Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Future graduate student getting a headstart on housing

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Future graduate student getting a headstart on housing

Hello,

I am a Canadian woman, moving to Geneva in August for a period of 2 years to do a PhD at HEI. I'm relocating with my husband, who is a freelance writer and will need an office in the house, so ideally trying to find a 4 room furnished flat somewhere in the Geneva region from August 2018 onwards. I wanted to see if anyone could help guide me on a few things.

Is it at all possible to find something like that for around 2000CHF/month or less? Is it preferable in that price range to look on the French side of the border? I have dual citizenship with the UK, and can legally live in France until Brexit ruins everything Frown

Are there affordable office spaces for freelancers, i.e. would it be more cost effective to get a smaller flat and separate office space for him to work from?

Many thanks!

Eliza

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I am a Canadian woman, moving to Geneva in August for a period of 2 years to do a PhD at HEI. I'm relocating with my husband, who is a freelance writer and will need an office in the house, so ideally trying to find a 4 room furnished flat somewhere in the Geneva region from August 2018 onwards. I wanted to see if anyone could help guide me on a few things.

Is it at all possible to find something like that for around 2000CHF/month or less? Is it preferable in that price range to look on the French side of the border? I have dual citizenship with the UK, and can legally live in France until Brexit ruins everything Frown

Are there affordable office spaces for freelancers, i.e. would it be more cost effective to get a smaller flat and separate office space for him to work from?

Many thanks!

Eliza

Eliza UrwinJan 31, 2018 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 745 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Future graduate student getting a headstart on housing
Post 1

Sorry but this would be a classic case of "think of a number and double it"

You best bet would be to look in France as one can pay up to this amount for 1/2 bed apartment. Try looking under "Leboncoin" scroll across to Rhone Alps region, scroll down to Locations and start looking. If you need help, you can private email us = we live in France in this region.

The text you are quoting:

Sorry but this would be a classic case of "think of a number and double it"

You best bet would be to look in France as one can pay up to this amount for 1/2 bed apartment. Try looking under "Leboncoin" scroll across to Rhone Alps region, scroll down to Locations and start looking. If you need help, you can private email us = we live in France in this region.

sheila c, Jan 31, 2018 @ 12:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 745 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form