Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Thanks you for Smoking - Mediocre

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Thanks you for Smoking - Mediocre
i read the book a few years back, and it was one of the funniest and best books I have ever read. So i had very high hopes for the movie. But it was a let down.

The movie was OK, but did not capture all the sharp dialouge from the book, and Nick's way of turning things you say against you.

Net: OK movie, but nothing special.
The text you are quoting:
i read the book a few years back, and it was one of the funniest and best books I have ever read. So i had very high hopes for the movie. But it was a let down.

The movie was OK, but did not capture all the sharp dialouge from the book, and Nick's way of turning things you say against you.

Net: OK movie, but nothing special.

Nir OfekOct 3, 2006 @ 17:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1328 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Thanks you for Smoking - Mediocre
Post 1
I went to watch it with my girlfriend and another friend, and we all found it very good, as did most of the other people I know that saw it. It's even prolly the movie I prefered that year (Ok, I didn0t get to see that many, but still).
But you read the book before... and you know how it is... we are always disapointed (well, usually at least) when it's like this.
Remy
I went to watch it with my girlfriend and another friend, and we all found it very good, as did most of the other people I know that saw it. It's even prolly the movie I prefered that year (Ok, I didn0t get to see that many, but still).
But you read the book before... and you know how it is... we are always disapointed (well, usually at least) when it's like this.
Remy
RemyS, Oct 3, 2006 @ 17:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I really liked the film. I'm the argumentative type so enjoyed the dialogue quite a bit. "its not about proving that I'm right, it's about proving the other person is wrong. If you can do that then you've won the argument". Particularly liked the M.O.D squad (Merchants of Death) who represent the Tabaco, alcohol and firearm industry. Good stuff.
I really liked the film. I'm the argumentative type so enjoyed the dialogue quite a bit. "its not about proving that I'm right, it's about proving the other person is wrong. If you can do that then you've won the argument". Particularly liked the M.O.D squad (Merchants of Death) who represent the Tabaco, alcohol and firearm industry. Good stuff.
nancy, Oct 3, 2006 @ 20:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I might want to look it up and read it :)
thanks!

Vale
I might want to look it up and read it :)
thanks!

Vale
Hoiling, Oct 3, 2006 @ 20:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Richard Buckley