Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Arriving in Geneva in May

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Arriving in Geneva in May

Greetings! I've been checking out the forums, and finally decided to post. Staying for 3-6 months, working at WIPO. ON thing that strikes me is how difficult it is to find reasonable housing arrangements.  Any advice?  Aside from that I'm looking forward to my stay, wherever that may be, ha.  

Re Geneva itself, is there a big sailing community on the lake? How difficult is it to get onto a crew at a club?  Also, planning to summit Mont Blanc in August.

Cheers!

The text you are quoting:

Greetings! I've been checking out the forums, and finally decided to post. Staying for 3-6 months, working at WIPO. ON thing that strikes me is how difficult it is to find reasonable housing arrangements.  Any advice?  Aside from that I'm looking forward to my stay, wherever that may be, ha.  

Re Geneva itself, is there a big sailing community on the lake? How difficult is it to get onto a crew at a club?  Also, planning to summit Mont Blanc in August.

Cheers!

Ernest KMar 22, 2011 @ 05:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 691 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Arriving in Geneva in May
Post 1

For accomodation I have been too lazy to look so I'm still living in the countryside. 

On the sailing side you can look forward to the bol d'or which will start in over 2000 hrs from now. Sailing on the lake is popular. Due to the mountains around there are many different winds and names for those winds which you will enjoy learning I'm sure. 

For accomodation I have been too lazy to look so I'm still living in the countryside. 

On the sailing side you can look forward to the bol d'or which will start in over 2000 hrs from now. Sailing on the lake is popular. Due to the mountains around there are many different winds and names for those winds which you will enjoy learning I'm sure. 

Richard A, Mar 22, 2011 @ 08:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Ernest,

I'm looking for a "reasonable housing arrangements" too ;). And i will be in Geneva in May for 3 months. So maybe we will find something together? a roomate? 

Hi Ernest,

I'm looking for a "reasonable housing arrangements" too ;). And i will be in Geneva in May for 3 months. So maybe we will find something together? a roomate? 

kevin g, Mar 22, 2011 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I've been searching around for sailing information on the lake.  Looks great.  What boats are popular out here?

Can you guys recommend any locations outside of the city that are still within commuting distance?  In all, I'm not hell bent on living in the city, but need access to reliable transportation. 

I've been searching around for sailing information on the lake.  Looks great.  What boats are popular out here?

Can you guys recommend any locations outside of the city that are still within commuting distance?  In all, I'm not hell bent on living in the city, but need access to reliable transportation. 

Ernest K, Mar 22, 2011 @ 17:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

hello  i read your message are you still looking for accomodation in geneva?i live in a house with my 3 kids not far from the city center.i am renting out a big bedroom with a bathroom furnished.i am also a sailing fan.if ever i can help out.

hello  i read your message are you still looking for accomodation in geneva?i live in a house with my 3 kids not far from the city center.i am renting out a big bedroom with a bathroom furnished.i am also a sailing fan.if ever i can help out.

Rosemary O, Apr 9, 2011 @ 21:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 691 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form