Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > New to Geneva from bright and sunny Jamaica!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New to Geneva from bright and sunny Jamaica!

Hey Guys! Cool

Firstly let me thank the organizers of this site for this resource. It aided me immensely with housing options and I am appreciative. Also happy to see that folks take the time to organize events, share helpful info etc. D'accord, so I am definitely looking forward to having fun in Switzerland and surrounding countries. I love music, nature, high intensity sporting activities, health and fitness, enlightened discussions, eating out, learning French and just celebrating being alive in general. :)

Are there any other Caribbean folks on this site? Ok looking forward to catching up at events of mutual interest.

Cheers,

-Ayanna

The text you are quoting:

Hey Guys! Cool

Firstly let me thank the organizers of this site for this resource. It aided me immensely with housing options and I am appreciative. Also happy to see that folks take the time to organize events, share helpful info etc. D'accord, so I am definitely looking forward to having fun in Switzerland and surrounding countries. I love music, nature, high intensity sporting activities, health and fitness, enlightened discussions, eating out, learning French and just celebrating being alive in general. :)

Are there any other Caribbean folks on this site? Ok looking forward to catching up at events of mutual interest.

Cheers,

-Ayanna

ayanna sMay 7, 2010 @ 22:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 690 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New to Geneva from bright and sunny Jamaica!
Post 1

Hi Ayanna, welcome to GVA!

I agree with you glocal is great! look at the "classified" section to look for an apt or a room and...forget about the Regis (housing agencies) they are a real lottery. Also note that finding a place to stay in GVA, expecially an apartment, may get quite hard.

As for meeting people, glocals is a good place to start, Scottdave organizes a weekly drink out on friday where new (and not new) people in GVA get together and meet each other.

I am also pretty sure you will find Caribbean folks on this site!

Ciao,

Stefano

Hi Ayanna, welcome to GVA!

I agree with you glocal is great! look at the "classified" section to look for an apt or a room and...forget about the Regis (housing agencies) they are a real lottery. Also note that finding a place to stay in GVA, expecially an apartment, may get quite hard.

As for meeting people, glocals is a good place to start, Scottdave organizes a weekly drink out on friday where new (and not new) people in GVA get together and meet each other.

I am also pretty sure you will find Caribbean folks on this site!

Ciao,

Stefano

Vindago, May 8, 2010 @ 08:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

hi ayanna, very nice to have you on board, though I am not so much in touch with this website, I just post here and there....

I am from a country very close to you, perhaps like an hour or so by plane!

Colombia.... eventhough we have different cultures I am sure we have some similarities too, after all Colombia is in the caribbean too!!! Cool

hi ayanna, very nice to have you on board, though I am not so much in touch with this website, I just post here and there....

I am from a country very close to you, perhaps like an hour or so by plane!

Colombia.... eventhough we have different cultures I am sure we have some similarities too, after all Colombia is in the caribbean too!!! Cool

andy o, May 8, 2010 @ 09:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

@ Stefano: Thanks for your response dear and good looking re: the Regis. I was successfully able to find an apt so am very thrilled. Thanks again for being so considerate. Checking out Fri's weekly get together for newbies sounds like a plan. I will be sure to do so. Hope all is well with you. Take care.

@Andy: Muchas Gracias for that warm welcome! I appreciate that. :) Yes I have a few Columbian friends who are close to my heart so we indeed have more in common than we have a part! Good to know you are in town.

Well I hope to meet you both soon.

All the best for the upcoming week!

-Ayanna

@ Stefano: Thanks for your response dear and good looking re: the Regis. I was successfully able to find an apt so am very thrilled. Thanks again for being so considerate. Checking out Fri's weekly get together for newbies sounds like a plan. I will be sure to do so. Hope all is well with you. Take care.

@Andy: Muchas Gracias for that warm welcome! I appreciate that. :) Yes I have a few Columbian friends who are close to my heart so we indeed have more in common than we have a part! Good to know you are in town.

Well I hope to meet you both soon.

All the best for the upcoming week!

-Ayanna

ayanna s, May 16, 2010 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 690 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form