Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Reviews of Member Activities > Group for spouses of UN staffers in Geneva and surrounds

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Group for spouses of UN staffers in Geneva and surrounds

Hi all,

I moved to Geneva nearly two years ago with my husband, who works for the UN. Navigating questions about my self-employment, permits, health insurance and tax obligations, etc., has proven to be a lot of work, especially with my poor French. And, sadly, there doesn't appear to be a set of resources dedicated to spouses of UN staffers in Geneva and surrounds.

It seems like there used to be a UN Local Expatriate Spouse Association (UNLESA) Geneva, but it seems to have disbanded. If anyone knows of such a group in existence, please share their contact details. If there isn't such a group and you're the spouse of a UN staffer interested in creating one, please let me know by direct message or in the replies.

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I moved to Geneva nearly two years ago with my husband, who works for the UN. Navigating questions about my self-employment, permits, health insurance and tax obligations, etc., has proven to be a lot of work, especially with my poor French. And, sadly, there doesn't appear to be a set of resources dedicated to spouses of UN staffers in Geneva and surrounds.

It seems like there used to be a UN Local Expatriate Spouse Association (UNLESA) Geneva, but it seems to have disbanded. If anyone knows of such a group in existence, please share their contact details. If there isn't such a group and you're the spouse of a UN staffer interested in creating one, please let me know by direct message or in the replies.

Thanks!

Tom MMar 4, 2022 @ 21:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 1553 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 1553 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form