Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Relocating from Australia

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Relocating from Australia

Hi. I am planning to travel to Switzerland in September, 2010 with the view and hope of relocating my young family in January 2011 for at least a year. Any advice or ideas on places to live with young children would be appreciated. Thanks.

The text you are quoting:

Hi. I am planning to travel to Switzerland in September, 2010 with the view and hope of relocating my young family in January 2011 for at least a year. Any advice or ideas on places to live with young children would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brenda HJun 4, 2010 @ 08:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 728 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Relocating from Australia
Post 1

Hi Brenda,

We relocated this january from Auckland, New Zealand to Zürich. Which city would you be relocating to? If it is Zürich then I can definitely help you with several things.

Cheers;

Andras

Hi Brenda,

We relocated this january from Auckland, New Zealand to Zürich. Which city would you be relocating to? If it is Zürich then I can definitely help you with several things.

Cheers;

Andras

Andrash K, Jun 4, 2010 @ 17:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Andrash....To tell you the truth I am open to any idea, however initially my thoughts were Zurich as I was planning on putting the chn into International School in Zurich. Now we can be flexible. So Zurich will be my starting point. The point of my September trip will be to finalise a location and hopfully work out some housing... Am very excited, but also nervous too.....I have heard many - not so encouraging things-but continue to focus on the positves of such an adventure. I can't wait-now I just have to convince everyone else...lol.....I don't plan on putting them in schol for at least 6 months, so access to activities such as swimming and dancing is a must.I also hope to walk to most places. Hope this helps and THANKS HEAPS for your reply!

Hi Andrash....To tell you the truth I am open to any idea, however initially my thoughts were Zurich as I was planning on putting the chn into International School in Zurich. Now we can be flexible. So Zurich will be my starting point. The point of my September trip will be to finalise a location and hopfully work out some housing... Am very excited, but also nervous too.....I have heard many - not so encouraging things-but continue to focus on the positves of such an adventure. I can't wait-now I just have to convince everyone else...lol.....I don't plan on putting them in schol for at least 6 months, so access to activities such as swimming and dancing is a must.I also hope to walk to most places. Hope this helps and THANKS HEAPS for your reply!

Brenda H, Jun 5, 2010 @ 00:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I actually live very close to the Zurich International school, it is located in a suburb called Wallisellen, which is where you get great value for money. Also within 2 minutes they have a very nice swimming pool ;-) As far as dancing is concerned, not sure if you meant ballet or standard dancing but there are a lot of poosibilities of that here.

One of the challenges you will face will be to find a decent place to live in remotely, we were very lucky since we managed to find a place that is actually better than what we expected. But dont worry about that we can help you with that if you like.

Wallisellen is 11 minutes with the train to Zürich, and is a safe, clean and getting very popular area. You pay less taxes here as opposed to if you were to live in what the y call zürich city.

Let me know if you would like to proceed with Zurich, as we would then love to help, since we have been through all the pain ourselves ;-)

Cheers;

Andras

I actually live very close to the Zurich International school, it is located in a suburb called Wallisellen, which is where you get great value for money. Also within 2 minutes they have a very nice swimming pool ;-) As far as dancing is concerned, not sure if you meant ballet or standard dancing but there are a lot of poosibilities of that here.

One of the challenges you will face will be to find a decent place to live in remotely, we were very lucky since we managed to find a place that is actually better than what we expected. But dont worry about that we can help you with that if you like.

Wallisellen is 11 minutes with the train to Zürich, and is a safe, clean and getting very popular area. You pay less taxes here as opposed to if you were to live in what the y call zürich city.

Let me know if you would like to proceed with Zurich, as we would then love to help, since we have been through all the pain ourselves ;-)

Cheers;

Andras

Andrash K, Jun 6, 2010 @ 11:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Ha, I found the thread finally. Thanks Andrash for your reply. I have attempted to add you as a friend. I will sent you a message when I have some dates for when I am coming. I def will look into Walliselle, it sounds good. Do you have family there too? If you have children, how old are they? I have 3 girls, all types of dancing is what they like. The pool sounds great too. Now...I just need to find some accomodation and all will be good.Thanks, Brenda.

Ha, I found the thread finally. Thanks Andrash for your reply. I have attempted to add you as a friend. I will sent you a message when I have some dates for when I am coming. I def will look into Walliselle, it sounds good. Do you have family there too? If you have children, how old are they? I have 3 girls, all types of dancing is what they like. The pool sounds great too. Now...I just need to find some accomodation and all will be good.Thanks, Brenda.

Brenda H, Jun 10, 2010 @ 01:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 728 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form