it.

[quote]hi, as you are here from canada and you probably have a B permit, your taxes have been most likelytaken out at source by your employer.

it's really quite easy, and you should imediately ask for a postponement of your declaration which is always allowed usually until august-september.[/quote]

Guys, if you have a B permit tax should be taken by your employer BUT if you are over 120 kCHF per year (500kCHF for those who live in Geneva), you can make a declaration and save some money ( I saved around 6000 CHF every year ).

If someone's around Fribourg I'll be glad to help.

Declaration is due early in the year (round march depending on canton), and 3 month delay can be admitted...more, I doubt on it.

cblo, May 29, 2009 @ 07:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

YES...could you send me the details?

YES...could you send me the details?
NYCtoGVA, Jun 8, 2009 @ 09:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22
[quote]

Joe[/quote]

Sorry about that last post:)

could you send me the information on accountants in Geneva who handle Swiss / US Taxes?
[quote]

Joe[/quote]

Sorry about that last post:)

could you send me the information on accountants in Geneva who handle Swiss / US Taxes?

NYCtoGVA, Jun 8, 2009 @ 09:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23
Hello, I'm also looking for an accountant who is familiar with filing US taxes / Swiss taxes. If anyone out there knows of anyone it would be super appreciative. Thanks.
Hello, I'm also looking for an accountant who is familiar with filing US taxes / Swiss taxes. If anyone out there knows of anyone it would be super appreciative. Thanks.
Gumshoe, Jun 8, 2009 @ 12:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24
 Me too.  Did anyone get a reply to this yet?  Simple tax filing in Geneva for a clueless expat.
 Me too.  Did anyone get a reply to this yet?  Simple tax filing in Geneva for a clueless expat.

JerG, Aug 27, 2009 @ 16:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25
If you are looking for a quite comprehensive tax/admin assistance, try Enrico Chincarini at http://www.synergix.ch/ - he speaks several languages fluently, including English.  And they have offices in Geneva and Nyon. 

BUT ... agree the price up-front.  They are not cheap.  I've heard of the 150CHF tax returns service, and probably it is fine, but as someone that doesn't want to think about taxes but still would like the account to explain "the Swiss stuff" to me (like how declaring certain religious affiliations can cost you 3% in some cantons!), I went for Synergix in the end.
If you are looking for a quite comprehensive tax/admin assistance, try Enrico Chincarini at http://www.synergix.ch/ - he speaks several languages fluently, including English.  And they have offices in Geneva and Nyon. 

BUT ... agree the price up-front.  They are not cheap.  I've heard of the 150CHF tax returns service, and probably it is fine, but as someone that doesn't want to think about taxes but still would like the account to explain "the Swiss stuff" to me (like how declaring certain religious affiliations can cost you 3% in some cantons!), I went for Synergix in the end.
Sandokan, Sep 8, 2009 @ 12:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Hello,

I am curious on who you found, what they recommended, and if you liked the results?  This will be my first time filing tax form for US while working out of the country.  I heard that you do not have to pay US taxes if you make under $80,000 and have not returned for more than 6 or 9 weeks in the states in one year.  Thanks, Brooke

Hello,

I am curious on who you found, what they recommended, and if you liked the results?  This will be my first time filing tax form for US while working out of the country.  I heard that you do not have to pay US taxes if you make under $80,000 and have not returned for more than 6 or 9 weeks in the states in one year.  Thanks, Brooke

Brooke_G, Jan 15, 2010 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Hi guys - I realize I'm a bit late, anyone with a tip for a German or English speaking Tax advisor in the Geneva / Nyon area ?

thanks alot

Herbert

Hi guys - I realize I'm a bit late, anyone with a tip for a German or English speaking Tax advisor in the Geneva / Nyon area ?

thanks alot

Herbert

Herbert Riess, Feb 28, 2010 @ 23:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Hello Tryky,

Where about are you based? I'd like to fill my tax return and assess if I have rights to any reimbursement?

I hold a B permit and I've been taxed at source since I moved to Switzerland in Feb 2009. I've lived in Vaud and GE cantons and I've changed jobs once.

Tks,

George

Hello Tryky,

Where about are you based? I'd like to fill my tax return and assess if I have rights to any reimbursement?

I hold a B permit and I've been taxed at source since I moved to Switzerland in Feb 2009. I've lived in Vaud and GE cantons and I've changed jobs once.

Tks,

George

geojusto, Mar 1, 2010 @ 10:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Hi,

I did my taxes with Maria Amato. She speaks English and does the files in French as required. She is very accassible and explains things clearly.

I posted her info in Guides part under Proffessional Services / Accounting

A.

Hi,

I did my taxes with Maria Amato. She speaks English and does the files in French as required. She is very accassible and explains things clearly.

I posted her info in Guides part under Proffessional Services / Accounting

A.

anushka, Mar 1, 2010 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Can anyone let me know a cheap tax consultant (name and contact phone) in Geneva region? 

P.S. Anushka, I tried calling Maria Amato several times, but without luck :-(

Thank you. Cheers, Krish

Can anyone let me know a cheap tax consultant (name and contact phone) in Geneva region? 

Thank you. Cheers, Krish

saykrish, Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Hi All, 

You can also try USTaxOnline.com - this is a British service that advises Expats. 

Hi All, 

You can also try USTaxOnline.com - this is a British service that advises Expats. 

Feliz_S, Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Another bit of advice-you can now file your own taxes and file a delay online in English at

to subscribe: www. ge.ch/ael

detailed tax information: www.ge.ch/impots

Another bit of advice-you can now file your own taxes and file a delay online in English at

to subscribe: www. ge.ch/ael

detailed tax information: www.ge.ch/impots

Feliz_S, Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

Thank you. Cheers, Krish

Mar 27, 12 11:10

She takes calls on Mon and Tue only.

Maybe she is just overloaded and doesn't take new clients 3 days before the 31st March deadline.  I have done mine with her in Feb and she was all accessible then.

She takes calls on Mon and Tue only.

Maybe she is just overloaded and doesn't take new clients 3 days before the 31st March deadline.  I have done mine with her in Feb and she was all accessible then.

anushka, Mar 27, 2012 @ 13:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Hello,

You can contact my college mr. Saber

Best is send him one email at [email protected]

Good luck,

Raymond

Hello,

You can contact my college mr. Saber

Best is send him one email at [email protected]

Good luck,

Raymond

rharmeling, Mar 27, 2012 @ 15:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Hello,

I am the director of a certified public accountant firm, specialized in swiss and US taxes. We have a special offer for both US+swiss tax returns. For more information, please send me a private e-mail at helene.demeire(at)swiss-tax.net

Hope I can help you

See you soon,

H.

Hello,

I am the director of a certified public accountant firm, specialized in swiss and US taxes. We have a special offer for both US+swiss tax returns. For more information, please send me a private e-mail at helene.demeire(at)swiss-tax.net

Hope I can help you

See you soon,

H.

helene de meire, Mar 27, 2012 @ 15:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

Hi there, 

I am not sure this thread is still alive, but in case somebody is looking for good tax advise, I can warmly recommend Salerno & Associés: www.gsass.ch I work with Caroline Philippoz, really nice and good English.

Ping me for more,

Norbert

Hi there, 

I am not sure this thread is still alive, but in case somebody is looking for good tax advise, I can warmly recommend Salerno & Associés: www.gsass.ch I work with Caroline Philippoz, really nice and good English.

Ping me for more,

Norbert

RNorbesz, Nov 26, 2015 @ 12:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

I used this google form a little while ago when I arrived in Geneva, received a brief e-mail containing some benefits I could receive but was offered an opportunity to be spoken to by a qualified advisor by a company if I wanted some information. Didn't take the call but it could be useful depending on whether or not you choose to take the call!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iqg8YnteM76pyuxEVvr6ZUJGzgCAdOHC4jNj8ZrPhW0/edit

I used this google form a little while ago when I arrived in Geneva, received a brief e-mail containing some benefits I could receive but was offered an opportunity to be spoken to by a qualified advisor by a company if I wanted some information. Didn't take the call but it could be useful depending on whether or not you choose to take the call!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iqg8YnteM76pyuxEVvr6ZUJGzgCAdOHC4jNj8ZrPhW0/edit

Mohieddine Kaddouri, Jan 13, 2016 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

Olivier Butty from BSC Fiduciare is excellent. He has been my account for personal & business taxes for 2 years and after a terrible experience in the past he is a breath of fresh air. Knowledgeable & practical approach, rapid & reasonable rates.

Olivier Butty
[email protected]
Ch. Moïse Duboule 49, 1209 Genève

Regards

Sam

Woodhouse Carpentry & Custom Furniture
www.wood-house.ch
[email protected]
079 763 58 97

Workshop address: Chemin Delay 3, 1214 Vernier
Postal & Office address: Rue de Saint Jean 23, 1203 Genève

Olivier Butty from BSC Fiduciare is excellent. He has been my account for personal & business taxes for 2 years and after a terrible experience in the past he is a breath of fresh air. Knowledgeable & practical approach, rapid & reasonable rates.

Olivier Butty
[email protected]
Ch. Moïse Duboule 49, 1209 Genève

Regards

Sam

Woodhouse Carpentry & Custom Furniture
www.wood-house.ch
[email protected]
079 763 58 97

Workshop address: Chemin Delay 3, 1214 Vernier
Postal & Office address: Rue de Saint Jean 23, 1203 Genève

SamW, Jul 2, 2016 @ 12:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

Dear Norbert

I would like to file tax return in geneva. My case is quite simple. I working in as an counsultant in IOM from feb 2016 and i have been paying advance tax till now. 

Note that i am not employ of IOM and still an employ of indian company.

Could you help me to file mz return and what would be approximate cost 

Regards

Safder

Dear Norbert

I would like to file tax return in geneva. My case is quite simple. I working in as an counsultant in IOM from feb 2016 and i have been paying advance tax till now. 

Could you help me to file mz return and what would be approximate cost 

Regards

Safder

Safder Husain, Jan 28, 2017 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

Dear All

would like help on this. good if some english speaking help me.

Regards

Safder

Dear All

would like help on this. good if some english speaking help me.

Regards

Safder

Safder Husain, Jan 28, 2017 @ 11:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

Hello Safder,

I don't know if they give consult for independent but they have an incredible knowledge about all the various situations, they speak English and they are very nice ;-) : www.synergix.ch

Hello Safder,

I don't know if they give consult for independent but they have an incredible knowledge about all the various situations, they speak English and they are very nice ;-) : www.synergix.ch

Eva André, Feb 1, 2017 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

I can help you to fill your Geneva tax return 2016. I call maximize legal deductions so you pay less. I’m flexible, I can move to your place or we can simply meet in a café. Just drop me an email at: [email protected]  I will tell you what to gather as documents your declaration.

Price:
80 frs for simple declaration (single)
150 frs for simple declaration (couple)

I can help you to fill your Geneva tax return 2016. I call maximize legal deductions so you pay less. I’m flexible, I can move to your place or we can simply meet in a café. Just drop me an email at: [email protected]  I will tell you what to gather as documents your declaration.

Price:
150 frs for simple declaration (couple)

Youl C, Feb 4, 2017 @ 16:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Thanks Coull. Will contact you via email

Regards

Safder

Thanks Coull. Will contact you via email

Regards

Safder

Safder Husain, Feb 4, 2017 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

Aug 27, 09 16:16

Price:

Price:

Youl C, Feb 8, 2017 @ 23:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

Does he have a website or email address please?

thanks

Does he have a website or email address please?

thanks

Melissa M, Feb 13, 2017 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
46 Replies | 7220 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form