Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > CD "O" by Damien Rice - not new BUT...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
CD "O" by Damien Rice - not new BUT...
...in my opinion one of the best album released in recent years!

Every now and then, you stumble across an album that knocks you sideways. “O” by Damien Rice is such an album for me.

Rice is an Irish man with a guitar singing songs of extreme melancholy but with immense passion and dedication. Or as a reviewer on amazon puts it “The mood of the record at first touch is pain, BUT, as you listen, you sort of see the beauty in that pain. Like, when the sun comes out in the middle of a rainstorm”.

Song writing and storytelling on "O" are superb. Rice himself might not be the best singer on earth but somehow his voice and Lisa Hannigan’s - who joins him on several tracks -, are breathtaking, and pull you in completely.
Some of you might have heard his song “the blower’s daughter” which opened and closed the movie “Closer” with Jude Law & Natalie Portman.

So, if I got you a bit interested in the album, check out song samples on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009V7P8/ref=dp_return_1/002-5695073-5775232?ie=UTF8&n=5174&s=music

You won’t regret it!

-Alex
The text you are quoting:
...in my opinion one of the best album released in recent years!

Every now and then, you stumble across an album that knocks you sideways. “O” by Damien Rice is such an album for me.

Rice is an Irish man with a guitar singing songs of extreme melancholy but with immense passion and dedication. Or as a reviewer on amazon puts it “The mood of the record at first touch is pain, BUT, as you listen, you sort of see the beauty in that pain. Like, when the sun comes out in the middle of a rainstorm”.

Song writing and storytelling on "O" are superb. Rice himself might not be the best singer on earth but somehow his voice and Lisa Hannigan’s - who joins him on several tracks -, are breathtaking, and pull you in completely.
Some of you might have heard his song “the blower’s daughter” which opened and closed the movie “Closer” with Jude Law & Natalie Portman.

So, if I got you a bit interested in the album, check out song samples on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009V7P8/ref=dp_return_1/002-5695073-5775232?ie=UTF8&n=5174&s=music

You won’t regret it!

-Alex

QuijoteJul 11, 2006 @ 02:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1300 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: CD "O" by Damien Rice - not new BUT...
Post 1
That that is my all time favourite CD? I loved it from day 1. Since I heard the blower's daughter and Cannonball ...
and I am still in love with it.
Not recommeneded if u are .. already gloomy .. unless u want to relly enjoy that state.

:)
Vale
That that is my all time favourite CD? I loved it from day 1. Since I heard the blower's daughter and Cannonball ...
and I am still in love with it.
Not recommeneded if u are .. already gloomy .. unless u want to relly enjoy that state.

:)
Vale
Hoiling, Jul 18, 2006 @ 14:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I saw him in Detroit in a small venue, shortly after this album came out. It was a small and intimate event and is definitely one of the best shows that I've been to. At one point he asked for a key, some words, and he proceeded to loop and create a song in front of everyone. I still have some 30 second videos I took with my camera at the time...

If you like Damien Rice I imagine that you'd also like Nick Drake. He's also a bit gloomy but it's all good stuff.

Cheers,
Matt
I saw him in Detroit in a small venue, shortly after this album came out. It was a small and intimate event and is definitely one of the best shows that I've been to. At one point he asked for a key, some words, and he proceeded to loop and create a song in front of everyone. I still have some 30 second videos I took with my camera at the time...

If you like Damien Rice I imagine that you'd also like Nick Drake. He's also a bit gloomy but it's all good stuff.

Cheers,
Matt
mrbeau, Jul 26, 2006 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
HI,

You couldn't have described it better!!! I discover Damien rice in a funny way, I was waiting for an ice cream at Paquis, and they were playing its CD, I asked who it was,I immediately loved his voice!!!

Now I can listen to it endlessly, but it's true sometimes a bit depressing,but so deep in emotions....

In live,he must be wonderful, do you have an idea when he's going to perform in Switzerland or around?

see you
HI,

You couldn't have described it better!!! I discover Damien rice in a funny way, I was waiting for an ice cream at Paquis, and they were playing its CD, I asked who it was,I immediately loved his voice!!!

Now I can listen to it endlessly, but it's true sometimes a bit depressing,but so deep in emotions....

In live,he must be wonderful, do you have an idea when he's going to perform in Switzerland or around?

see you
nadege, Aug 30, 2006 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1300 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form