Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > News from the Site Admin > Friends Network Bugs - Thanks!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Friends Network Bugs - Thanks!
Hello All.

Thanks for all the great and helpful feedback you shared with us in the past 4 days about the new Friends Network feature.

Thanks to this feedback, we identified the remaining bugs and are now working hard to fix them.

Below is a list of the things we are aware of and working on.

If you find any additional bugs, could you please add it as well?

Thanks again for your great help,

Oded

FireFox and Mozilla Browsers
The Friends Network function does not work with the Safari and Fire Fox browsers.
Members using these browsers cannot invite others to their networks, and cannot accept other invitations

Members and Online Now Pages
When Members click on the Members Tab or the Online Now Tab, and then move from page 1 of results to page 2 of results, they are shown the same people on each page.

Online Status
1. Only my Friends can chat with me and Only my Friends and their Networks can chat with me not working.

Who can see my Network
1. This function is not working properly:
A. Currently, most profiles say Only members’ Friends can see his/her Network, but the network is still visible to all

My Friends Network Page
1. The friends are not arranged in the correct order. The order should be: Friends Online, then Friends Offline, and then Pending Invitations.
2. If I select Only my Friends can see my network and I click on my username, I cannot see my friends

Declining an Invitation
If member A invites member B, and member B declines, and then Member B invites member A, and member A accepts,
Member A will show up in member B’s network, but member B will not show up in member A’s network
Send to Friends
1. When members try to forward a forum post to friends, there is no scroll bar in the email form, and the friends are arranged in one long line instead of several columns.

Declining Invitations from Members
1. If a member invites another member to his/her network and they decline, the button on the topline view of their profiles changes from “Invite is Pending” to “Invite to Network”. This is wrong. If I invite someone and they decline or ignore my invite, the button I see on the topline of their profile should stay on “Invitation is Pending” for 30 days.

Max Number of invites per day
1. It seems that if a member accepts an invitation, the system counts this in his Max number of invites per day. This means that if I accept 5 invitations today, the system will not allow me to send out any invitations. This is wrong. The system should only count the number of invites a member sends, not the number he accepts.

Other Friends Network Related Problems
1. When I am chatting with someone and I click on their username on the chat, there is no scroll bar in their profile so I cannot see the whole profile
2. When I click on Add New Post in the forums, the field for the body-Text is too small. It should be as long as the field for the subject
3. When looking at a profile, I should see my connection path to the member. Currently, I do not see the connection path
The text you are quoting:
Hello All.

Thanks for all the great and helpful feedback you shared with us in the past 4 days about the new Friends Network feature.

Thanks to this feedback, we identified the remaining bugs and are now working hard to fix them.

Below is a list of the things we are aware of and working on.

If you find any additional bugs, could you please add it as well?

Thanks again for your great help,

Oded

FireFox and Mozilla Browsers
The Friends Network function does not work with the Safari and Fire Fox browsers.
Members using these browsers cannot invite others to their networks, and cannot accept other invitations

Members and Online Now Pages
When Members click on the Members Tab or the Online Now Tab, and then move from page 1 of results to page 2 of results, they are shown the same people on each page.

Online Status
1. Only my Friends can chat with me and Only my Friends and their Networks can chat with me not working.

Who can see my Network
1. This function is not working properly:
A. Currently, most profiles say Only members’ Friends can see his/her Network, but the network is still visible to all

My Friends Network Page
1. The friends are not arranged in the correct order. The order should be: Friends Online, then Friends Offline, and then Pending Invitations.
2. If I select Only my Friends can see my network and I click on my username, I cannot see my friends

Declining an Invitation
If member A invites member B, and member B declines, and then Member B invites member A, and member A accepts,
Member A will show up in member B’s network, but member B will not show up in member A’s network
Send to Friends
1. When members try to forward a forum post to friends, there is no scroll bar in the email form, and the friends are arranged in one long line instead of several columns.

Declining Invitations from Members
1. If a member invites another member to his/her network and they decline, the button on the topline view of their profiles changes from “Invite is Pending” to “Invite to Network”. This is wrong. If I invite someone and they decline or ignore my invite, the button I see on the topline of their profile should stay on “Invitation is Pending” for 30 days.

Max Number of invites per day
1. It seems that if a member accepts an invitation, the system counts this in his Max number of invites per day. This means that if I accept 5 invitations today, the system will not allow me to send out any invitations. This is wrong. The system should only count the number of invites a member sends, not the number he accepts.

Other Friends Network Related Problems
1. When I am chatting with someone and I click on their username on the chat, there is no scroll bar in their profile so I cannot see the whole profile
2. When I click on Add New Post in the forums, the field for the body-Text is too small. It should be as long as the field for the subject
3. When looking at a profile, I should see my connection path to the member. Currently, I do not see the connection path

SiteAdmin OdedSep 21, 2006 @ 11:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1948 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Friends Network Bugs - Thanks!
Post 1
Bug when changing this option.
I'm using internet explorer

if I:
1.click on the tab 'Friend Network'
2. change the option 'whou can see your network'
then it works

if
3.i change the option 'whou can see your network' again
then it does not works any more
Bug when changing this option.
I'm using internet explorer

if I:
1.click on the tab 'Friend Network'
2. change the option 'whou can see your network'
then it works

if
3.i change the option 'whou can see your network' again
then it does not works any more

Sab_ge, Sep 21, 2006 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Would it be possible to clean up our friends list?

'SiteAdmin' & 'Nir_' should appear first in anyone's profile (if they are a friend) and then have others in order of membership on the site... what do others think? :-)

Julian.
Would it be possible to clean up our friends list?

'SiteAdmin' & 'Nir_' should appear first in anyone's profile (if they are a friend) and then have others in order of membership on the site... what do others think? :-)

Julian.
JulianT, Oct 2, 2006 @ 04:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
which i think it's the order of who logged in last ... or am I wrong?
If we need and order i guess that is. Oh well ideally we might have an order were we have the friends to talk the most on top but that is just not feasible :p

Vale :)
which i think it's the order of who logged in last ... or am I wrong?
If we need and order i guess that is. Oh well ideally we might have an order were we have the friends to talk the most on top but that is just not feasible :p

Vale :)
Hoiling, Oct 3, 2006 @ 23:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Sorry, I was a bit unclear... I was actually referring to the way your friends show up on your profile (the little pictures down the left of your written text), not the way they present themselves in the 'friends on line' list. Cheers! :-)

J.
Sorry, I was a bit unclear... I was actually referring to the way your friends show up on your profile (the little pictures down the left of your written text), not the way they present themselves in the 'friends on line' list. Cheers! :-)

J.
JulianT, Oct 4, 2006 @ 16:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1948 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form