Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New in Lausanne and curious!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New in Lausanne and curious!

I'm Elleke, 29 years old and I've freshly arrived in Lausanne. I'm determined to learn French as fast as possible, so I'd love to meet Francophones who are willing to speak French (I'm at B2-level now) with me, as an activity on itself or while doing other fun things like running, hiking, skiing or sharing a glass, I'm also very much up to all these things with non-Francophones, of course :)

I'd love to find a running mate in Lausanne to go for a run once a week (8-10 k), also in winter.

Last thing:
Next to searching for a challenging position in an innovative company, I'm setting up a blog on job-hunting.  I'd like to share inspiring success stories of people who had a hard time finding a job (abroad or in their own country) and who succeeded by being creative and dedicated. My target audience are those in the middle of finding work and looking for uplifting narratives of others and non-conventional tips and tricks. I believe that people who had to be inventive in this process gathered a lot of knowledge on their way and I'd like to make this wisdom accessible to others.
Do you recognize yourself in the above and would you like to share your story? I’d love to interview you. If you know any others with interesting stories, I’m looking forward to hearing them.

The text you are quoting:

I'm Elleke, 29 years old and I've freshly arrived in Lausanne. I'm determined to learn French as fast as possible, so I'd love to meet Francophones who are willing to speak French (I'm at B2-level now) with me, as an activity on itself or while doing other fun things like running, hiking, skiing or sharing a glass, I'm also very much up to all these things with non-Francophones, of course :)

I'd love to find a running mate in Lausanne to go for a run once a week (8-10 k), also in winter.

Last thing:
Next to searching for a challenging position in an innovative company, I'm setting up a blog on job-hunting.  I'd like to share inspiring success stories of people who had a hard time finding a job (abroad or in their own country) and who succeeded by being creative and dedicated. My target audience are those in the middle of finding work and looking for uplifting narratives of others and non-conventional tips and tricks. I believe that people who had to be inventive in this process gathered a lot of knowledge on their way and I'd like to make this wisdom accessible to others.
Do you recognize yourself in the above and would you like to share your story? I’d love to interview you. If you know any others with interesting stories, I’m looking forward to hearing them.

Elleke KOct 19, 2016 @ 13:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 829 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New in Lausanne and curious!
Post 1

Morning Elleke,

Thanks for your introduction.

I'm Thomas, I'm French. I started living in lausanne some 2 months ago.

I do some sports (triathlon and climbing) so happy to share on this.

Let's meet some time.

Best,

Morning Elleke,

Thanks for your introduction.

I'm Thomas, I'm French. I started living in lausanne some 2 months ago.

I do some sports (triathlon and climbing) so happy to share on this.

Let's meet some time.

Best,

Thomas F, Oct 20, 2016 @ 09:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Welcome, am a newbie as well , few months older here in Lausanne Cool I like your blog idea and interesting, could share a few (personal and others)..

Welcome, am a newbie as well , few months older here in Lausanne Cool I like your blog idea and interesting, could share a few (personal and others)..

Nalls P A, Oct 20, 2016 @ 19:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey! I'm in for running and we can speak french while we run it's not my mother tongue but my level is quite good! But I'd be in also for some beers =D

Hey! I'm in for running and we can speak french while we run it's not my mother tongue but my level is quite good! But I'd be in also for some beers =D

Albert Dupont, Oct 21, 2016 @ 05:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Nalls,

Thank you for your reply. I'm interested in hearing your story and it would be great of you can connect me to some other people who have experience in this domain too.

I'll send you a p.m. to connect.

Elleke

Hi Nalls,

Thank you for your reply. I'm interested in hearing your story and it would be great of you can connect me to some other people who have experience in this domain too.

I'll send you a p.m. to connect.

Elleke

Elleke K, Oct 27, 2016 @ 15:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 829 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form