Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello from Australia! Moving to Lausanne and need an apartment and friends :)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello from Australia! Moving to Lausanne and need an apartment and friends :)

Hi all

I'm moving to Lausanne to do an internship at a sports law firm and I know no one! I am also finding it impossible to find an apartment!

If anyone has some tips for a lost newcomer I would welcome them :)

The text you are quoting:

Hi all

I'm moving to Lausanne to do an internship at a sports law firm and I know no one! I am also finding it impossible to find an apartment!

If anyone has some tips for a lost newcomer I would welcome them :)

Brie QuinnJul 20, 2011 @ 19:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 992 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello from Australia! Moving to Lausanne and need an apartment and friends :)
Post 1

Hi ! From when do you need the appartement ? I might have something for you.

Hi ! From when do you need the appartement ? I might have something for you.

mourdia, Jul 20, 2011 @ 21:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Hello from Australia! Moving to Lausanne and need an apartment and friends :)
Post 2

Hi!

Thanks for your response! I will be in Lausanne from next Monday until the end of December so any time soon until then!

Hi!

Thanks for your response! I will be in Lausanne from next Monday until the end of December so any time soon until then!

Brie Quinn, Jul 20, 2011 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Give a try to www.anibis.ch, it's a popular classified website here, lots of housing ads, but have to be quite fast, anything older than a few days is gone for sure.

Give a try to www.anibis.ch, it's a popular classified website here, lots of housing ads, but have to be quite fast, anything older than a few days is gone for sure.

Jose S, Jul 21, 2011 @ 00:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Do you have temporary housing set up already?  It took me 6 months to find something owing to the high demand low supply scene.  I'm subletting my apartment for the month August for now if you are interested while you are looking.  Where is your office?

Also a recommendation from your employer would be a good idea.  The lease applications include credit checks etc. so be prepared for a bit of administration.

Do you have temporary housing set up already?  It took me 6 months to find something owing to the high demand low supply scene.  I'm subletting my apartment for the month August for now if you are interested while you are looking.  Where is your office?

Also a recommendation from your employer would be a good idea.  The lease applications include credit checks etc. so be prepared for a bit of administration.

Christina L, Jul 21, 2011 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Brie!

From one fellow aussie to another, here is another site that may prove helpful: http://www.easywg.ch/

cheers,

Melanie

Hi Brie!

From one fellow aussie to another, here is another site that may prove helpful: http://www.easywg.ch/

cheers,

Melanie

Melanie, Jul 21, 2011 @ 13:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Make sure you bring a tent and bags full of cash ! 1 AUD = 0.85 CHF cents

1 Bedroom place in Lausanne will put you back between 1000 CHF - 1600 CHF

2 Bedroom 1600 CHF - Numbers that will blow your mind

http://www.homegate.ch/

http://www.immostreet.ch

Happy to buy you a beer !!

Damien / Sydney

Make sure you bring a tent and bags full of cash ! 1 AUD = 0.85 CHF cents

1 Bedroom place in Lausanne will put you back between 1000 CHF - 1600 CHF

2 Bedroom 1600 CHF - Numbers that will blow your mind

http://www.homegate.ch/

http://www.immostreet.ch

Happy to buy you a beer !!

Damien / Sydney

DAMIEN O, Jul 21, 2011 @ 13:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thank you all!

I have been monitoring these sites for a while now! Haha apparently it is as hard as I was warned. The problem is that I will only be there from 25 July to the end of December and a lot of people are looking for someone for longer or shorter (summer sublet)!

I am sure something will work out.

In any event, I will definitely be keen for a beer. Just so long as it's not Fosters :)

Thank you all!

I have been monitoring these sites for a while now! Haha apparently it is as hard as I was warned. The problem is that I will only be there from 25 July to the end of December and a lot of people are looking for someone for longer or shorter (summer sublet)!

I am sure something will work out.

In any event, I will definitely be keen for a beer. Just so long as it's not Fosters :)

Brie Quinn, Jul 22, 2011 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Melanie, Jul 23, 2011 @ 08:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi there, I just wanted to say hello. Im also an Aussie, and a sports lawyer here in Geneva! If you want to PM me, Happy to chat and give you any pointers :) Good luck with the internship and the move! Im sure you will love it!

Hi there, I just wanted to say hello. Im also an Aussie, and a sports lawyer here in Geneva! If you want to PM me, Happy to chat and give you any pointers :) Good luck with the internship and the move! Im sure you will love it!

Mel M, Aug 3, 2011 @ 10:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi fellow aussie just love knowing their are more of us in lausanne... as once upon a time I felt like I was the only aussie here though that was 13 years back and I was 15 =s lols

Anyways times have changed... in regards to looking for a place have a friend appartement and is looking to share it with if your interested... its in the centre! She's pretty cool and is a head organiser of events in Glocals! Won't say names just let me know if you are interested and I will see if its still available... msg me private! Thanx

Other wise... we should totally meet up love to make some aussie Girlfriends other than just blokes =s lols  I show ya around and introduce u to my party friends... =D 

Take care

Cez

Hi fellow aussie just love knowing their are more of us in lausanne... as once upon a time I felt like I was the only aussie here though that was 13 years back and I was 15 =s lols

Anyways times have changed... in regards to looking for a place have a friend appartement and is looking to share it with if your interested... its in the centre! She's pretty cool and is a head organiser of events in Glocals! Won't say names just let me know if you are interested and I will see if its still available... msg me private! Thanx

Other wise... we should totally meet up love to make some aussie Girlfriends other than just blokes =s lols  I show ya around and introduce u to my party friends... =D 

Take care

Cez

Cezanne B, Aug 4, 2011 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 992 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form