Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > coming to geneva:)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
coming to geneva:)

Hi everybody

my name is lisa, 18 years old, and im moving to Geneva really soon!

I will start my study in September. Im from the netherlands, but decided to proceed my study in a different country:) Im really excited!

I don't know a lot of people in Geneva though, so i thought it would be nice to subscribe at a website like this..

I'm also still looking for a room in or around Geneva.. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, i would be really thankfull!:)

Xx

Lisa

The text you are quoting:

Hi everybody

my name is lisa, 18 years old, and im moving to Geneva really soon!

I will start my study in September. Im from the netherlands, but decided to proceed my study in a different country:) Im really excited!

I don't know a lot of people in Geneva though, so i thought it would be nice to subscribe at a website like this..

I'm also still looking for a room in or around Geneva.. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, i would be really thankfull!:)

Xx

Lisa

lisa kAug 12, 2010 @ 22:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 761 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: coming to geneva:)
Post 1

Hi Lisa,

For rooms here could be a good place to find something. Under "classifieds" you can maybe find some adds. Don't expect any prices like you might have had in The Netherlands. For more tips on this I think you need help from other members. I do know someone who probably offer you something for around 850CHF from december, ofcourse that ain't much help now, just s you know.

If you need any further help on other subjects you can always contact me, I speak Dutch...

Hi Lisa,

For rooms here could be a good place to find something. Under "classifieds" you can maybe find some adds. Don't expect any prices like you might have had in The Netherlands. For more tips on this I think you need help from other members. I do know someone who probably offer you something for around 850CHF from december, ofcourse that ain't much help now, just s you know.

If you need any further help on other subjects you can always contact me, I speak Dutch...

ThomasNL, Aug 13, 2010 @ 02:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Lisa,

I've been here for four weeks now and already met some really nice girls to hang out with. If you want to join us for drinks sometimes, just message me :) I'm Dutch too so would be fun to meet up with you.

Nella

Hi Lisa,

I've been here for four weeks now and already met some really nice girls to hang out with. If you want to join us for drinks sometimes, just message me :) I'm Dutch too so would be fun to meet up with you.

Nella

nella s, Aug 13, 2010 @ 09:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Lisa,

and welcome to Geneva!

As you can see the people here are friendly and helpful, so feel free to ask if you have questions. If you use this site well, you'll soon get to know people here.

The classifieds on this page is working well after what I have heard from others.

Wish you luck in your search for appartment!

Hi Lisa,

and welcome to Geneva!

As you can see the people here are friendly and helpful, so feel free to ask if you have questions. If you use this site well, you'll soon get to know people here.

The classifieds on this page is working well after what I have heard from others.

Wish you luck in your search for appartment!

Elisabeth Aaroe, Aug 13, 2010 @ 10:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

lol, blijkbaar zijn er veel mensen uit Nederland hier op glocals ;-)

The best thing to do here in Geneva as a starting student is to stay at student accommodation such as at Cite-Universitaire (http://www.asso-etud.unige.ch/cite-uni/en/index.php) and other places (http://www.asso-etud.unige.ch/cite-uni/en/AutresLieux.php). This way you can easily extend your social network with other students doing the same.

However, I think now it is very difficult to still get a room at such student accomodation.right now. The deadline for applying was in June/July I think and also all the students start in September. But you should definitely still try. My advice would be to send a dispeared and crying email to all those organisations where you complain that you could not find anything and that they are your last hope. This way it helps sometimes ;-)

I wish you good luck.

lol, blijkbaar zijn er veel mensen uit Nederland hier op glocals ;-)

The best thing to do here in Geneva as a starting student is to stay at student accommodation such as at Cite-Universitaire (http://www.asso-etud.unige.ch/cite-uni/en/index.php) and other places (http://www.asso-etud.unige.ch/cite-uni/en/AutresLieux.php). This way you can easily extend your social network with other students doing the same.

However, I think now it is very difficult to still get a room at such student accomodation.right now. The deadline for applying was in June/July I think and also all the students start in September. But you should definitely still try. My advice would be to send a dispeared and crying email to all those organisations where you complain that you could not find anything and that they are your last hope. This way it helps sometimes ;-)

I wish you good luck.

maherbm, Aug 13, 2010 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 761 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form