Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Borat!
Sasha Baron Conen plays the goofy TV reporter Borat from Kazakhstan who makes fun of himself and others through his slapstick comedy sketches. I quite enjoyed the small sketches but thought the movie was entirely too long. Don't get me wrong, there are moments that are so unbelievable my mouth was gaped with disbelief after which I had to laugh uncontrollably. Borat's producers' balls hanging in Borat's face during their naked wresteling match was one of these moments. My favorite part was the dinner scene with the prostitute.

In brief, probably not worth the 16 francs at the theatres but would be worth the 7 francs at the video shop in a couple of months.
The text you are quoting:
Sasha Baron Conen plays the goofy TV reporter Borat from Kazakhstan who makes fun of himself and others through his slapstick comedy sketches. I quite enjoyed the small sketches but thought the movie was entirely too long. Don't get me wrong, there are moments that are so unbelievable my mouth was gaped with disbelief after which I had to laugh uncontrollably. Borat's producers' balls hanging in Borat's face during their naked wresteling match was one of these moments. My favorite part was the dinner scene with the prostitute.

In brief, probably not worth the 16 francs at the theatres but would be worth the 7 francs at the video shop in a couple of months.
nancyNov 17, 2006 @ 11:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1332 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Borat!
Post 1
i hear you when yo usay it's not worth the CHF 17 (except maybe th escene with the prostitute), but the trailor looks so good i know I will go to see it...(-:
i hear you when yo usay it's not worth the CHF 17 (except maybe th escene with the prostitute), but the trailor looks so good i know I will go to see it...(-:

Nir Ofek, Nov 17, 2006 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I thought it was surprisingly good but disappointingly short...though I have been waiting a long time to see this as I am a fan of Sacha Baron Cohen.

I would really like to know how 'staged' it all is though. At least some of his 'victims' shown believed he was a boorish Kazakh reporter travelling in America for the first time, but did they all?

I heard last night that this movie has been banned in a few localities in the mid west. A shame, since - if the views of drunken college guys on the bus, for example, are accurate - I think Borat should be required viewing.
I thought it was surprisingly good but disappointingly short...though I have been waiting a long time to see this as I am a fan of Sacha Baron Cohen.

I would really like to know how 'staged' it all is though. At least some of his 'victims' shown believed he was a boorish Kazakh reporter travelling in America for the first time, but did they all?

I heard last night that this movie has been banned in a few localities in the mid west. A shame, since - if the views of drunken college guys on the bus, for example, are accurate - I think Borat should be required viewing.
billmc23, Nov 21, 2006 @ 15:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Frankly, I think the movie was not all, but mostly in bad taste. Like most modern art and movies and other things today, it's out to shock people. I found the humour very low standard. It was not even close to what one would classically call slapstick comedy either.
Frankly, I think the movie was not all, but mostly in bad taste. Like most modern art and movies and other things today, it's out to shock people. I found the humour very low standard. It was not even close to what one would classically call slapstick comedy either.
Roberta, Nov 24, 2006 @ 17:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Ben Cohen has a history of "bad taste" ... Ali G etc (Borat is also in some Ali G sketches)... so I dont understand how anyone can be shocked and appalled by this film...

I went to this movie expecting bad taste, and got my moneys worth...its excellent and hilarious... and so completely un PC that it was refreshing and invigourating.
I laughed till it hurt.

Sorry Roberta, but if you were shocked then it was your own fault .... surely you would have known in part what to expect.
Ben Cohen has a history of "bad taste" ... Ali G etc (Borat is also in some Ali G sketches)... so I dont understand how anyone can be shocked and appalled by this film...

I went to this movie expecting bad taste, and got my moneys worth...its excellent and hilarious... and so completely un PC that it was refreshing and invigourating.
I laughed till it hurt.

Sorry Roberta, but if you were shocked then it was your own fault .... surely you would have known in part what to expect.

Charlie, Nov 27, 2006 @ 17:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1332 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form