Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Arriving in Geneva in Aug!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Arriving in Geneva in Aug!

Hello, everyone,

This is Shirley.  My fiancé started his work with Red Cross 2 weeks ago and I will be moving to Geneva in August.  I am looking forward to meeting new friends!

I also started looking for housing, and it is very very expensive.  Did you use agents?  Any experience?

I also have questions about my 110v house appliances from US.  Does it make sense to get a transformer?  Or just buy new stuff in Geneva?

How about bikes?  Are people into outdoor activities there?  We're avid hikers and love water sport.

Love to meet everyone soon!

Shirley

The text you are quoting:

Hello, everyone,

This is Shirley.  My fiancé started his work with Red Cross 2 weeks ago and I will be moving to Geneva in August.  I am looking forward to meeting new friends!

I also started looking for housing, and it is very very expensive.  Did you use agents?  Any experience?

I also have questions about my 110v house appliances from US.  Does it make sense to get a transformer?  Or just buy new stuff in Geneva?

How about bikes?  Are people into outdoor activities there?  We're avid hikers and love water sport.

Love to meet everyone soon!

Shirley

shirley cJun 30, 2010 @ 04:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 537 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Arriving in Geneva in Aug!
Post 1

Hi Shirley

I just moved from the US to Basel, but chose to live across the border in France. I had the same issue with electronics and in the end I just bought everything new here. It's just a pain to get transformers for everything so I wouldn't bother!

Faiz

The text you are quoting:

Hi Shirley

I just moved from the US to Basel, but chose to live across the border in France. I had the same issue with electronics and in the end I just bought everything new here. It's just a pain to get transformers for everything so I wouldn't bother!

Faiz

Faiz K, Jun 30, 2010 @ 08:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 537 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form