Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > wanted: private tennis lessons without becoming member of a club...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
wanted: private tennis lessons without becoming member of a club...

I would love to take private tennis lessons in Geneva but do not want to sign up for a club membership right away. Does anyone know if this is possible anywhere?

The text you are quoting:

I would love to take private tennis lessons in Geneva but do not want to sign up for a club membership right away. Does anyone know if this is possible anywhere?

Sebastian BApr 29, 2012 @ 18:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

27 Replies | 9773 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: wanted: private tennis lessons without becoming member of a club...
Post 1

Hi Sebastian,

I am looking for the same thing, and was wondering if you found such a place in Geneva??

Best,

Elif

Hi Sebastian,

I am looking for the same thing, and was wondering if you found such a place in Geneva??

Best,

Elif

ELIF K, May 30, 2012 @ 21:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I am a member at the International Club de Tennis and there is a pro there that offers lessons. I do not believe you need to be a member to take lessons, but I can double check for you tomorrow. I think that this will be the case at most clubs in Geneva as well. Good luck!

I am a member at the International Club de Tennis and there is a pro there that offers lessons. I do not believe you need to be a member to take lessons, but I can double check for you tomorrow. I think that this will be the case at most clubs in Geneva as well. Good luck!

Jason T, May 30, 2012 @ 22:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I got in touch with Thomas (who i believe is one of the instructors at Intern. Club de Tennis) and he offered me private lessons. But actually I hoping for a more affordable rate! I would appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I got in touch with Thomas (who i believe is one of the instructors at Intern. Club de Tennis) and he offered me private lessons. But actually I hoping for a more affordable rate! I would appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks!

ELIF K, May 31, 2012 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Elif, Jason,

I investigated a bit more and it seems indeed as if it is not necessary to be a club member to take tennis lessons (I checked for TC Drizia: http://www.tcdrizia.ch and for TC Champel: http://www.tc-geneve.ch/champel/tcge_champel.htm). However, tennis lessons are not cheap, you need to expect to pay 80CHF and 100 CHF per hour... welcome to Geneva...

Let me know if you have found anything more reasonable :)

Best,
Seb

Hi Elif, Jason,

I investigated a bit more and it seems indeed as if it is not necessary to be a club member to take tennis lessons (I checked for TC Drizia: http://www.tcdrizia.ch and for TC Champel: http://www.tc-geneve.ch/champel/tcge_champel.htm). However, tennis lessons are not cheap, you need to expect to pay 80CHF and 100 CHF per hour... welcome to Geneva...

Let me know if you have found anything more reasonable :)

Best,
Seb

Sebastian B, Jun 14, 2012 @ 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks for the heads up. I am not sure of your guys levels and what sort of expectations you have with your games, but there are some "public" courts in vessy i found for something like 7chf an hour. i havent dont much research on public courts as i get court time at the club. If you guys want to hit or see a posting for a tennis get together let me know because I am usually availble to hit whenever. How good are you guys? I know the US system and Swiss system so in the US I was a 4.5/5.0 and in Switzerland I am an R2. Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up. I am not sure of your guys levels and what sort of expectations you have with your games, but there are some "public" courts in vessy i found for something like 7chf an hour. i havent dont much research on public courts as i get court time at the club. If you guys want to hit or see a posting for a tennis get together let me know because I am usually availble to hit whenever. How good are you guys? I know the US system and Swiss system so in the US I was a 4.5/5.0 and in Switzerland I am an R2. Cheers!

Jason T, Jun 14, 2012 @ 21:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Sebastian/Elfi,

not sure about your levle and if you already found some instructors. I am german but just arrived after 12 years from Costa Rica. I teached my kids and in a small private clubs beginners over there. Since wejust arrived 1 week ago I am looking for new tennis partners for me and my kids. However in case you are still interested I could help you out on some public courts. Right now we are tempo. in Onex and I have 8 public courts right next to us apartments, but soon we will move to Nyon/Gland. in case you are interested: [email protected]

Hi Sebastian/Elfi,

not sure about your levle and if you already found some instructors. I am german but just arrived after 12 years from Costa Rica. I teached my kids and in a small private clubs beginners over there. Since wejust arrived 1 week ago I am looking for new tennis partners for me and my kids. However in case you are still interested I could help you out on some public courts. Right now we are tempo. in Onex and I have 8 public courts right next to us apartments, but soon we will move to Nyon/Gland. in case you are interested: [email protected]

Sven Sauer, Oct 28, 2012 @ 11:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Sebastian,

Best,

Elif

May 30, 12 21:30

Hello Elif .....

I have something for you .... http://www.tennisguru.com .... check this website... they provide online Tennis video lessons which are very helpful for all the users .... the videos are made by the professionals and beginners can take advantage from these instructional videos at very less price .. so, just go and get them

Hello Elif .....

I have something for you .... http://www.tennisguru.com .... check this website... they provide online Tennis video lessons which are very helpful for all the users .... the videos are made by the professionals and beginners can take advantage from these instructional videos at very less price .. so, just go and get them

Clint Dawson, May 1, 2013 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

You can take tennis lessons at Ecole-Club Migros, several locations in Gva.

You can take tennis lessons at Ecole-Club Migros, several locations in Gva.

Nadia S, May 2, 2013 @ 21:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi guys, 

We're in touch with severat tennis teachers, trying to negotioate a tennis class deal on BuyClub. Still too early to tell if we'll be able to have something or not. If we get something, will update you here. 

If someone knows a good free-lance tennis teacher in Geneva, who might be up for running a BuyClub promo with us and getting 100 new clients real quick, thanks for letting me know. 

Nir, glocals / BuyClub co-founder

Hi guys, 

We're in touch with severat tennis teachers, trying to negotioate a tennis class deal on BuyClub. Still too early to tell if we'll be able to have something or not. If we get something, will update you here. 

If someone knows a good free-lance tennis teacher in Geneva, who might be up for running a BuyClub promo with us and getting 100 new clients real quick, thanks for letting me know. 

Nir, glocals / BuyClub co-founder

Nir Ofek, May 2, 2013 @ 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

The city of GVA offers tennis lessons, quite reasonably priced:

http://www.ville-geneve.ch/themes/sport/cours-sport/adultes/tennis/

Classes are Friday evenings, which may be inconvenient for weekend plans. I have not tried them myself (partly because of the w-e inconvenience!) but would love to hear from anyone who has had any experience with them.

Cheers,

The city of GVA offers tennis lessons, quite reasonably priced:

http://www.ville-geneve.ch/themes/sport/cours-sport/adultes/tennis/

Classes are Friday evenings, which may be inconvenient for weekend plans. I have not tried them myself (partly because of the w-e inconvenience!) but would love to hear from anyone who has had any experience with them.

Cheers,

Monica F, May 2, 2013 @ 21:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Nir, Any word on a tennis buyclub deal??

Thanks!

Nir, Any word on a tennis buyclub deal??

Thanks!

clonell, Jul 19, 2013 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

You can train with my coach, Laura, at the university club in Champel. Her rates are very reasonable, then you pay an extra 10 CHF for the court if you're not a member.

She's very cool, and patient! She's a full time pro player and coach, and has improved my game massively.

I won't post her number publicly, but send me a message and I'll send her contact info.

You can train with my coach, Laura, at the university club in Champel. Her rates are very reasonable, then you pay an extra 10 CHF for the court if you're not a member.

She's very cool, and patient! She's a full time pro player and coach, and has improved my game massively.

I won't post her number publicly, but send me a message and I'll send her contact info.

Amy Soska, Jul 19, 2013 @ 16:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Clonell: doesn't look like it'll happen soon. Sorry...

Clonell: doesn't look like it'll happen soon. Sorry...

Nir Ofek, Jul 19, 2013 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

hello jason,

i see this is quite an old posting, but i thought i'd give it a go.

i'm a 3.5/4.0 player in the US (R6/R7 if I understand the système du classement here in Switzerland), and am looking for hitting/playing partners as well - bois des frères or nearby would be ideal.

Thanks,

Joe

hello jason,

i see this is quite an old posting, but i thought i'd give it a go.

i'm a 3.5/4.0 player in the US (R6/R7 if I understand the système du classement here in Switzerland), and am looking for hitting/playing partners as well - bois des frères or nearby would be ideal.

Thanks,

Joe

joe c, Aug 21, 2013 @ 11:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Hi Elfi,

I am not sure if you are still interested in playing tennis or looking for a coach.Where do you usually play. I am a member of the Tc Nyon and for CHF 20 we could rent a court over there. I train kids for a long time, biput no worriesyou can just take a free class and see if you like it. I could also come to a public court if you know any. We just moved 8 month ago here and right now I have a bit more time.

Hi Elfi,

I am not sure if you are still interested in playing tennis or looking for a coach.Where do you usually play. I am a member of the Tc Nyon and for CHF 20 we could rent a court over there. I train kids for a long time, biput no worriesyou can just take a free class and see if you like it. I could also come to a public court if you know any. We just moved 8 month ago here and right now I have a bit more time.

Sven Sauer, Aug 21, 2013 @ 15:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Joe,

I am a member of the TC Nyon in case you would like to hit some balls.

Sven

Joe,

I am a member of the TC Nyon in case you would like to hit some balls.

Sven

Sven Sauer, Aug 21, 2013 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Hello Amy

I am very interested in taking private tennis lesson.

Would you please forward me your coach contact?

thanks in advance

diem

Hello Amy

I am very interested in taking private tennis lesson.

Would you please forward me your coach contact?

thanks in advance

diem

Diem B, Sep 4, 2013 @ 22:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hi Amy,

I'm looking for a tennis instructor and found your post. Do you know if Laura is still available? If so, could you perhaps give me her number?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Victoria

Hi Amy,

I'm looking for a tennis instructor and found your post. Do you know if Laura is still available? If so, could you perhaps give me her number?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Victoria

Vicky S, Jun 24, 2014 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hi Ami,

I just saw your message and it is exactly what I'm looking for. Could you pass me your couch contacts please. i would be happy to have lessons with her.

Thank you in advance and hope you are still in Geneva ))

BR, Vera

Hi Ami,

I just saw your message and it is exactly what I'm looking for. Could you pass me your couch contacts please. i would be happy to have lessons with her.

BR, Vera

Vera M, Aug 27, 2014 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Jul 19, 13 16:04

Hi Ami,

BR, Vera

Hi Ami,

BR, Vera

Vera M, Aug 27, 2014 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Jul 19, 13 16:04

Dear Amy,

I realize that this is quite an old thread... but if your coach, Laura, is still available, could you kindly pass me her contact information? I would be interested to learn more about the private tennis lessons.

Thank you so much.

Best wishes,

Rumiko

Dear Amy,

I realize that this is quite an old thread... but if your coach, Laura, is still available, could you kindly pass me her contact information? I would be interested to learn more about the private tennis lessons.

Thank you so much.

Best wishes,

Rumiko

Rumiko A, Dec 25, 2015 @ 23:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much.

Best wishes,

Rumiko

Dec 25, 15 23:49

Hi Rumiko,

She teaches in a club these days, sorry.

Amy

Hi Rumiko,

She teaches in a club these days, sorry.

Amy

Amy Soska, Dec 26, 2015 @ 19:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Try the tennis club at Pregny Chambesy, the professional does lessons there. I am unsure of his rates but by all accounts very good (but I cannot confirm from personal experience!)

http://www.tcchambesy.com/

Dave

Try the tennis club at Pregny Chambesy, the professional does lessons there. I am unsure of his rates but by all accounts very good (but I cannot confirm from personal experience!)

http://www.tcchambesy.com/

Dave

Dave H, Jan 4, 2016 @ 15:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

TIQ 2 Sports just launched in the Geneva / Vaud area - currently three tennis trainers are listed. One of them, Renaldo Schuppli, is organising summer tennis camps in Nyon, for children but also for adults. You do not need to be a member to participate in these camps. 

www.tiq2sports.com

Laura

PS. If you know of any Trainer, in any sport, who likes to be on TIQ 2 Sports, do let me know!

TIQ 2 Sports just launched in the Geneva / Vaud area - currently three tennis trainers are listed. One of them, Renaldo Schuppli, is organising summer tennis camps in Nyon, for children but also for adults. You do not need to be a member to participate in these camps. 

www.tiq2sports.com

Laura

PS. If you know of any Trainer, in any sport, who likes to be on TIQ 2 Sports, do let me know!

Laura O, Mar 21, 2016 @ 14:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Hello,

would love to hit a few balls, for instance on the public courts at Vessy / Bout-du-Monde.

level approx. R5-6....but last summer :)

Niki

Hello,

would love to hit a few balls, for instance on the public courts at Vessy / Bout-du-Monde.

level approx. R5-6....but last summer :)

Niki

Niki F, Mar 21, 2016 @ 17:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Hi

Just wondering if you still have the contact details of Laura for tennis lessons.  That's if she is still giving them in or around Champel.

Thank you.

Sheila

Hi

Just wondering if you still have the contact details of Laura for tennis lessons.  That's if she is still giving them in or around Champel.

Thank you.

Sheila

sheila s, Jul 27, 2017 @ 09:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Hi Sheila,

On TIQ 2 Sports (www.tiq2sports.com) you can find trainers and clubs in over 30 sports, including tennis. You can immediately book from there. If you can't find what you're looking for, don't hesitate to send an email to [email protected] and the team will start a search for you - for free

Hi Sheila,

On TIQ 2 Sports (www.tiq2sports.com) you can find trainers and clubs in over 30 sports, including tennis. You can immediately book from there. If you can't find what you're looking for, don't hesitate to send an email to [email protected] and the team will start a search for you - for free
Laura O, Jul 27, 2017 @ 20:35

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
27 Replies | 9773 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form