Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Irish girl moving to Geneva alone for work..... BE MY FRIEND & LETS EXPLORE!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Irish girl moving to Geneva alone for work..... BE MY FRIEND & LETS EXPLORE!

Heyyyyy!

So I got a last minute job offer to move to Geneva, I'm going over on the 28th Jan.. spending New Years in La Plagne then I'll arrive to Geneva on the 4th Jan. I have never been to Switzerland before, I dont know anyone, dont know anything about this country so I would loveeeee to meet some new friends to hang out with and show me the life here!! I love wine and cheese... always wanted to try a cheese fondue! I like swimming, running, gym, diving, hiking, movies, going on adventures, so if you know any cool events like these going on please let me know, I will join you :-)

Thanks and see you there <3

Julie 

The text you are quoting:

Heyyyyy!

So I got a last minute job offer to move to Geneva, I'm going over on the 28th Jan.. spending New Years in La Plagne then I'll arrive to Geneva on the 4th Jan. I have never been to Switzerland before, I dont know anyone, dont know anything about this country so I would loveeeee to meet some new friends to hang out with and show me the life here!! I love wine and cheese... always wanted to try a cheese fondue! I like swimming, running, gym, diving, hiking, movies, going on adventures, so if you know any cool events like these going on please let me know, I will join you :-)

Julie 

Julie PDec 7, 2015 @ 12:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

17 Replies | 2204 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Irish girl moving to Geneva alone for work..... BE MY FRIEND & LETS EXPLORE!
Post 1

Heyyyyy!

Julie 

Dec 7, 15 12:43

sorry i mean '28th December' ***

sorry i mean '28th December' ***

Julie P, Dec 7, 2015 @ 12:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Irish girl moving to Geneva alone for work..... BE MY FRIEND & LETS EXPLORE!
Post 2

Hey Julie,

Welcome to Glocals and Switzerland. There is plenty of activites you can enroll if you wanna meet new people in Geneva. I think it's the best way!

Do you ski ?

See you soon.

Laurent

Hey Julie,

Welcome to Glocals and Switzerland. There is plenty of activites you can enroll if you wanna meet new people in Geneva. I think it's the best way!

Do you ski ?

See you soon.

Laurent

Laurent G, Dec 7, 2015 @ 19:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Welcome to GVA.

I am up for some good fondu when you are here.

Welcome to GVA.

I am up for some good fondu when you are here.

Touraj Z, Dec 18, 2015 @ 17:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Welcome to Geneva and to glocals.  Don’t hesitate to click on the "Groups" button to find a wide selection of activities to help you settle in and make friends.  And “Things to do” is another great resource to keep up to date on what’s happening right now and being planned.

All the best, R.  

Welcome to Geneva and to glocals.  Don’t hesitate to click on the "Groups" button to find a wide selection of activities to help you settle in and make friends.  And “Things to do” is another great resource to keep up to date on what’s happening right now and being planned.

All the best, R.  

Ritchie, Dec 18, 2015 @ 20:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hey I'm off tomo all day and nigt so if you're around let me know :-) 

add me fb - Julie Louise Phillips :-))))

Hey I'm off tomo all day and nigt so if you're around let me know :-) 

add me fb - Julie Louise Phillips :-))))

Julie P, Jan 4, 2016 @ 23:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Julie, i have also just moved to Geneva from Liverpool, i would be happy to meet up and do some exploring or go for a wine or two!! Sarah

Hi Julie, i have also just moved to Geneva from Liverpool, i would be happy to meet up and do some exploring or go for a wine or two!! Sarah

Sarah C, Jan 6, 2016 @ 13:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Julie! I also would be very happy to meet up, what about the weekend?

Hi Julie! I also would be very happy to meet up, what about the weekend?

Elsa M, Jan 6, 2016 @ 14:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

In another post did you not write that you were working as an au pair for a "horrible" family and that you then "quit" your job this week?

In another post did you not write that you were working as an au pair for a "horrible" family and that you then "quit" your job this week?

Karin E, Jan 6, 2016 @ 15:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Elsa and Sarah I would love to meet up!!! I'm around this weekend, drop me a private message please? 

yes Karin I did write that because I had a family who were hostile and intense so I couldn't take it anymore so had to go. 

Elsa and Sarah I would love to meet up!!! I'm around this weekend, drop me a private message please? 

yes Karin I did write that because I had a family who were hostile and intense so I couldn't take it anymore so had to go. 

Julie P, Jan 6, 2016 @ 15:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hello Julie! I'm Irish too. If you want to meet up for a drink just let me know.

Hello Julie! I'm Irish too. If you want to meet up for a drink just let me know.

Louise M, Jan 6, 2016 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

YeY!!! Sounds cool! I'm around today if anyone free.... Or this weekend!? :-) 

YeY!!! Sounds cool! I'm around today if anyone free.... Or this weekend!? :-) 

Julie P, Jan 7, 2016 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hey 

anyone would have some drinks today late or tmorrow evening ?

Hey 

anyone would have some drinks today late or tmorrow evening ?

robin r, Jan 7, 2016 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

How's it going,

There is a tonne of us Irish around - try Mulligans or Charlies to meet the Irish crowd or Clubhouse for all the expats. 

I moved over from Dublin last year and they are similar to the bars back home. 

Other cool places too but they happen to be very friendly.

How's it going,

There is a tonne of us Irish around - try Mulligans or Charlies to meet the Irish crowd or Clubhouse for all the expats. 

I moved over from Dublin last year and they are similar to the bars back home. 

Other cool places too but they happen to be very friendly.

Patrick R, Jan 7, 2016 @ 16:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi Julie,

My number is 076-6658005. Give me a call and we can meet up sometime :)

Louise

Hi Julie,

My number is 076-6658005. Give me a call and we can meet up sometime :)

Louise

Louise M, Jan 7, 2016 @ 16:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

I just read January 28th (my birthday) and decided to make a reply :P

Welcome to Swiss and glocals :)

I just read January 28th (my birthday) and decided to make a reply :P

Welcome to Swiss and glocals :)

Nabeel A, Jan 11, 2016 @ 11:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

HEY! I am an american looking for stuff to do too! I wanna tag along and also, I would love to learn about Irish culture too, my family is scottish :) 

HEY! I am an american looking for stuff to do too! I wanna tag along and also, I would love to learn about Irish culture too, my family is scottish :) 

Kaela M, Jan 13, 2016 @ 11:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

hey guys sorry ive not been in contact with you all, so many hectic stuff going on, but finally im settled and will fly back to Geneva for 25th Feb....... hopefully I can meet you all after this date? Let me know if youre around? :-)  With my new job i have mornings, weekends and evenings free :-D!

Hope to meet youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 

hey guys sorry ive not been in contact with you all, so many hectic stuff going on, but finally im settled and will fly back to Geneva for 25th Feb....... hopefully I can meet you all after this date? Let me know if youre around? :-)  With my new job i have mornings, weekends and evenings free :-D!

Hope to meet youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 

Julie P, Jan 28, 2016 @ 13:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
17 Replies | 2204 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form