Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Politics & Current Affairs > Health Insurance Optimization

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Health Insurance Optimization

Dear Glocals Members, 

As the period to change your health insurances is approaching and since this arise often a lot of questions, I would like to share with you some relevant information.

When I came in Switzerland 5 years ago, Swiss health insurance model was completely new to me and since it was something compulsory I didn’t really knew that such big gap in prices and services could exist from one company to another. So let me tell you that I know what you are facing! 

I am an insurance broker for a few years now and my job is really to help you to optimize your premiums so you can save money every month Smile

The first basis of health insurance in Switzerland, is that from birth or arrival day in Switzerland, you have up to three months to chose your health insurance company. Basic health insurance is compulsory, the cost will depend of your age and the city of residence.

You can always optimize your premiums, without crossing off the quality of services. You can, for example, increase your own share of the costs, limit the choice of doctor or hospital to the ones provided by your company and this will have a direct downward impact on your premiums.

On top of the basic health insurance subscribed, you can also choose complementary insurances. Those are really useful since it will cover where the basic insurance doesn’t; i.e. alternative medicines, glasses, fitness, treatment made abroad, dentist, ect. 

I really hope the above shed some lights on the health insurance model in Switzerland!

If you want to meet to review what can be done in order to optimize your insurances and help you to do some savings, feel free to drop me a private note

Cheers,

Emmanuelle

The text you are quoting:

Dear Glocals Members, 

As the period to change your health insurances is approaching and since this arise often a lot of questions, I would like to share with you some relevant information.

When I came in Switzerland 5 years ago, Swiss health insurance model was completely new to me and since it was something compulsory I didn’t really knew that such big gap in prices and services could exist from one company to another. So let me tell you that I know what you are facing! 

I am an insurance broker for a few years now and my job is really to help you to optimize your premiums so you can save money every month Smile

The first basis of health insurance in Switzerland, is that from birth or arrival day in Switzerland, you have up to three months to chose your health insurance company. Basic health insurance is compulsory, the cost will depend of your age and the city of residence.

You can always optimize your premiums, without crossing off the quality of services. You can, for example, increase your own share of the costs, limit the choice of doctor or hospital to the ones provided by your company and this will have a direct downward impact on your premiums.

On top of the basic health insurance subscribed, you can also choose complementary insurances. Those are really useful since it will cover where the basic insurance doesn’t; i.e. alternative medicines, glasses, fitness, treatment made abroad, dentist, ect. 

I really hope the above shed some lights on the health insurance model in Switzerland!

If you want to meet to review what can be done in order to optimize your insurances and help you to do some savings, feel free to drop me a private note

Cheers,

Emmanuelle

Emmanuelle DSep 1, 2014 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1466 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1466 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form