Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Cali Boy interning in Geneva for the Summer

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cali Boy interning in Geneva for the Summer

Dear Glocals,

I hope you've been getting enough sleep!

My name is Kush. Born in India, raised in sunny California, spent some time in Boston and I'm currently a Michigander. I'm in town spending my summer as an intern between year 1 and 2 of my Masters (Public Health).

I'm gregarious by nature, but I find myself bored to tears as it's my first time in the new city and there are so many unfamiliar faces! (Not to mention my ability to speak french is only nascent) Were this the U.S., I'd probably take a few social risks, but I don't want to offend anyone so feel free to hit me up and drop some knowledge about customs, culture, status quo, etc.

A bit about me: I'm a veggie, I'm into school/academics, I tend to like music of most genres, I like the outdoors, and I also really like saving money (or not spending it -- either way =P).

Cheers and thanks for reading!

Kush

The text you are quoting:

Dear Glocals,

I hope you've been getting enough sleep!

My name is Kush. Born in India, raised in sunny California, spent some time in Boston and I'm currently a Michigander. I'm in town spending my summer as an intern between year 1 and 2 of my Masters (Public Health).

I'm gregarious by nature, but I find myself bored to tears as it's my first time in the new city and there are so many unfamiliar faces! (Not to mention my ability to speak french is only nascent) Were this the U.S., I'd probably take a few social risks, but I don't want to offend anyone so feel free to hit me up and drop some knowledge about customs, culture, status quo, etc.

A bit about me: I'm a veggie, I'm into school/academics, I tend to like music of most genres, I like the outdoors, and I also really like saving money (or not spending it -- either way =P).

Cheers and thanks for reading!

Kush

Kush SMay 16, 2010 @ 00:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 535 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Cali Boy interning in Geneva for the Summer
Post 1

Hi Kush,

Saw your note. I'm also new here and in much the same boat. I lived in California(Palo Alto) for 11 years before I came here. My wife got the job offer of a lifetime here and to this point I'm a trailing spouse but working on my MBA while I job hunt.

Cheers,

Paul

The text you are quoting:

Hi Kush,

Saw your note. I'm also new here and in much the same boat. I lived in California(Palo Alto) for 11 years before I came here. My wife got the job offer of a lifetime here and to this point I'm a trailing spouse but working on my MBA while I job hunt.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Mastromatteo, May 16, 2010 @ 08:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 535 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form