Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Just arrived in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Just arrived in Geneva

Hello glocals!

We just arrived in the Geneva area on Tuesday from Hong Kong. My husband and I are Canadian and have been living and working in Hong Kong for the past 8 years.

We have currently transferred here with our 17 month old daughter. We are grateful for the clean, fresh air and excited about this next adventure. Though I grew up in Canada, living in Hong Kong, we haven't experienced snow in quite a while, so we're hoping our bodies adapt quickly to weather :)

Looking forward to meeting new people, making friends and experiencing the various groups this forum has to offer.

Angelika

The text you are quoting:

Hello glocals!

We just arrived in the Geneva area on Tuesday from Hong Kong. My husband and I are Canadian and have been living and working in Hong Kong for the past 8 years.

We have currently transferred here with our 17 month old daughter. We are grateful for the clean, fresh air and excited about this next adventure. Though I grew up in Canada, living in Hong Kong, we haven't experienced snow in quite a while, so we're hoping our bodies adapt quickly to weather :)

Looking forward to meeting new people, making friends and experiencing the various groups this forum has to offer.

Angelika

Angelika MJan 13, 2017 @ 11:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 922 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Just arrived in Geneva
Post 1

Hi Angelika and welcome. I have also just arrived with my wife and 9 month old daughter. In fact we just arrived last week from Tokyo where we have been for the last 3 years. My wife and I both work for MSF.

i have been told Switzerland is the Japan of Europe and I can't wait to find out.Laughing

Hi Angelika and welcome. I have also just arrived with my wife and 9 month old daughter. In fact we just arrived last week from Tokyo where we have been for the last 3 years. My wife and I both work for MSF.

i have been told Switzerland is the Japan of Europe and I can't wait to find out.Laughing

Isaac C, Jan 16, 2017 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Just arrived in Geneva
Post 2

Hi Isaac,

nice to hear from you.

Well, having been here a week, I'm not convinced about the Tokyo/Geneva comparison, at least visually :)

Maybe from a food perspective? If that's the case, I can't wait!

My husband and I are both doing freelance work at the moment. 

Let me know when you've settled in and maybe we all have dinner.

Hope to meet you soon,

Angelika

Hi Isaac,

nice to hear from you.

Well, having been here a week, I'm not convinced about the Tokyo/Geneva comparison, at least visually :)

Maybe from a food perspective? If that's the case, I can't wait!

My husband and I are both doing freelance work at the moment. 

Let me know when you've settled in and maybe we all have dinner.

Hope to meet you soon,

Angelika

Angelika M, Jan 18, 2017 @ 16:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 922 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form