Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Hi everyone...BRRRRrrrr

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hi everyone...BRRRRrrrr

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to have discovered glocals. Smile

Having lived in Kenya for the last 2 years, I have recently moved to Geneva about 1 month ago. It's been certainly a weather and cultural shock in some ways (grin)...
I miss the SUN

I'm into
TENNIS, looking for intermediate players to have a regular hit !!
EATING!! If you just love eating and/or up for a little adventure to try a new restaurant/food...
or otherwise just like hanging-out trading travel stories...do say Hi !!!

:))

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to have discovered glocals. Smile

Having lived in Kenya for the last 2 years, I have recently moved to Geneva about 1 month ago. It's been certainly a weather and cultural shock in some ways (grin)...
I miss the SUN

I'm into
TENNIS, looking for intermediate players to have a regular hit !!
EATING!! If you just love eating and/or up for a little adventure to try a new restaurant/food...
or otherwise just like hanging-out trading travel stories...do say Hi !!!

:))

ephraim tFeb 13, 2010 @ 14:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 904 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hi everyone...BRRRRrrrr
Post 1

Hello Pal,

I'll be moving in April and play for Tennis club in London so would consider myself an intermediate player too and always keen for a knock up in addition to looking for a local tennis club to join before the summer season kicks in.

Would be great to know another player keen to improve game and maybe share lessons.

Hope you settle in well.

Regards

Hello Pal,

I'll be moving in April and play for Tennis club in London so would consider myself an intermediate player too and always keen for a knock up in addition to looking for a local tennis club to join before the summer season kicks in.

Would be great to know another player keen to improve game and maybe share lessons.

Hope you settle in well.

Regards

Tom Q, Feb 16, 2010 @ 17:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

just moved here, and up for tennis as well! lets plan a game soon!

just moved here, and up for tennis as well! lets plan a game soon!

faisal d, Feb 16, 2010 @ 21:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey Faisal d and Tom Q,

super!!! lets plan a game...i hope some glocal members can give us some tips where we could play. my efforts to play has been futial; requiring us to get a club membership first :(

Hey Faisal d and Tom Q,

super!!! lets plan a game...i hope some glocal members can give us some tips where we could play. my efforts to play has been futial; requiring us to get a club membership first :(

ephraim t, Feb 21, 2010 @ 00:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Faisal d and Tom Q,

Feb 21, 10 00:08

Hello Guys,

Welcome to a wintry Geneva Cool

You can rent courts in most clubs in Gva by the hour but hours at lunch-times in the week or week-ends are often taken by people who rent for the winter season.  Othewise, you can rent at places such as Bois des Frères and Vessy.  Meyrin club also rents courts by the hour  : see tourism website on tennis clubs in Geneva:  

http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/?rubrique=0000000388&lang=_eng

The summer season starts in most clubs early April and if you want to play regularly, it would be good to join a club.  I can recommend the CIT at Chambésy (recently moved from chemin Rigot).  It has six clay courts and is close to the UN organizations.  Many - though not all - members work for UN organizations and speak English - http://www.tennis-cit.ch/ Tel. 022 733 14 05.

Let me know if you need more info!

Hello Guys,

Welcome to a wintry Geneva Cool

You can rent courts in most clubs in Gva by the hour but hours at lunch-times in the week or week-ends are often taken by people who rent for the winter season.  Othewise, you can rent at places such as Bois des Frères and Vessy.  Meyrin club also rents courts by the hour  : see tourism website on tennis clubs in Geneva:  

http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/?rubrique=0000000388&lang=_eng

The summer season starts in most clubs early April and if you want to play regularly, it would be good to join a club.  I can recommend the CIT at Chambésy (recently moved from chemin Rigot).  It has six clay courts and is close to the UN organizations.  Many - though not all - members work for UN organizations and speak English - http://www.tennis-cit.ch/ Tel. 022 733 14 05.

Let me know if you need more info!

mozambique, Feb 21, 2010 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks matey :)

Thanks matey :)

Tom Q, Feb 21, 2010 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Mozambique,

Thanks for the info. Indeed recently inquired with CIT and at the moment weighing the facts whether joining a club would be worthwhile considering various factors :)

Anyway, looks like we might meet this Saturday for a game :)

See ya

Hi Mozambique,

Thanks for the info. Indeed recently inquired with CIT and at the moment weighing the facts whether joining a club would be worthwhile considering various factors :)

Anyway, looks like we might meet this Saturday for a game :)

See ya

ephraim t, Feb 22, 2010 @ 20:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 904 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form