Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello everyone! there are things i want to check out!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello everyone! there are things i want to check out!

Hello!!!Smile I am new in glocals - I find the idea of it totally great - specially here in Switzerland where nobody is ever interested to get together. I know. Now I am almost 4 years here, but never have been to a party, which was a PARTY and not just EATING. I find some things to do - languages learning, dancing, but I want more! I miss a feeling to come to a party without thinking: i have to eat all this quickly and go.

I live in a quiet Solothurn besides :)

I would like to discuss music, moovies, books etc. Do you guys discuss it right here or alive - and when? and where?

I want simple meetings, I like SPONTANEOUS things, not that: "...you bring salad and we don't have to forget about dessert...".

You know what I mean?

Several questions:

1 Are there any people from Solothurn region?

2 Is anyone dancing salsa??

3 Is anyone interested in samba and/or brasilian music?

4 Does anyone like DRS3? What other radiostations do you listen and why?

5 Why don't you people offer each other things about job or business - like I can offer Helsana insurance with a discount - can i write separately about, is it allowed? Other idea is for instance, like for example: "I want company "ABCD" as a client - who have connections?" etc, etc.

6 Who goes to this "Saturday: glocals Spring party" event with a car from Bern or suburb? Are there any reviews about last year similar event here on glocals? Was it good? I know there are fotos there on that link, but well..., was it good? worth to come from Solothurn?

7 Are there any coming events to do with walking or swimming planned?

8 Are all the cities' communities acting separate? are there regular events?

I know I ask too many questions...SORRY. I do not even guarantee I will not ask more... I find it great when anyone replies regarding just one of it!

Thank you in advance to anyone who writes me!

The text you are quoting:

Hello!!!Smile I am new in glocals - I find the idea of it totally great - specially here in Switzerland where nobody is ever interested to get together. I know. Now I am almost 4 years here, but never have been to a party, which was a PARTY and not just EATING. I find some things to do - languages learning, dancing, but I want more! I miss a feeling to come to a party without thinking: i have to eat all this quickly and go.

I live in a quiet Solothurn besides :)

I would like to discuss music, moovies, books etc. Do you guys discuss it right here or alive - and when? and where?

I want simple meetings, I like SPONTANEOUS things, not that: "...you bring salad and we don't have to forget about dessert...".

You know what I mean?

Several questions:

5 Why don't you people offer each other things about job or business - like I can offer Helsana insurance with a discount - can i write separately about, is it allowed? Other idea is for instance, like for example: "I want company "ABCD" as a client - who have connections?" etc, etc.

6 Who goes to this "Saturday: glocals Spring party" event with a car from Bern or suburb? Are there any reviews about last year similar event here on glocals? Was it good? I know there are fotos there on that link, but well..., was it good? worth to come from Solothurn?

8 Are all the cities' communities acting separate? are there regular events?

I know I ask too many questions...SORRY. I do not even guarantee I will not ask more... I find it great when anyone replies regarding just one of it!

Thank you in advance to anyone who writes me!

Katerina GApr 14, 2011 @ 21:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1020 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello everyone! there are things i want to check out!
Post 1

Hi Katerina & welcome to glocals.

You do ask alot of questions, so I'll answer the easy one.

There are a ton of salsa lovers and salsa activities on glocals.  Just check the Things to Do section and the Groups section.

Have a great night

Oded

Hi Katerina & welcome to glocals.

You do ask alot of questions, so I'll answer the easy one.

There are a ton of salsa lovers and salsa activities on glocals.  Just check the Things to Do section and the Groups section.

Have a great night

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Apr 14, 2011 @ 23:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

not sure about the whole Solothurn thing, but in many cases, the fastest way to do some of those things is to post something yourself. Also, tell everyone you know about glocals. ;) organize events / activities.

Nir, Oded: when are you gonna make glocals t-shirts? ;) cheap advertising, eh?

not sure about the whole Solothurn thing, but in many cases, the fastest way to do some of those things is to post something yourself. Also, tell everyone you know about glocals. ;) organize events / activities.

Nir, Oded: when are you gonna make glocals t-shirts? ;) cheap advertising, eh?

Zonker, Apr 14, 2011 @ 23:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you Oded! I found it. Didn't get it all about how things work here yet, I suspect there are more things to discover

Thank you Oded! I found it. Didn't get it all about how things work here yet, I suspect there are more things to discover

Katerina G, Apr 15, 2011 @ 16:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

look at members tab: search with keyword solothurn gives 6 hits ... but even you are not part of them, then I guess that many Solothurner-s register in Bern ...

we have at least two groups in Zurich (one is the broad "Latin Culture ..." the other is the "ZH salsa group", which by the way I founded ;-)); I know about another couple of groups in Geneva, but I see unfortunately there isn't any in Bern :-/ ... if you want to join the Zurich activities you are for sure welcome !

for sure in the "Latin Culture ... group" in Zurich you find a lot of people intersted in this

this is most probably a nice topic for a serparate Forum post

5 Why don't you people offer each other things about job or business ...

look at the tab "Classifieds", and if your question/offer doesn't fit anywhere, maybe you can post in the forums

6 Who goes to this "Saturday: glocals Spring party" event with a car from Bern

I'd post this question and the related ones in the comments section of that activity ...

just dig in the "groups" and/or activities, ther are tons of events, hiking is for sure one of the most popular spring/summer activities

8 Are all the cities' communities acting separate? are there regular events

I'd say most of the events are "city-based", but it can happen that for some events people moves from one city to another, for example we had a big bunch of people from Geneva/Lausanne coming here to Zurich for the past salsafestival in February

Ciaociao ! :-)

Fabrizio

PS: just let me give you an advice, instead of posting one big "omnibus" question next time post few (or many) little focused questions ... that would make everything easier ! ;-)

look at members tab: search with keyword solothurn gives 6 hits ... but even you are not part of them, then I guess that many Solothurner-s register in Bern ...

we have at least two groups in Zurich (one is the broad "Latin Culture ..." the other is the "ZH salsa group", which by the way I founded ;-)); I know about another couple of groups in Geneva, but I see unfortunately there isn't any in Bern :-/ ... if you want to join the Zurich activities you are for sure welcome !

for sure in the "Latin Culture ... group" in Zurich you find a lot of people intersted in this

this is most probably a nice topic for a serparate Forum post

5 Why don't you people offer each other things about job or business ...

look at the tab "Classifieds", and if your question/offer doesn't fit anywhere, maybe you can post in the forums

6 Who goes to this "Saturday: glocals Spring party" event with a car from Bern

I'd post this question and the related ones in the comments section of that activity ...

just dig in the "groups" and/or activities, ther are tons of events, hiking is for sure one of the most popular spring/summer activities

8 Are all the cities' communities acting separate? are there regular events

I'd say most of the events are "city-based", but it can happen that for some events people moves from one city to another, for example we had a big bunch of people from Geneva/Lausanne coming here to Zurich for the past salsafestival in February

Ciaociao ! :-)

Fabrizio

PS: just let me give you an advice, instead of posting one big "omnibus" question next time post few (or many) little focused questions ... that would make everything easier ! ;-)

Fabrizio C, Apr 15, 2011 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi!

I can't really answer any of your questions since I'm new too and Fabrizio looks like he covered it all.

But I do want to agree with you, finding good parties where people don't spend their evening eating is hard. I don't know the area where you're at but it is close to France so here is an advice: Don't go party there it's even worst :D Never ending dinner parties with stupid drinking games that don't even get u drunk cause you ate too much ! Trust me I'm french :p

If I hear about anything good in Switzerland I'll let u know :)

Hi!

I can't really answer any of your questions since I'm new too and Fabrizio looks like he covered it all.

But I do want to agree with you, finding good parties where people don't spend their evening eating is hard. I don't know the area where you're at but it is close to France so here is an advice: Don't go party there it's even worst :D Never ending dinner parties with stupid drinking games that don't even get u drunk cause you ate too much ! Trust me I'm french :p

If I hear about anything good in Switzerland I'll let u know :)

isabelle f, Apr 15, 2011 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

The Sindy parties (in Geneva) are huge... and most are "just drinks" - (No food Isabelle ;-) )

There are also regular drinks that happen in most cities where you meet other people in a relaxed atmosphere....

As with everything, once you find a nice group of friends then the parties are better, and its easier to organise great nights out.

The Sindy parties (in Geneva) are huge... and most are "just drinks" - (No food Isabelle ;-) )

There are also regular drinks that happen in most cities where you meet other people in a relaxed atmosphere....

As with everything, once you find a nice group of friends then the parties are better, and its easier to organise great nights out.

Charlie, Apr 16, 2011 @ 11:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Katerina

Just read thriug your thread Im new to Geneva and he with a few other guys also looking for that sort of social scene if you do hear of anything happenning in Geneva please share and I will do the same

Katerina

Just read thriug your thread Im new to Geneva and he with a few other guys also looking for that sort of social scene if you do hear of anything happenning in Geneva please share and I will do the same

Christopher Page, Apr 19, 2011 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

@christopher katerina is not actually in geneva. she was here for the Spring Party, but is based in Bern / Solothurn. But, there are plenty of people here. Have you been to La Terrasse? Frequent meeting place for glocals members.

@christopher katerina is not actually in geneva. she was here for the Spring Party, but is based in Bern / Solothurn. But, there are plenty of people here. Have you been to La Terrasse? Frequent meeting place for glocals members.

Zonker, Apr 19, 2011 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Cheers will take a look at it.

Thanks for the info

Cheers will take a look at it.

Thanks for the info

Christopher Page, Apr 20, 2011 @ 08:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hello Charlie! Hello Cris! Hey - miss 2 days and someone is already replying instead of you on your own introduction forum! Thank you for your info Zonker, still when people write to me, I would like to answer them myself. I am not from Geneva, but you have probably seen it on my profile already. It does not mean I do not like to meet people from Geneva or anywhere else. We (me and my husband) were at this Spring party taking place in Geneva. Charlie - you are absolutely right - it is really better to find first people to talk to and them meet them at the party. The party was well-organized, actually were a lot of students and many people under 30. It is surely good, but mainly what they all were doing was: http://www.hoopsandyoyo.co.uk/pages/ecards.php?code=8&action=view&history=search

There were no possibility to dance salsa - there were no salseros there (maybe we just didn't see any) and no possibility to dance samba - no space.

We still found nice people to talk to.

We have also received an invitation to go to another party - called "On the Rocks" - also in Geneva. - Chris - maybe that could interest you too?

Hello Charlie! Hello Cris! Hey - miss 2 days and someone is already replying instead of you on your own introduction forum! Thank you for your info Zonker, still when people write to me, I would like to answer them myself. I am not from Geneva, but you have probably seen it on my profile already. It does not mean I do not like to meet people from Geneva or anywhere else. We (me and my husband) were at this Spring party taking place in Geneva. Charlie - you are absolutely right - it is really better to find first people to talk to and them meet them at the party. The party was well-organized, actually were a lot of students and many people under 30. It is surely good, but mainly what they all were doing was: http://www.hoopsandyoyo.co.uk/pages/ecards.php?code=8&action=view&history=search

There were no possibility to dance salsa - there were no salseros there (maybe we just didn't see any) and no possibility to dance samba - no space.

We still found nice people to talk to.

We have also received an invitation to go to another party - called "On the Rocks" - also in Geneva. - Chris - maybe that could interest you too?

Katerina G, Apr 20, 2011 @ 09:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Katerina

Thank you for the info will take a look at the on the rocks party.

Thanks again

Katerina

Thank you for the info will take a look at the on the rocks party.

Thanks again

Christopher Page, Apr 20, 2011 @ 10:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1020 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form