Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Very new in Geneva f

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Very new in Geneva f

Hello to everybody)

My name is Olga, I am russian and I've just started working in Geneva. Last 1,5 years I spent in Duesseldorf struggling with german grammar and german weather so, at the end I've decided to come here for my PhD studies. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, doing amusing things and get-togethering with people.
I work in a 100% french-speaking place, so, as you might have guessed I would need to learn French, so, If somebody want to have a tandem or just have nothing to do on weekends, PLEASE, tell me, I am very curios and enthusiastic about the language and just doing new things with new people. I can do Spanish, English and Russian.

Olga

The text you are quoting:

Hello to everybody)

My name is Olga, I am russian and I've just started working in Geneva. Last 1,5 years I spent in Duesseldorf struggling with german grammar and german weather so, at the end I've decided to come here for my PhD studies. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, doing amusing things and get-togethering with people.
I work in a 100% french-speaking place, so, as you might have guessed I would need to learn French, so, If somebody want to have a tandem or just have nothing to do on weekends, PLEASE, tell me, I am very curios and enthusiastic about the language and just doing new things with new people. I can do Spanish, English and Russian.

Olga

Olga KApr 9, 2015 @ 20:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 925 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Very new in Geneva f
Post 1

Hi Olga

I am also new here. I am doing research with CERN. I am also trying to learn french. It would be great to see each other and start doing activities together.

Cheers,

Mehar

Hi Olga

I am also new here. I am doing research with CERN. I am also trying to learn french. It would be great to see each other and start doing activities together.

Cheers,

Mehar

Mehar Shah, Apr 10, 2015 @ 01:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Welcome to Gnevea Olga!

So you strugggled 1.5 years with the German grammer, and now you'll have to struggle 1.5 years with the French one...(-; Seriously, French ain't easy, but I think it's easier than German. 

Coming to the big glocals Spring Party tomorrow?

Nir

Welcome to Gnevea Olga!

So you strugggled 1.5 years with the German grammer, and now you'll have to struggle 1.5 years with the French one...(-; Seriously, French ain't easy, but I think it's easier than German. 

Coming to the big glocals Spring Party tomorrow?

Nir

Nir Ofek, Apr 10, 2015 @ 16:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Nir,

Yep, german is very complicated and I really hope that French is easier)

This weekend I'm off to Lyon and unfortunately I won't come to the Party. I hope I can go for another one, it looks like there are a lots of things-to-do in Geneva)

Hi Nir,

Yep, german is very complicated and I really hope that French is easier)

This weekend I'm off to Lyon and unfortunately I won't come to the Party. I hope I can go for another one, it looks like there are a lots of things-to-do in Geneva)

Olga K, Apr 11, 2015 @ 10:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Privet, Olga! Dobro pojalovat'! :)

Ya toje zdes' otnositelno nedavno (okolo polugoda) i planiruyu poezdit' po strane i okrestnostyam. Esli chto, pishi. Ili mojem kak-nibud' vstretitsya.

Udachi!

Privet, Olga! Dobro pojalovat'! :)

Ya toje zdes' otnositelno nedavno (okolo polugoda) i planiruyu poezdit' po strane i okrestnostyam. Esli chto, pishi. Ili mojem kak-nibud' vstretitsya.

Udachi!

Tatiana S, Apr 11, 2015 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 925 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form