Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New in Geneva for work in UN. Need friends and more info

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New in Geneva for work in UN. Need friends and more info

Hi there! This is Myles. Arrived a few days ago with my family of 5 for my husband's new assignment.  First time in Geneva and want to learn many things about the culture, school and language.  

I'm looking for a place to stay somewhere which is close to UN, international schools and searching for  schools for children with speacial needs for my 10-year old son.  Hope you can help me settle in our new country.  We used to live in Japan, so I would love to meet Japanese people here.

Warmest regards,

Myles

The text you are quoting:

Hi there! This is Myles. Arrived a few days ago with my family of 5 for my husband's new assignment.  First time in Geneva and want to learn many things about the culture, school and language.  

I'm looking for a place to stay somewhere which is close to UN, international schools and searching for  schools for children with speacial needs for my 10-year old son.  Hope you can help me settle in our new country.  We used to live in Japan, so I would love to meet Japanese people here.

Warmest regards,

Myles

Mila LFeb 12, 2017 @ 21:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 804 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New in Geneva for work in UN. Need friends and more info
Post 1

Hi myles, sent you a PM.

Hi myles, sent you a PM.

gerald m, Feb 13, 2017 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: New in Geneva for work in UN. Need friends and more info
Post 2

Warmest regards,

Myles

Feb 12, 17 21:59

Welcome to glocals and Geneva!

As a UN family, the HR department of your husband’s employer will be able to assist you with many of your concerns, particularly schools.

For accommodation, you can browse the offers in the glocals Classifieds and also

place an advertisement of your own.

Have a look too at the glocals “Groups” to find compatriots and Japanese members who will certainly be very happy to help you settle in.

Best wishes, R.

PS:

Is your name “Mila” or “Myles”, please?

Welcome to glocals and Geneva!

As a UN family, the HR department of your husband’s employer will be able to assist you with many of your concerns, particularly schools.

For accommodation, you can browse the offers in the glocals Classifieds and also

place an advertisement of your own.

Have a look too at the glocals “Groups” to find compatriots and Japanese members who will certainly be very happy to help you settle in.

Best wishes, R.

PS:

Is your name “Mila” or “Myles”, please?

Ritchie, Feb 13, 2017 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 804 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form