Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello Geneva / Hiking / Shared Flat

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello Geneva / Hiking / Shared Flat
Hello out there!

my name is Timo. I will be a weatherman at the WMO starting from mid October on and I'm thus moving to Geneva. I don't know many people yet, but I love hiking in the mountains. I'm originally from Munich in Germany and have been going to the mountains for a long time. It would be nice to organize a trip at some point, though its late season already.

However, before getting on the boots I have to actually move to Geneva and find a place to store them, so I was wondering if some of you guys have a room to rent out in a shared flat or know somebody who does?
I'm 28 years old, like sharing flats not only because of the cost but because its nice to be living with people. My hobbies are reading newspapers and books and travelling to exotic places and I enjoy very much exchanging ideas with people of different backgrounds. Reckoning that a photo tells more than thousand words you can check out my flickr page.  Sportswise I love playing Volleyball.
I'll be moving to Geneva anytime between the third week of September - first week of October and would be interested in both a short or a long term solution somwhere in the center.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Timo
The text you are quoting:
Hello out there!

my name is Timo. I will be a weatherman at the WMO starting from mid October on and I'm thus moving to Geneva. I don't know many people yet, but I love hiking in the mountains. I'm originally from Munich in Germany and have been going to the mountains for a long time. It would be nice to organize a trip at some point, though its late season already.

However, before getting on the boots I have to actually move to Geneva and find a place to store them, so I was wondering if some of you guys have a room to rent out in a shared flat or know somebody who does?
I'm 28 years old, like sharing flats not only because of the cost but because its nice to be living with people. My hobbies are reading newspapers and books and travelling to exotic places and I enjoy very much exchanging ideas with people of different backgrounds. Reckoning that a photo tells more than thousand words you can check out my flickr page.  Sportswise I love playing Volleyball.
I'll be moving to Geneva anytime between the third week of September - first week of October and would be interested in both a short or a long term solution somwhere in the center.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Timo

Timo ProescholdtSep 9, 2009 @ 10:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1217 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Hello Geneva / Hiking / Shared Flat
Post 1

Hi Timo,

I have just arrived in Geneva (2 weeks ago). I was adviced to register and visit this website and I just read your post from Sept 2009.

I recognize myself pretty much in the description you made of yourself (little stressed by the need to find a flat and preferably by choice a shared flat, want to go and hike into the crazy montains around Geneva (thought about buying a race bicycle to get there), like to socialize with people with different backgrounds and all these shit).

I just after reading your post how it's been since your arrival in last October? You found a flat? Met some people? By now; what's your global opinion about your experience in Geneva?

Looking forward to reading you,

Romain

The text you are quoting:

Hi Timo,

I have just arrived in Geneva (2 weeks ago). I was adviced to register and visit this website and I just read your post from Sept 2009.

I recognize myself pretty much in the description you made of yourself (little stressed by the need to find a flat and preferably by choice a shared flat, want to go and hike into the crazy montains around Geneva (thought about buying a race bicycle to get there), like to socialize with people with different backgrounds and all these shit).

I just after reading your post how it's been since your arrival in last October? You found a flat? Met some people? By now; what's your global opinion about your experience in Geneva?

Looking forward to reading you,

Romain

Romain O, Jul 11, 2010 @ 14:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1217 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form