Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Dance Group - come, join and dance!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Dance Group - come, join and dance!
Hi All!

I have actually just moved to Geneva for work and just joined this web site.

Dancing is my passion, I have been dancing since I was a child and love Modern-Jazz, Salsa/Bachata, Ballet, Contemporary, Hip-Hop. I did dance shows, one musical production, regular teaching and stages when I was in Italy, then I moved to London for two years for work where I did mainly salsa.

Now that I am here in Geneva I am looking to put together a small dance group to start training together on a regular basis and do shows around.

If you:

- love dancing and are at an intermediate/advanced level

- want to do shows

- want a flexible and friendly environment that allows you to match both your work/study committment and your passion for dancing

... then just email me and let's make it happen together and have fun!

This is open to both male/female dancers (age 20-35).

I speak Italian, English, Spanish and about to start French classes so language shouldn't be a problem!

I'm looking forward to hering from you! ;)

Mary

The text you are quoting:
Hi All!

Dancing is my passion, I have been dancing since I was a child and love Modern-Jazz, Salsa/Bachata, Ballet, Contemporary, Hip-Hop. I did dance shows, one musical production, regular teaching and stages when I was in Italy, then I moved to London for two years for work where I did mainly salsa.

Now that I am here in Geneva I am looking to put together a small dance group to start training together on a regular basis and do shows around.

If you:

- want to do shows

- want a flexible and friendly environment that allows you to match both your work/study committment and your passion for dancing

I speak Italian, English, Spanish and about to start French classes so language shouldn't be a problem!

Mary
MaryMaryOct 5, 2008 @ 18:56

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

24 Replies | 1675 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Dance Group - come, join and dance!
Post 1

ciao Mary!

welcome!

dancing is my passion as well - although i have not been so lucky to have the time to practice my passion as much as i would like.

i would very much be interested in this dance group and getting more details (place, time etc). my level is not advanced but am a fast learner!

looking forward to hearing from you and hope the timing works out!

take care!

a.

ciao Mary!

welcome!

dancing is my passion as well - although i have not been so lucky to have the time to practice my passion as much as i would like.

i would very much be interested in this dance group and getting more details (place, time etc). my level is not advanced but am a fast learner!

looking forward to hearing from you and hope the timing works out!

take care!

a.
arj799, Oct 5, 2008 @ 20:39

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi there, good to hear from you!

I didn't have time to do lots of dancing recently when I was in the UK so I know what you mean and I hope this is the right time to get back and restart dancing again for you as well!

I am very determined and as soon as I will get response from a group of 5-6 people we will get organized. The idea is to meet at least 1-2 times/week to start. As you might know I have been in Geneva for only one week now and, although I have already started doing classes, I do not know all the schools/studios available well enough to give you exact details. I already have couple of places in mind where we could do first classes/meetings.

We are in 3 people so far and I hope that there are some more dancers out there who want to give it a go!

=> This is open to everyone who loves dancing and have some experience.

=> You can come and see and then decide to join, no commitment until we get organized and all set up.

=> I encourage all the dancers around who want to do shows to come forward and drop me a line!

=> Some good salsa/bachata dancing will be incorporated as well so Female/Male dancers, everyone is welcome!

Bear with me a few more days and I will let you know more!

Thanks,

Mary

Hi there, good to hear from you!

I didn't have time to do lots of dancing recently when I was in the UK so I know what you mean and I hope this is the right time to get back and restart dancing again for you as well!

I am very determined and as soon as I will get response from a group of 5-6 people we will get organized. The idea is to meet at least 1-2 times/week to start. As you might know I have been in Geneva for only one week now and, although I have already started doing classes, I do not know all the schools/studios available well enough to give you exact details. I already have couple of places in mind where we could do first classes/meetings.

We are in 3 people so far and I hope that there are some more dancers out there who want to give it a go!

=> This is open to everyone who loves dancing and have some experience.

=> You can come and see and then decide to join, no commitment until we get organized and all set up.

=> I encourage all the dancers around who want to do shows to come forward and drop me a line!

=> Some good salsa/bachata dancing will be incorporated as well so Female/Male dancers, everyone is welcome!

Bear with me a few more days and I will let you know more!

Thanks,

Mary
MaryMary, Oct 6, 2008 @ 02:14

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi Mary,

If you want to meet some good dancers come to Le Tony 06-12-2008. You can find the address under the events button. The best dancers of Geneva will be there.

Greetings,

Zoukie
Hi Mary,

If you want to meet some good dancers come to Le Tony 06-12-2008. You can find the address under the events button. The best dancers of Geneva will be there.

Greetings,

Zoukie
zoukie, Dec 3, 2008 @ 22:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hi All!

If you:

- want to do shows

Mary
Oct 5, 08 18:56

Hi Mary,

I have just been searching through the glocals forum about dance groups and I saw your post from 2008.

Dancing is my passion (but not my day-to-day job). Is your dance group still in going and if so, would it be possible to come and watch your training one evening?

Thanks,
Whio 

Hi Mary,

I have just been searching through the glocals forum about dance groups and I saw your post from 2008.

Dancing is my passion (but not my day-to-day job). Is your dance group still in going and if so, would it be possible to come and watch your training one evening?

Thanks,
Whio 

Whio, Nov 13, 2011 @ 22:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello Mary ,

I am also very passionate in dancing .I teach oriental dancing and dance other styles too.I also helped in many dance productions when I was in School.I am interested to join the group :)

Hello Mary ,

I am also very passionate in dancing .I teach oriental dancing and dance other styles too.I also helped in many dance productions when I was in School.I am interested to join the group :)

Fifi Sugar, Nov 14, 2011 @ 00:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hmm, so is it open to "everyone who loves dancing" or just to those "(age 20-35)" ?

Hmm, so is it open to "everyone who loves dancing" or just to those "(age 20-35)" ?

kutyafal, Nov 14, 2011 @ 01:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Mary!

I am really interested as well. Could you keep me in the loop?

Thanks

Cynthia

Hi Mary!

I am really interested as well. Could you keep me in the loop?

Thanks

Cynthia

Cynthia K, Nov 14, 2011 @ 17:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

hey Mary!

please keep in the loop too, i've been looking to join a dance group or school in GVA, it would be a great idea to get everyone together,

regards

-Rouge

hey Mary!

please keep in the loop too, i've been looking to join a dance group or school in GVA, it would be a great idea to get everyone together,

regards

-Rouge

rouge a, Nov 14, 2011 @ 18:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

hii im also interested:)

i love danciiing im latiinnaa hahaha im from mexico 

hii im also interested:)

i love danciiing im latiinnaa hahaha im from mexico 

carolina d, Nov 14, 2011 @ 18:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi all!

As the original message is 3 years old, there are big chances that the opportunity to join Mary's group has passed. If its the case, would you be interested in starting another dance group? 

Keep me posted! :) 

Cynthia

Hi all!

As the original message is 3 years old, there are big chances that the opportunity to join Mary's group has passed. If its the case, would you be interested in starting another dance group? 

Keep me posted! :) 

Cynthia

Cynthia K, Nov 14, 2011 @ 19:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi, I am a filmmaker here to shoot my latest. Not that every dancer is an actor but a lot share the same passion, I am looking for anyone interested in acting/editing etc in films. As of now I am auditioning in London but finding someone local is the ideal scenario for me. Please message me for details. Thanks

Hi, I am a filmmaker here to shoot my latest. Not that every dancer is an actor but a lot share the same passion, I am looking for anyone interested in acting/editing etc in films. As of now I am auditioning in London but finding someone local is the ideal scenario for me. Please message me for details. Thanks

Ricky Peters, Nov 14, 2011 @ 19:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I agree with Cynthia, the original post is too old now, lets start our own dance group, with everyone's diverse dance backgrounds we will be able to bring a good mix of dances. 

I agree with Cynthia, the original post is too old now, lets start our own dance group, with everyone's diverse dance backgrounds we will be able to bring a good mix of dances. 

rouge a, Nov 15, 2011 @ 00:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Nov 14, 11 01:17

tried to press on 'thank poster' but it doesn't work!!  So hence, my message to you, 'thanks poster'!! ;-))

tried to press on 'thank poster' but it doesn't work!!  So hence, my message to you, 'thanks poster'!! ;-))

SiobhanC, Nov 15, 2011 @ 09:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Am ex-dancer....keep my posted, would be interested in new dance group...

:-)

Am ex-dancer....keep my posted, would be interested in new dance group...

:-)

SiobhanC, Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Sounds good.

Ive created a group and will send you the link once its been approved!

We could start from there then :)

Sounds good.

Ive created a group and will send you the link once its been approved!

We could start from there then :)

Cynthia K, Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hello My name is Jules...I have a dance school, Ledge Dance School and you can chekc our website www.ledge.ch  We perfom and do dance battles.Our class are given at Holmes Place, 50 rue du Rhône.  We invite anyone interested in urban and Hip Hop dance to come and check us up.

Cheers,

Jules

Hello My name is Jules...I have a dance school, Ledge Dance School and you can chekc our website www.ledge.ch  We perfom and do dance battles.Our class are given at Holmes Place, 50 rue du Rhône.  We invite anyone interested in urban and Hip Hop dance to come and check us up.

Cheers,

Jules

Jules S, Nov 15, 2011 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

hey, I would be interested in checking the dance school. Do you offer classes as well?

hey, I would be interested in checking the dance school. Do you offer classes as well?

rouge a, Nov 15, 2011 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

hey all! thanks a lot for this amazing response (even though I shouldn't be taking credit for it :P) this is so great, we all share the same passion and we can bring in a variety of dances. Now I think the next step should be to structure ourselves into a proper group and meet up on regular basis to retain our interest!

Cynthia, excellent initiative on the group request!! :D

What do you all say we set up a day to meet and mingle and maybe dance? lol

hey all! thanks a lot for this amazing response (even though I shouldn't be taking credit for it :P) this is so great, we all share the same passion and we can bring in a variety of dances. Now I think the next step should be to structure ourselves into a proper group and meet up on regular basis to retain our interest!

Cynthia, excellent initiative on the group request!! :D

What do you all say we set up a day to meet and mingle and maybe dance? lol

rouge a, Nov 15, 2011 @ 12:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

I LOVE dancing!!!! please keep me informed as well. Thanks!

I LOVE dancing!!!! please keep me informed as well. Thanks!

anahit, Nov 15, 2011 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hi all! 

Here's the group! 

http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-dance-group.htm

Now, let's plan a get together :) xx

Hi all! 

Here's the group! 

http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-dance-group.htm

Now, let's plan a get together :) xx

Cynthia K, Nov 15, 2011 @ 18:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hello,

We offer classes...You can check on the website www.ledge.ch at section horiares and it 's in french. The first class is free.We give classes at  Holmes Place 50 rue du Rhone...

Here is my number if  you have further questions 079.9561341.

On the 27 November 2011 at Théatre du Grutli, 16 Général Dufour, at the 2 floor from 12:00: 22h00, we are going to present the Dance School. All classes are  free and you can come a try the classes...It's a Portes Ouvertes...

cheers,

Jules

Hello,

We offer classes...You can check on the website www.ledge.ch at section horiares and it 's in french. The first class is free.We give classes at  Holmes Place 50 rue du Rhone...

On the 27 November 2011 at Théatre du Grutli, 16 Général Dufour, at the 2 floor from 12:00: 22h00, we are going to present the Dance School. All classes are  free and you can come a try the classes...It's a Portes Ouvertes...

cheers,

Jules

Jules S, Nov 18, 2011 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Hello,

cheers,

Jules

Hello,

cheers,

Jules

Jules S, Nov 18, 2011 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Dear Mary,

write me or your dance group still exsists and is it possible to join it? I am interested in dancehall, reggaeton and latino and I would like to improve my dance skills in dance group that trains regular.

Regards,

Monika

Dear Mary,

write me or your dance group still exsists and is it possible to join it? I am interested in dancehall, reggaeton and latino and I would like to improve my dance skills in dance group that trains regular.

Regards,

Monika

Monika B, May 5, 2015 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24
Hi All!

If you:

- want to do shows

Mary
Oct 5, 08 18:56

Dear Mary,

Regards,

Monika

Dear Mary,

Regards,

Monika

Monika B, May 5, 2015 @ 17:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
24 Replies | 1675 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form