Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to Geneva!

Hi all,

I am new to glocals! just joined cos i will be moving to Geneva in june for my internship. I am Nigerian,female and i have been in milan,italy for the past 9 months. I would love to make new friends and i am also looking for a place to rent in Geneva.

It will be my first time in Switzerland and i am very excited at what this holds! 

Any help with accommodation is most welcome and any advice on settling in would be nice!

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I am new to glocals! just joined cos i will be moving to Geneva in june for my internship. I am Nigerian,female and i have been in milan,italy for the past 9 months. I would love to make new friends and i am also looking for a place to rent in Geneva.

It will be my first time in Switzerland and i am very excited at what this holds! 

Any help with accommodation is most welcome and any advice on settling in would be nice!

Olufunke FMay 7, 2010 @ 20:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 755 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to Geneva!
Post 1

Hi Olofunke, welcome to GVA, I have been in GVA about 6 months now (I am originally from Milan!), but I am only starting to make new friends now that the long, cold winter is gone!

A couple of advises, for housing, forget about the regis (Housing agencies), with them is a real lottery to get an apartment.

So, wheather you are looking for a flat or a room in a shared flat my advice is to look in G-local, as soon as you find something suitable go an look at it and...take it right away! finding a place in GVA may get quite hard!

As for meeting new friends, you ar in the right place, Scottdave (his nick) organizes a weekly drink out for new people in GVA, usually on a Friday, there you have the opportunity to meet other people new (or not) in GVA.

ciao,

Stefano

Hi Olofunke, welcome to GVA, I have been in GVA about 6 months now (I am originally from Milan!), but I am only starting to make new friends now that the long, cold winter is gone!

A couple of advises, for housing, forget about the regis (Housing agencies), with them is a real lottery to get an apartment.

So, wheather you are looking for a flat or a room in a shared flat my advice is to look in G-local, as soon as you find something suitable go an look at it and...take it right away! finding a place in GVA may get quite hard!

As for meeting new friends, you ar in the right place, Scottdave (his nick) organizes a weekly drink out for new people in GVA, usually on a Friday, there you have the opportunity to meet other people new (or not) in GVA.

ciao,

Stefano

Vindago, May 8, 2010 @ 07:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Ciao Stefano!

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the advice. i am looking at the G-locals ads and i hope to find something there soon. Look forward to this new experience.

Have a great weekend.

Ciao Stefano!

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the advice. i am looking at the G-locals ads and i hope to find something there soon. Look forward to this new experience.

Have a great weekend.

Olufunke F, May 8, 2010 @ 12:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Olofunke,

I'm from Geneva, you could go on the site from the University of Geneva to find something to rend, I'v put an ad on this page before,  unfortunately my flat is already occupied until end of the year. Never send money, before you signed and have the keys, I heard lots of bad stories... :-(

It will be hard, be prepared ! Good luck.

Séverine

Hi Olofunke,

I'm from Geneva, you could go on the site from the University of Geneva to find something to rend, I'v put an ad on this page before,  unfortunately my flat is already occupied until end of the year. Never send money, before you signed and have the keys, I heard lots of bad stories... :-(

It will be hard, be prepared ! Good luck.

Séverine

Séverine G, May 8, 2010 @ 19:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks Severine. will keep that in mind. will also check out the University of geneva website.

Take care.

Thanks Severine. will keep that in mind. will also check out the University of geneva website.

Take care.

Olufunke F, May 8, 2010 @ 23:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 755 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form