Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Just off the plane in Geneva!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Just off the plane in Geneva!

Hello All!

I am from NYC and will be spending most of the Summer in Geneva studying French. I am looking for "partners in crime" to explore the city's cultural and social events, take trips together on weekends,  sightseeing, participating in sporting activities.

Cheers!

The text you are quoting:

Hello All!

I am from NYC and will be spending most of the Summer in Geneva studying French. I am looking for "partners in crime" to explore the city's cultural and social events, take trips together on weekends,  sightseeing, participating in sporting activities.

Cheers!

Tate MJun 25, 2010 @ 01:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 862 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Just off the plane in Geneva!
Post 1

Hey Tate. I am coming to Geneva in August for a 2 yr International Econ Masters prgram. I am from India, although I have lived all over (India, Germany, Denmak, Portland, Iowa (did my undergrad there), and New York). I'd love to explore the city, although I don't know if you'll still be around in the 2nd half of August. Let me know.

I miss NY!

Hey Tate. I am coming to Geneva in August for a 2 yr International Econ Masters prgram. I am from India, although I have lived all over (India, Germany, Denmak, Portland, Iowa (did my undergrad there), and New York). I'd love to explore the city, although I don't know if you'll still be around in the 2nd half of August. Let me know.

I miss NY!

Arunabh Singh, Jun 25, 2010 @ 02:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Sorry, I will be back to the US in August...

Sorry, I will be back to the US in August...

Tate M, Jun 25, 2010 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Wojtek,

Thank you for replying to my thread!

Bern sounds interesting, even though my first preference is Zurich... Are you driving there or taking a train?

Best,

Tate

Hi Wojtek,

Thank you for replying to my thread!

Bern sounds interesting, even though my first preference is Zurich... Are you driving there or taking a train?

Best,

Tate

Tate M, Jun 27, 2010 @ 23:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Tate! Im from Connecticut and just got to Geneva as well! I would love to be your partner in crime lol especially for traveling! Dying to explore switzerland and it's surrounding areas but too chicken to do it alone! let me know if you have any ideas!

arin

Hi Tate! Im from Connecticut and just got to Geneva as well! I would love to be your partner in crime lol especially for traveling! Dying to explore switzerland and it's surrounding areas but too chicken to do it alone! let me know if you have any ideas!

arin

arin k, Jul 4, 2010 @ 21:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

voyarch- aw seems like i missed the bern trip! i promise to be pleasant company haha let me know if you plan on going other places!

voyarch- aw seems like i missed the bern trip! i promise to be pleasant company haha let me know if you plan on going other places!

arin k, Jul 4, 2010 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hey I am here for the summer from England and so far have tried to visit some places but I'm sure it would be much more fun with someone else! 

Hey I am here for the summer from England and so far have tried to visit some places but I'm sure it would be much more fun with someone else! 

Katie Quigley, Jul 4, 2010 @ 21:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Voyarch, what kind of skiing is there in Zarmatt? I love skiing! Please keep me in on the loop of any travel ideas/plans/suggestions as well!!

Katie 

Voyarch, what kind of skiing is there in Zarmatt? I love skiing! Please keep me in on the loop of any travel ideas/plans/suggestions as well!!

Katie 

Katie Quigley, Jul 4, 2010 @ 22:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

voyarch-

what! no way i JUST talked to people today about there. zarmatt?zermot? anyway i think im a bad skiier. but ill go why not? a bunch of ppl at my church were talking about it but they said skiing there in the summer is not skiign in zarmatt at all though..haha but i'm guessing you've already heard that.

you said you havent been to basel right? take me take me haha

voyarch-

what! no way i JUST talked to people today about there. zarmatt?zermot? anyway i think im a bad skiier. but ill go why not? a bunch of ppl at my church were talking about it but they said skiing there in the summer is not skiign in zarmatt at all though..haha but i'm guessing you've already heard that.

you said you havent been to basel right? take me take me haha

arin k, Jul 4, 2010 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hello Tate

Sure if you are looking for a partner speaking English then sure I am up for some cultural and social events. ...  What events have you got in mind specificaly?

Hello Tate

Sure if you are looking for a partner speaking English then sure I am up for some cultural and social events. ...  What events have you got in mind specificaly?

Phil C, Jul 5, 2010 @ 00:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I would love to go to either Basel or Zurich or both! I have heard great things about them! Would be great to meet up at some point.

Please keep me in the loop thanks!!

Katie

I would love to go to either Basel or Zurich or both! I have heard great things about them! Would be great to meet up at some point.

Please keep me in the loop thanks!!

Katie

Katie Quigley, Jul 5, 2010 @ 09:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

katie, joe, voyarch- let.s go to basel next wknd! id prefer a sat day trip though. anyway, yes drinks this friday- someone suggest a location?

katie, joe, voyarch- let.s go to basel next wknd! id prefer a sat day trip though. anyway, yes drinks this friday- someone suggest a location?

arin k, Jul 5, 2010 @ 13:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hello Tate

Jul 5, 10 00:29

Hello Phil,

Exploring the country and playing the tourist -- Lonely planet is my guide:)

Hello Phil,

Exploring the country and playing the tourist -- Lonely planet is my guide:)

Tate M, Jul 5, 2010 @ 18:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Jan 1, 70 01:00

sweetness we're going for sure! im hanging out with katie tonight so i'll ask her. saturday the 17th right? and i have no idea where cafe luna is but see you this friday haha

sweetness we're going for sure! im hanging out with katie tonight so i'll ask her. saturday the 17th right? and i have no idea where cafe luna is but see you this friday haha

arin k, Jul 5, 2010 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 862 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form