Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Aussie moving to Geneva alone in one week! Looking for friends and a place to rent!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Aussie moving to Geneva alone in one week! Looking for friends and a place to rent!

Hey guys Smile

My name is Steph and I am moving to Geneva for six months in one week after accepting my dream internship two days ago! I am so excited, but do not know anyone and am looking for friends and a place to rent! 

I am pretty adventerous and love to travel, meet new people, go to restaurants and bars and experience new things! If you are looking for a friend or if you have a spare room available for rent please message me! 

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in Geneva!!

Steph 

The text you are quoting:

Hey guys Smile

My name is Steph and I am moving to Geneva for six months in one week after accepting my dream internship two days ago! I am so excited, but do not know anyone and am looking for friends and a place to rent! 

I am pretty adventerous and love to travel, meet new people, go to restaurants and bars and experience new things! If you are looking for a friend or if you have a spare room available for rent please message me! 

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in Geneva!!

Steph 

Stephanie HJan 21, 2016 @ 03:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1299 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Aussie moving to Geneva alone in one week! Looking for friends and a place to rent!
Post 1

Welcome to glocals and very soon to Geneva!

I suggest that you visit the Classifieds and click  “Housing available” to browse offers of accommodation and also perhaps insert your own ad. under “Housing wanted” which will attract a positive and focused response.

Also, check the “Groups” to find activities matching your own interests and also find members from down under.

You won’t be lonely for very long!

All the best, R.

Welcome to glocals and very soon to Geneva!

I suggest that you visit the Classifieds and click  “Housing available” to browse offers of accommodation and also perhaps insert your own ad. under “Housing wanted” which will attract a positive and focused response.

Also, check the “Groups” to find activities matching your own interests and also find members from down under.

You won’t be lonely for very long!

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Jan 21, 2016 @ 05:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Aussie moving to Geneva alone in one week! Looking for friends and a place to rent!
Post 2

Hi Steph,

I am also accepting an internship for 6 months, February- August! If you find a place with two rooms lets pair up, thats what I am finding, 2 rather than one for a reasonable price!

O

Hi Steph,

I am also accepting an internship for 6 months, February- August! If you find a place with two rooms lets pair up, thats what I am finding, 2 rather than one for a reasonable price!

O

Olivia N, Jan 21, 2016 @ 13:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you very much for your message and helpful information! It is greatly appreciated!

Have a lovely day :)

Steph

Thank you very much for your message and helpful information! It is greatly appreciated!

Have a lovely day :)

Steph

Stephanie H, Jan 21, 2016 @ 14:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to Geneva. For housing, in addition to checking the Glocals classifieds, you may want to check the CERN market place:

https://social.cern.ch/community/cern-market/

It is a very large community of international scientists, and the website has more ads than Glocals. But I am not sure you will be able to create an account. While they are very open, (you don't have to work at CERN) your ability to gain access will depend on where you are doing your internship. If you are unable to create an account, send me a private message, and I will be happy to post an ad there for you, stating that you are looking for a place to rent, with whatever specifications you want to include and a contact email, and I am sure you will get some responses.

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to Geneva. For housing, in addition to checking the Glocals classifieds, you may want to check the CERN market place:

https://social.cern.ch/community/cern-market/

It is a very large community of international scientists, and the website has more ads than Glocals. But I am not sure you will be able to create an account. While they are very open, (you don't have to work at CERN) your ability to gain access will depend on where you are doing your internship. If you are unable to create an account, send me a private message, and I will be happy to post an ad there for you, stating that you are looking for a place to rent, with whatever specifications you want to include and a contact email, and I am sure you will get some responses.

JR M, Jan 22, 2016 @ 03:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thank you so much, it is very kind of you! I have logged in and am currently browsing, thanks again and have a great weekend :)

Steph 

Thank you so much, it is very kind of you! I have logged in and am currently browsing, thanks again and have a great weekend :)

Steph 

Stephanie H, Jan 23, 2016 @ 00:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Steph,

Another website that might be useful for you (if you haven't already found it) is http://internsassociation.org which is the website of the Geneva Interns Association. Their website has a section on finding accommodation and a welcome pack with helpful information on moving to Geneva. I believe they also organise regular social events if you are looking to meet new people when you arrive in Geneva.

Hi Steph,

Another website that might be useful for you (if you haven't already found it) is http://internsassociation.org which is the website of the Geneva Interns Association. Their website has a section on finding accommodation and a welcome pack with helpful information on moving to Geneva. I believe they also organise regular social events if you are looking to meet new people when you arrive in Geneva.

Peggy B, Jan 23, 2016 @ 11:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Steph,

My name is Lisanne and I just arrived this week in Geneva. I am from Holland (Amsterdam) and I will be working here for half a year as part of the traineeship of my company. Its my first weekend here and also looking for some new friends in Geneva who would like to explore the city with me.. I saw your message and I thought we could maybe meet some time :)

When are you arriving in Geneva? Exciting! Just send me a message and maybe we can meet to have a drink or something and share our experiences. 

Regards,

Lisanne

Hi Steph,

My name is Lisanne and I just arrived this week in Geneva. I am from Holland (Amsterdam) and I will be working here for half a year as part of the traineeship of my company. Its my first weekend here and also looking for some new friends in Geneva who would like to explore the city with me.. I saw your message and I thought we could maybe meet some time :)

When are you arriving in Geneva? Exciting! Just send me a message and maybe we can meet to have a drink or something and share our experiences. 

Regards,

Lisanne

Lisanne Wiggers, Jan 23, 2016 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello,

Have you found a place to rent? Would you consider living in nearby France (Ferney-Voltaire)? It is very convenient if you are working on the right bank of the city (International Organizations, etc), as there are frequent and direct buses , and it is cheaper...

I have a 2/3 bedrooms appartment fully furnished and equiped in Ferney, so you could share... Have a look at the adverts, and contact me if you are interested...

Good luck anyway. 

B.T.

Hello,

Have you found a place to rent? Would you consider living in nearby France (Ferney-Voltaire)? It is very convenient if you are working on the right bank of the city (International Organizations, etc), as there are frequent and direct buses , and it is cheaper...

I have a 2/3 bedrooms appartment fully furnished and equiped in Ferney, so you could share... Have a look at the adverts, and contact me if you are interested...

Good luck anyway. 

B.T.

Betsy Tacla, Jan 25, 2016 @ 09:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

HEY im looking for  roommates to share with Saint Julien... if anyone down to do a houseshare..

HEY im looking for  roommates to share with Saint Julien... if anyone down to do a houseshare..

Julie P, Jan 28, 2016 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1299 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form