Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > CLIMBING/ Lausanne-Geneva-Fribourg

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
CLIMBING/ Lausanne-Geneva-Fribourg

looking for climbing partner(s)...People that can really make time for it! (few hours per climbing trip)

best!

The text you are quoting:

looking for climbing partner(s)...People that can really make time for it! (few hours per climbing trip)

best!

Dumas GMay 13, 2012 @ 14:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1320 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: CLIMBING/ Lausanne-Geneva-Fribourg
Post 1

Hi, I am a climber albeit am recovering from a major climbing accident a month ago, broken ribs :( But, will be back in shape for mid June. My wife and I are both climbers and are in the process of relocating to Geneva region. 

What kind of climbing are you into? Trad, Sport, Mountaineering, Via Ferrata? We are into pretty much all of these.

Hi, I am a climber albeit am recovering from a major climbing accident a month ago, broken ribs :( But, will be back in shape for mid June. My wife and I are both climbers and are in the process of relocating to Geneva region. 

What kind of climbing are you into? Trad, Sport, Mountaineering, Via Ferrata? We are into pretty much all of these.

Kaushik Chakravarti, May 14, 2012 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi,

I live in Montreux, but work in Lausanne. I have a climbing partenr, but we don't always manage to arrange to climb regularly few times a week. I can go during the week after work, but since I most likely would leave Lausanne around 6/6:30, climbing indoor (Chavornay or Sottens) is the easier option or during the week ends ideally outdoor!!.

My level is not very high, I'm fighting with 6a, but I'm really keen on pushing it and happy to climb with any level ( I'm also a safe belayer...!!))

Let me know..

Giada

Hi,

I live in Montreux, but work in Lausanne. I have a climbing partenr, but we don't always manage to arrange to climb regularly few times a week. I can go during the week after work, but since I most likely would leave Lausanne around 6/6:30, climbing indoor (Chavornay or Sottens) is the easier option or during the week ends ideally outdoor!!.

My level is not very high, I'm fighting with 6a, but I'm really keen on pushing it and happy to climb with any level ( I'm also a safe belayer...!!))

Let me know..

Giada

Giada Pilo, May 18, 2012 @ 23:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'm thinking about climbing at Gecko on Sat afternoon around 16h..  They are open until 1930h.

I'm not going to commit quite yet, but I have this idea of going.  =)

I'm thinking about climbing at Gecko on Sat afternoon around 16h..  They are open until 1930h.

I'm not going to commit quite yet, but I have this idea of going.  =)

richardm, May 19, 2012 @ 00:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Can someone please tell me where Gecko is? I've tried to Google it w/o success.

In Geneva we usually go to Vitam Parc or Que d'Arve. Choice of indoor climbing walls is quite limited, so it would be nice to know of another one.

Can someone please tell me where Gecko is? I've tried to Google it w/o success.

In Geneva we usually go to Vitam Parc or Que d'Arve. Choice of indoor climbing walls is quite limited, so it would be nice to know of another one.

Mike H, May 19, 2012 @ 08:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Mike, Gecko is in Sottens (rue Derrey la Vellaz 3)slightly in the middle of nowhere...

Ok Richard, thanks. I'm off to Berne today, but let me know anyway... I might stop on my way back.

Mike, Gecko is in Sottens (rue Derrey la Vellaz 3)slightly in the middle of nowhere...

Ok Richard, thanks. I'm off to Berne today, but let me know anyway... I might stop on my way back.

Giada Pilo, May 19, 2012 @ 08:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Gecko is almost impossible for me to reach from Lausanne....without a car!

Gecko is almost impossible for me to reach from Lausanne....without a car!

Dumas G, May 19, 2012 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

True.  Chavronay is much better for transit.  The gym is only 200-300m from the train station.

True.  Chavronay is much better for transit.  The gym is only 200-300m from the train station.

richardm, May 19, 2012 @ 13:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
More climbing gear recalled for safety reasons

BERN, SWITZERLAND – Just days after Via Ferrata climbing gear was recalled by UK manufacturer Wild Country, the German firm Edelrid is recalling several of its products as a precaution, and telling climbers not to use these Via Ferrara sets because the elastic no longer meets safety standards and may not hold after intensive use:

Manufactured in 2010, 2011 and 2012, all Via Ferrata sets of types Cable Lite, Cable Comfort, Brenta Comfort, Cable Lite 2.0 Cable Comfort 2.0, Cable Kit 4.0 and Cable Kit Xtra-Light Schuster as a precautionary measure from the market.

Details in English, Edelrid site, including a list of products not affected by the recall

More climbing gear recalled for safety reasons

BERN, SWITZERLAND – Just days after Via Ferrata climbing gear was recalled by UK manufacturer Wild Country, the German firm Edelrid is recalling several of its products as a precaution, and telling climbers not to use these Via Ferrara sets because the elastic no longer meets safety standards and may not hold after intensive use:

Manufactured in 2010, 2011 and 2012, all Via Ferrata sets of types Cable Lite, Cable Comfort, Brenta Comfort, Cable Lite 2.0 Cable Comfort 2.0, Cable Kit 4.0 and Cable Kit Xtra-Light Schuster as a precautionary measure from the market.

Details in English, Edelrid site, including a list of products not affected by the recall

epicure, Sep 26, 2012 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hello, 

I'm looking for a climbing partner in Fribourg. To climb in the gym after work.. as many times per week as possible :D

My only requirement: responsible, attentive belayer

Hello, 

I'm looking for a climbing partner in Fribourg. To climb in the gym after work.. as many times per week as possible :D

My only requirement: responsible, attentive belayer

Indre Kutkaite, Feb 18, 2015 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1320 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form