Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hello from sunny California

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hello from sunny California

Hi everyone,

Just moved to Geneva from Santa Monica 3 weeks ago and am looking to meet new people.  I've actually been on this site since found out I was going to be transferred here for work earlier this year to check out the classifieds and try to find an apartment (no luck so far - in temporary housing right now), but figured I should introduce myself since I'm finally in town. 

It looks like there's a lot of Glocals activities going on, so looking forward to meeting some of you through those.  But for now, a couple of questions:

1. Do any of the bars around town play American college football games? I'm a huge Notre Dame fan and would like to see the games on a screen bigger than my computer's, and

2. Any decent Mexican food restaurants?  I'm already going through salsa withdrawal...

Assuming these things exist, let me know if anyone wants to meet up for a gamewatch, some tacos, or both!

Cheers,

Mike

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

Just moved to Geneva from Santa Monica 3 weeks ago and am looking to meet new people.  I've actually been on this site since found out I was going to be transferred here for work earlier this year to check out the classifieds and try to find an apartment (no luck so far - in temporary housing right now), but figured I should introduce myself since I'm finally in town. 

It looks like there's a lot of Glocals activities going on, so looking forward to meeting some of you through those.  But for now, a couple of questions:

1. Do any of the bars around town play American college football games? I'm a huge Notre Dame fan and would like to see the games on a screen bigger than my computer's, and

2. Any decent Mexican food restaurants?  I'm already going through salsa withdrawal...

Assuming these things exist, let me know if anyone wants to meet up for a gamewatch, some tacos, or both!

Cheers,

Mike

Mike HOct 2, 2010 @ 13:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 626 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hello from sunny California
Post 1

Hey Mike,

Welcome to Geneva! It is shocking to see someone openly admit to being a Notre Dame fan but much appreciated. We are a rare breed. I've tried to find bars to watch games but so far no luck with college football. You can find NFL at PIckwicks on Sunday nights but for college ESPN America is the best option other than streaming.

For Mexican food, there are a couple places in town, but it won't be anything compared to what you're used to enjoying. I've tried La Diligence, Le Chat Rouge and Tacos Inn, but the most satisfying option is usually found in your own kitchen.

Sorry this post hasn't been more helpful. If you want to meet up sometime for a Notre Dame or any Pac-10 games and tacos, let me know.

Shauna

Hey Mike,

Welcome to Geneva! It is shocking to see someone openly admit to being a Notre Dame fan but much appreciated. We are a rare breed. I've tried to find bars to watch games but so far no luck with college football. You can find NFL at PIckwicks on Sunday nights but for college ESPN America is the best option other than streaming.

For Mexican food, there are a couple places in town, but it won't be anything compared to what you're used to enjoying. I've tried La Diligence, Le Chat Rouge and Tacos Inn, but the most satisfying option is usually found in your own kitchen.

Sorry this post hasn't been more helpful. If you want to meet up sometime for a Notre Dame or any Pac-10 games and tacos, let me know.

Shauna

Shauna D, Oct 2, 2010 @ 14:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Hello from sunny California
Post 2

Hey Shauna,

We ND fans can be called a lot of things, but fairweather isnt one of them!  Misery loves company, so I would definitely be up for meeting up to grab some margaritas and tacos at one of the places you mentioned above later this weekend or sometime this week (I also saw another one down by the train station, but I can't remember the name). 

Right now the most exciting thing on my schedule is trying to make it to the Migros in time before the rotesserie chickens run out, so just let me know what works best for you. 

Go Irish!

Mike

Hey Shauna,

We ND fans can be called a lot of things, but fairweather isnt one of them!  Misery loves company, so I would definitely be up for meeting up to grab some margaritas and tacos at one of the places you mentioned above later this weekend or sometime this week (I also saw another one down by the train station, but I can't remember the name). 

Right now the most exciting thing on my schedule is trying to make it to the Migros in time before the rotesserie chickens run out, so just let me know what works best for you. 

Go Irish!

Mike

Mike H, Oct 2, 2010 @ 15:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 626 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form