Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Just Moved to Bern from the U.S. and looking for new friends and adventures!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Just Moved to Bern from the U.S. and looking for new friends and adventures!

Hello fellow glocals,

My name is Jane and I just finished my Master's program in Special Education and moved here for a job! I have lived in Europe one other time when I studied abraod in Spain (about 6 months) and I love learning new languages and cultural idiosyncracies. I love the outdoors (e.g., hiking, running) and just in general exploring new areas.  I would love to hear about suggestions on where to go and what to see as well as meet some new people and perhaps learn some German or French along the way.

And on a side note I LOVE to cook. I used to be in a gourmet cooking club when I lived and worked in Washington, D.C. and would love to have one here if anyone is interested!

The text you are quoting:

Hello fellow glocals,

My name is Jane and I just finished my Master's program in Special Education and moved here for a job! I have lived in Europe one other time when I studied abraod in Spain (about 6 months) and I love learning new languages and cultural idiosyncracies. I love the outdoors (e.g., hiking, running) and just in general exploring new areas.  I would love to hear about suggestions on where to go and what to see as well as meet some new people and perhaps learn some German or French along the way.

And on a side note I LOVE to cook. I used to be in a gourmet cooking club when I lived and worked in Washington, D.C. and would love to have one here if anyone is interested!

Jane SingletonAug 5, 2011 @ 10:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 621 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Just Moved to Bern from the U.S. and looking for new friends and adventures!
Post 1

Hello Jane and welcome to glocals and Bern!

We have our weekly glocals get together on Tuesdays... I am sure you will meet a lot of people there (also fellow Americans)

Check out the things to do section http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/bern
you will also find other activities organized by our members...

Good luck!

regards, Ehsaan

Hello Jane and welcome to glocals and Bern!

We have our weekly glocals get together on Tuesdays... I am sure you will meet a lot of people there (also fellow Americans)

Check out the things to do section http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/bern
you will also find other activities organized by our members...

Good luck!

regards, Ehsaan

Ehsaan, Aug 5, 2011 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Just Moved to Bern from the U.S. and looking for new friends and adventures!
Post 2

Hi Jane,
you are welcome to join some events in the Neuchâtel area as well. We are 30min by train from Bern and have a lovely lake :)

hope to see you around soon. You can join our group and be aware of the events we organize here:  http://www.glocals.com/groups/lausanne/neuchatel-expats-afterwork-activities-group.htm

CU soon

Silvia

Hi Jane,
you are welcome to join some events in the Neuchâtel area as well. We are 30min by train from Bern and have a lovely lake :)

hope to see you around soon. You can join our group and be aware of the events we organize here:  http://www.glocals.com/groups/lausanne/neuchatel-expats-afterwork-activities-group.htm

CU soon

Silvia

Silvia D, Aug 5, 2011 @ 10:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks Ehsaan. I look forward to hopefully meeting you next Tuesday!

Cheers,

Jane

Thanks Ehsaan. I look forward to hopefully meeting you next Tuesday!

Cheers,

Jane

Jane Singleton, Aug 5, 2011 @ 14:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 621 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form