Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello everyone

Greetings to all,

I will be moving to geneva by the end of this month and while I am used to moving countries every few years, adapting to a new city remains difficult and challenging for me after 15 years on the move. 

I have never lived in Geneva before and hence will appeciate getting any tips on where to go and what to do! Where can we have beginner yoga classes or if there are open air group activties.

I am a Brazilian national and if you know of any shops that sell our comfort food or products (pao de queijo, coxinhas, pastel, Brigadeiro...) please do send me a sign! 

Cheers,

K

The text you are quoting:

Greetings to all,

I will be moving to geneva by the end of this month and while I am used to moving countries every few years, adapting to a new city remains difficult and challenging for me after 15 years on the move. 

I have never lived in Geneva before and hence will appeciate getting any tips on where to go and what to do! Where can we have beginner yoga classes or if there are open air group activties.

I am a Brazilian national and if you know of any shops that sell our comfort food or products (pao de queijo, coxinhas, pastel, Brigadeiro...) please do send me a sign! 

Cheers,

K

Karmen SJul 19, 2017 @ 11:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1048 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello everyone
Post 1

Welcome to Geneva!

It is a great time to arrive as there are many events going on during the summer.

I would recommend looking at the events section on this website and there are also others such as Meetup.com and Internations that organise regular activities and events. I know for sure that there is a yoga group on Internations that meets regularly and I imagine there are many more to be found.

Good luck :-)

Welcome to Geneva!

It is a great time to arrive as there are many events going on during the summer.

I would recommend looking at the events section on this website and there are also others such as Meetup.com and Internations that organise regular activities and events. I know for sure that there is a yoga group on Internations that meets regularly and I imagine there are many more to be found.

Good luck :-)

Minesh C, Jul 21, 2017 @ 11:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks a lot Minesh. I am looking forward and am sure things will fall into place once there.

best regards,

Thanks a lot Minesh. I am looking forward and am sure things will fall into place once there.

best regards,

Karmen S, Jul 21, 2017 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Karmen,

I organise coffeee mornings for new expat women like you so if you fancy a chat over coffee do let me know. More on www.expatladies.us .  

Welcome to Geneva!

Patsy

Hi Karmen,

I organise coffeee mornings for new expat women like you so if you fancy a chat over coffee do let me know. More on www.expatladies.us .  

Welcome to Geneva!

Patsy

Patsy I, Aug 3, 2017 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

This would be really nice Pasty. I will be travelling next weekend but maybe the following week if your agenda permits?

Cheers

karmen 

This would be really nice Pasty. I will be travelling next weekend but maybe the following week if your agenda permits?

Cheers

karmen 

Karmen S, Aug 6, 2017 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1048 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form