Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Want to make friends in Geneva! =)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Want to make friends in Geneva! =)

Hi, I'm in Geneva working as an intern for the summer. I barely know anyone here and don't speak any French... so I'm pretty people-deprived! lol Can't wait to meet some of you at glocals events! I'm really glad I found this site.

The text you are quoting:

Hi, I'm in Geneva working as an intern for the summer. I barely know anyone here and don't speak any French... so I'm pretty people-deprived! lol Can't wait to meet some of you at glocals events! I'm really glad I found this site.

arin kJul 4, 2010 @ 21:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1128 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Want to make friends in Geneva! =)
Post 1

Hi there I am working as an au pair for the summer in Coppet (10min train from Geneva) and my French isn't great so I know how you are feeling!! Let me know if you are attending any events. It would be nice to meet you.

Katie

Hi there I am working as an au pair for the summer in Coppet (10min train from Geneva) and my French isn't great so I know how you are feeling!! Let me know if you are attending any events. It would be nice to meet you.

Katie

Katie Quigley, Jul 4, 2010 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

awesome! will do! im thinking of going running this week. and any night events haha i refuse to believe that there is no nightlife in this city no matter what anyone tells me lol please let me know too if you see some good ones you want to go to!

awesome! will do! im thinking of going running this week. and any night events haha i refuse to believe that there is no nightlife in this city no matter what anyone tells me lol please let me know too if you see some good ones you want to go to!

arin k, Jul 4, 2010 @ 21:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yeh the running looks like fun! I'm also thinking of going to the outdoor drinks thing on next friday. But I'll let you know nearer the time depending on what kind of hours I will be working this week. Do you have set hours?

Yeh the running looks like fun! I'm also thinking of going to the outdoor drinks thing on next friday. But I'll let you know nearer the time depending on what kind of hours I will be working this week. Do you have set hours?

Katie Quigley, Jul 4, 2010 @ 21:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Arin. How are you? I just moved to Geneva last week and I'm still settling in and trying to learn frenchWink Let me know if you wanna do something and we'll meet up for a coffeeSmile 

All the best,

Cecilie

Hey Arin. How are you? I just moved to Geneva last week and I'm still settling in and trying to learn frenchWink Let me know if you wanna do something and we'll meet up for a coffeeSmile 

All the best,

Cecilie

Cecilie Thürmer, Jul 10, 2010 @ 16:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi everybody,

I'm new in Geneva and I don't know anybody here. It would be great to meet you guys. My english is not perfect but I'm a french native speaker and I can help you with your french.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Alexandra.

Hi everybody,

I'm new in Geneva and I don't know anybody here. It would be great to meet you guys. My english is not perfect but I'm a french native speaker and I can help you with your french.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Alexandra.

Alexandra L, Jul 10, 2010 @ 17:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hey! hope i get to meet all of you soon! anyone want to go to the shibuza orchestra concert next wed? message me! =)

Hey! hope i get to meet all of you soon! anyone want to go to the shibuza orchestra concert next wed? message me! =)

arin k, Jul 10, 2010 @ 18:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Alexandra & Arin: come to the lake parade tonightSmile It will be fun and I believe a lot of ppl from Glocals will join! Text me if you wanna meet up; 0762142074.

/Cecilie

Alexandra & Arin: come to the lake parade tonightSmile It will be fun and I believe a lot of ppl from Glocals will join! Text me if you wanna meet up; 0762142074.

/Cecilie

Cecilie Thürmer, Jul 10, 2010 @ 18:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Anyone up for having dinner this evening say 20.00 - 21.00? I am new to Geneva and speak very little French although I am learning. +41 (0)79 2621188.

Anyone up for having dinner this evening say 20.00 - 21.00? I am new to Geneva and speak very little French although I am learning. +41 (0)79 2621188.

Jaime v, Jul 10, 2010 @ 19:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

OK please give me a call. 

OK please give me a call. 

Jaime v, Jul 10, 2010 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

come to my work... its very quiet and right beside manor in the old town... irish wine bar... very chilled, da vincis... come visit x

come to my work... its very quiet and right beside manor in the old town... irish wine bar... very chilled, da vincis... come visit x

lyndsey j, Jul 10, 2010 @ 19:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Lyndsey,

Sounds like a good plan! voyarch - shall we meet at da vincis? 

I need to have dinner, have you eaten? 

Hi Lyndsey,

Sounds like a good plan! voyarch - shall we meet at da vincis? 

I need to have dinner, have you eaten? 

Jaime v, Jul 10, 2010 @ 20:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Ok, please can you send me an sms (+41 (0)79 2621188) and we can sort out where / when to meet on the phone. I will be offline soon. 

Ok, please can you send me an sms (+41 (0)79 2621188) and we can sort out where / when to meet on the phone. I will be offline soon. 

Jaime v, Jul 10, 2010 @ 20:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1128 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form