Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > "official" summer rideshare / carshare thread

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
"official" summer rideshare / carshare thread

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I haven't seen this anywhere else.

Thought it might be useful to have a centralized place where people can offer / look for rides / cars from Geneva or elsewhere to anywhere.

Post if you're looking, or offering, or if you've got a car...

and then people can get in touch with each other via private message.

Cool?

The text you are quoting:

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I haven't seen this anywhere else.

Thought it might be useful to have a centralized place where people can offer / look for rides / cars from Geneva or elsewhere to anywhere.

Post if you're looking, or offering, or if you've got a car...

and then people can get in touch with each other via private message.

Cool?

Daniel MJul 2, 2010 @ 17:17
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

15 Replies | 1541 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: "official" summer rideshare / carshare thread
Post 1

anybody driving to berlin by any chance?

anybody driving to berlin by any chance?

Daniel M, Jul 7, 2010 @ 13:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

There is a super organisation in Belgium, most noticably for students but anyone can join: it hooks up car drivers with spare spaces with would-be travellers and whilst living there, we used it extensively both as drivers and passengers. Only had one mishap in 15 years. There was no cost to join. Passengers paid the driver 1 Belgian franc [as it was in those days] per km. Subsequently, when the Euro was established, payment was €1 per 25 kms. This from memory so it might be superceded by now.

There is a super organisation in Belgium, most noticably for students but anyone can join: it hooks up car drivers with spare spaces with would-be travellers and whilst living there, we used it extensively both as drivers and passengers. Only had one mishap in 15 years. There was no cost to join. Passengers paid the driver 1 Belgian franc [as it was in those days] per km. Subsequently, when the Euro was established, payment was €1 per 25 kms. This from memory so it might be superceded by now.

sheila c, Jul 17, 2010 @ 13:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Anybody going to Italian Switzerland this weekend? I'd like to get to Lugano somehow! Or anywhere around there.

Anybody going to Italian Switzerland this weekend? I'd like to get to Lugano somehow! Or anywhere around there.

Daniel M, Jul 20, 2010 @ 14:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Available seats in Car from Geneva to Marseille

Hello Everyone!
My wife and I are headed to the French Riviera (Marseille Area). We have 2 spots in the car, and there are a lot of cheap hostels available (30-40 Euro/night). Or you can pitch a tent! The car share + fuel will cost 50 CHF for the round trip per person. We leave Friday at 18:30 and return Sunday evening. Anyone want a ride?

If you are interested text me at +41-76-746-5726

Available seats in Car from Geneva to Marseille

Hello Everyone!
My wife and I are headed to the French Riviera (Marseille Area). We have 2 spots in the car, and there are a lot of cheap hostels available (30-40 Euro/night). Or you can pitch a tent! The car share + fuel will cost 50 CHF for the round trip per person. We leave Friday at 18:30 and return Sunday evening. Anyone want a ride?

If you are interested text me at +41-76-746-5726

Jake N, Jul 26, 2013 @ 09:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi, anyone will drive to Milan, between 16-18 August?

I'm interested to share the ride.

Hi, anyone will drive to Milan, between 16-18 August?

I'm interested to share the ride.

Roseline S, Aug 6, 2013 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Rosaline,

My husband and I would very much like to go to Milan :) But we don't have a car - I wasn't sure if you where offering a ride, or asking for one...? If you are offering, please let me know and what the prize will be :)

Kind regards,

Karina

Hi Rosaline,

My husband and I would very much like to go to Milan :) But we don't have a car - I wasn't sure if you where offering a ride, or asking for one...? If you are offering, please let me know and what the prize will be :)

Kind regards,

Karina

Karina M, Aug 6, 2013 @ 16:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello, my wife and I will be driving to Milan on August 13th.  You are welcome to join if you can share the gas and toll costs.  Are you interested?

- Jake

Hello, my wife and I will be driving to Milan on August 13th.  You are welcome to join if you can share the gas and toll costs.  Are you interested?

- Jake

Jake N, Aug 6, 2013 @ 16:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Jake,
We are very much interested :) How much do you estimate the cost will be and when are you going back to Geneva again? Are you planning to drive by lake Comos too?

Hi Jake,
We are very much interested :) How much do you estimate the cost will be and when are you going back to Geneva again? Are you planning to drive by lake Comos too?

Karina M, Aug 6, 2013 @ 16:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hi Karina,

Milan is our first stop in a journey through italy, we will not be returning to Geneva :(.  However, if you're still interested in the 1 way trip leaving Tuesday morning, no problem ;)

- Jake & Magui

Hi Karina,

Milan is our first stop in a journey through italy, we will not be returning to Geneva :(.  However, if you're still interested in the 1 way trip leaving Tuesday morning, no problem ;)

- Jake & Magui

Jake N, Aug 6, 2013 @ 17:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi Jake,

I will get back to you - have to find out how to get home again :) How much do you estimate the cost will be for the one way ticket?

Hi Jake,

I will get back to you - have to find out how to get home again :) How much do you estimate the cost will be for the one way ticket?

Karina M, Aug 6, 2013 @ 17:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi Karina,

unfortunately i am also looking for someone who is driving and willing to offer a seat.

Hi Karina,

unfortunately i am also looking for someone who is driving and willing to offer a seat.

Roseline S, Aug 7, 2013 @ 17:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hi Karina,

the price for half the fuel would be 50 euro (covering both of you) plus half of the tolls (I'm not sure how much these are). If you happen to know the tolls and we can drive around them without adding too much time, that's fine with me.  What do you think?

- I believe you can take the train or bus back, check out this site: http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Geneva/Milan ( I'm not sure how accurate the prices are, but you can check the corresponding websites)

Best,

- Jake

Hi Karina,

the price for half the fuel would be 50 euro (covering both of you) plus half of the tolls (I'm not sure how much these are). If you happen to know the tolls and we can drive around them without adding too much time, that's fine with me.  What do you think?

- I believe you can take the train or bus back, check out this site: http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Geneva/Milan ( I'm not sure how accurate the prices are, but you can check the corresponding websites)

Best,

- Jake

Jake N, Aug 7, 2013 @ 17:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

If you are looking for or offering to car share, this is a good resource in Switzerland:  www.e-covoiturage.ch/index.php/fr/

For France see here: http://www.covoiturage.fr/

If you are looking for or offering to car share, this is a good resource in Switzerland:  www.e-covoiturage.ch/index.php/fr/

For France see here: http://www.covoiturage.fr/

Jean-Jacques B, Aug 8, 2013 @ 21:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi Jake,

We have look into it and we found some cheap train tickets and decided to go on later dates. But thank you very much for the offer :) And have a great trip to Italy :) Hope you find someone else to share the ride with you.

Kindly,

Karina

Hi Jake,

We have look into it and we found some cheap train tickets and decided to go on later dates. But thank you very much for the offer :) And have a great trip to Italy :) Hope you find someone else to share the ride with you.

Kindly,

Karina

Karina M, Aug 9, 2013 @ 01:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Going from Vevey / Montreux to Liguria in Italy on 23 Aug in the morning and back on 26 Aug in the afternoon. Can stop in Milan, Genoa or whatever is on the way. You'll have to pay your share of the fuel + tolls.

Going from Vevey / Montreux to Liguria in Italy on 23 Aug in the morning and back on 26 Aug in the afternoon. Can stop in Milan, Genoa or whatever is on the way. You'll have to pay your share of the fuel + tolls.

Fania B, Aug 19, 2013 @ 15:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
15 Replies | 1541 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form