Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Swedish family. With a "bunch of children" just moved to Geneva… Tips for getting the kids social life started good...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swedish family. With a "bunch of children" just moved to Geneva… Tips for getting the kids social life started good...

Hey there!

We just moved here from Sweden ( we were in the german part of switzerland from sep-april) . 

We have 3 children in the ages of 10 1/2, 6 and 2 1/2. I really hope they will settle well and find friends. They don't speak any french yet but english. Our oldest one is a girl the other 2 boys. How did you do when you moved to get their social life started of good? They will attend to Lancy and I've signed my daughter up for the local soccer team and our son will play hockey. But more than that. They are were active and outgoing. etc.. Tips or hangouts is apprecheated , just PM me!

(the youngest will go to Swedish preeschool in Meyrin and he so little so I dont worry about him )

I would also appreciate to meet over coffe or something. I'm aswell very active Like when things happens , and see and do new things. Meet with the children. but would aswell love to have a coffee/lunch without them  ;)

My impressions of Geneva this far is really good!

The text you are quoting:

Hey there!

We just moved here from Sweden ( we were in the german part of switzerland from sep-april) . 

We have 3 children in the ages of 10 1/2, 6 and 2 1/2. I really hope they will settle well and find friends. They don't speak any french yet but english. Our oldest one is a girl the other 2 boys. How did you do when you moved to get their social life started of good? They will attend to Lancy and I've signed my daughter up for the local soccer team and our son will play hockey. But more than that. They are were active and outgoing. etc.. Tips or hangouts is apprecheated , just PM me!

(the youngest will go to Swedish preeschool in Meyrin and he so little so I dont worry about him )

I would also appreciate to meet over coffe or something. I'm aswell very active Like when things happens , and see and do new things. Meet with the children. but would aswell love to have a coffee/lunch without them  ;)

My impressions of Geneva this far is really good!

jenny fAug 5, 2015 @ 08:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1190 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swedish family. With a "bunch of children" just moved to Geneva… Tips for getting the kids social life started good...
Post 1

I suggest that you have a good look at our “Groups”.  They offer a multitude of activities for all ages and nationalities, so you will soon make friends.

Best wishes, R.

I suggest that you have a good look at our “Groups”.  They offer a multitude of activities for all ages and nationalities, so you will soon make friends.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Aug 5, 2015 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Swedish family. With a "bunch of children" just moved to Geneva… Tips for getting the kids social life started good...
Post 2

Hi Jenny,

You should check joining givingwomen.ch its a group of international and local women and it will give you more than the right age group social networking you would like.

On top of doing good.

Any other information please let me know and welcome here. I myself have 2 boys 6 and 3.5

Miriam

Hi Jenny,

You should check joining givingwomen.ch its a group of international and local women and it will give you more than the right age group social networking you would like.

On top of doing good.

Any other information please let me know and welcome here. I myself have 2 boys 6 and 3.5

Miriam

Miriam L, Aug 18, 2015 @ 01:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Jenny,

I would suggest to you a kids dance class, especially for the one aged 2 1/2 -3 :) i went with a friend's newphew (age 4) to this dance class,dedicated to kids. it was absolutely amazing. the girl teaching is really good and you get to spend some time with your kid and other mums. it's is truly remarkable seeing how much they learn in one hour - to move and coordinate their body, get the rhythm! the girl speaks french and english but i guess if your kid will learn french, it's great cause this way she/he can also start learning in the class. 

Let me know if you are interested, i'll give you more details!

Have a nice day,

Mona

Hi Jenny,

I would suggest to you a kids dance class, especially for the one aged 2 1/2 -3 :) i went with a friend's newphew (age 4) to this dance class,dedicated to kids. it was absolutely amazing. the girl teaching is really good and you get to spend some time with your kid and other mums. it's is truly remarkable seeing how much they learn in one hour - to move and coordinate their body, get the rhythm! the girl speaks french and english but i guess if your kid will learn french, it's great cause this way she/he can also start learning in the class. 

Let me know if you are interested, i'll give you more details!

Have a nice day,

Mona

Mona Georgieva, Mar 3, 2016 @ 10:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hej Jenny och välkommen till Genève! Jag träffar dig gärna och pratas vid lite grann. Jag har bott här i femton àr , och delar gärna med mig av min erfarenhet, i màn releant. Droppa mig en mail om du har lust sà fixar vi tid och plats. Allt gott tills dess - Eva 

Hej Jenny och välkommen till Genève! Jag träffar dig gärna och pratas vid lite grann. Jag har bott här i femton àr , och delar gärna med mig av min erfarenhet, i màn releant. Droppa mig en mail om du har lust sà fixar vi tid och plats. Allt gott tills dess - Eva 

Eva D, Mar 3, 2016 @ 11:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1190 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form