Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Moved to Geneva today!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moved to Geneva today!

Hi everyone,

My name is Jenn, and I moved to Geneva today for a few months for work. I am 23 year old American who moved from California. I studied abroad in Europe a few years ago, but only stayed in Geneva a few hours before, so I am excited to explore more of the city. I do not know anyone yet, so I hope to meet some of you soon. If you have any suggestions on events to attend or want to meet for coffee, let me know!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

My name is Jenn, and I moved to Geneva today for a few months for work. I am 23 year old American who moved from California. I studied abroad in Europe a few years ago, but only stayed in Geneva a few hours before, so I am excited to explore more of the city. I do not know anyone yet, so I hope to meet some of you soon. If you have any suggestions on events to attend or want to meet for coffee, let me know!

Jenn ASep 29, 2014 @ 20:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 953 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moved to Geneva today!
Post 1

Hi Jenn

A warm welcome to glocals, Geneva and Switzerland.

Check the Member Activities, join those that appeal to you and you will soon fill up your address book and this is a great platform to boost your social life easily.

Hi Jenn

A warm welcome to glocals, Geneva and Switzerland.

Check the Member Activities, join those that appeal to you and you will soon fill up your address book and this is a great platform to boost your social life easily.

Dorothy W, Sep 29, 2014 @ 22:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Welcome Jenn!

What brings you to Geneva?

Welcome Jenn!

What brings you to Geneva?

Nir Ofek, Sep 30, 2014 @ 09:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you for the welcome, Dorothy and Nir!

i will definitely check out the member events. Nir, I am here for work based in nyon for a few months.

Thank you for the welcome, Dorothy and Nir!

i will definitely check out the member events. Nir, I am here for work based in nyon for a few months.

Jenn A, Sep 30, 2014 @ 19:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Welcome Jenn!

I second Dorothy's suggestion, check out the Things to Do at the top. For examples, there is Pub Quiz on Monday nights, there is NFL Sunday evenings at Pickwick's. Movie nights, after work drinks, sports, language exchange, etc. You'll have plenty to do.

Also, if you like live music, there is a band from Liverpool coming at the end of the month. 5-4-3–2-1 are SO MUCH FUN! So much energy. I love it when they come and you will, too.

what part of the US are you from? I'm from (near) Boston and (near) Washington, DC.

Welcome Jenn!

I second Dorothy's suggestion, check out the Things to Do at the top. For examples, there is Pub Quiz on Monday nights, there is NFL Sunday evenings at Pickwick's. Movie nights, after work drinks, sports, language exchange, etc. You'll have plenty to do.

Also, if you like live music, there is a band from Liverpool coming at the end of the month. 5-4-3–2-1 are SO MUCH FUN! So much energy. I love it when they come and you will, too.

what part of the US are you from? I'm from (near) Boston and (near) Washington, DC.

Zonker, Sep 30, 2014 @ 19:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hey Jenn, I moved yesterday too! Am from the UK and working here for the next few years potentially. First day of work tomorrow but very keen to get involved in some activities post work and on weekends. First on my priorities is the football (soccer) tomorrow evening! Let me know what you get upto and would be great to meet up :)

Chand

Hey Jenn, I moved yesterday too! Am from the UK and working here for the next few years potentially. First day of work tomorrow but very keen to get involved in some activities post work and on weekends. First on my priorities is the football (soccer) tomorrow evening! Let me know what you get upto and would be great to meet up :)

Chand

Chand Mehta, Sep 30, 2014 @ 22:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Chand Mehta, Sep 30, 2014 @ 22:26
Your Reply: