Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > The Fountain: eternal passion

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
The Fountain: eternal passion
This is a very intriguing, profoundly sad and wonderfull movie.
If you are optimistic about life, this one helps taking optimism even beyond.
It is very poetic and I would recommend it!
Cheers,
B.
The text you are quoting:
This is a very intriguing, profoundly sad and wonderfull movie.
If you are optimistic about life, this one helps taking optimism even beyond.
It is very poetic and I would recommend it!
Cheers,
B.
broosterJan 8, 2007 @ 18:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 943 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: The Fountain: eternal passion
Post 1
I found 'The Fountain' to be an extremely moving movie.

When I read local reviews of it on geneva.cinemas.ch I found it interesting to see that on the whole the french reviews were very positive, whereas out of the three english reviews, two were utterly condemning and the third far from glowing.

Do you think this is a cultural difference? Perhaps it is simply those particular reviewers..

For me, I found the story to be both fascinatingly simple and complex - the basic premise is simple, but the way it is woven together is complicated and, I found, very moving.

I guess that people take from it their own personal lesson; for me it was a timely warning not to spend so much time considering the future that I forget to live today.

Kiriel
The text you are quoting:
I found 'The Fountain' to be an extremely moving movie.

When I read local reviews of it on geneva.cinemas.ch I found it interesting to see that on the whole the french reviews were very positive, whereas out of the three english reviews, two were utterly condemning and the third far from glowing.

Do you think this is a cultural difference? Perhaps it is simply those particular reviewers..

For me, I found the story to be both fascinatingly simple and complex - the basic premise is simple, but the way it is woven together is complicated and, I found, very moving.

I guess that people take from it their own personal lesson; for me it was a timely warning not to spend so much time considering the future that I forget to live today.

Kiriel
Kiriel, Feb 8, 2007 @ 14:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 943 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form