Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Active Asia vacation or Yoga-Meditation ashram-retreat

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Active Asia vacation or Yoga-Meditation ashram-retreat

I want to go for a 2 weeks vacation soon (Jan/Feb/March) to a warm not over-crowded place. :)

Looking for:

- a quiet yoga-meditation ashram-retreat somewhere in Asia

or

- an active (but not too heavy) nature/cultural adventure with a small group of cool people

Does anybody has a good adress to recommand at a reasonable cost?

Thanks in advance. Anna :hehe:
The text you are quoting:

I want to go for a 2 weeks vacation soon (Jan/Feb/March) to a warm not over-crowded place. :)

Looking for:

- a quiet yoga-meditation ashram-retreat somewhere in Asia

or

- an active (but not too heavy) nature/cultural adventure with a small group of cool people

Does anybody has a good adress to recommand at a reasonable cost?

Thanks in advance. Anna :hehe:
anushkaJan 2, 2009 @ 16:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1141 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Active Asia vacation or Yoga-Meditation ashram-retreat
Post 1
I can suggest you India. I know a very nice hotel Spa Kumarakom in Kerala where you can enjoy meditation and yoga with / without a group and a professional.

Good luck

www.spa-leaders.com

I can suggest you India. I know a very nice hotel Spa Kumarakom in Kerala where you can enjoy meditation and yoga with / without a group and a professional.

Good luck

www.spa-leaders.com

Toshib, Jan 16, 2009 @ 12:16

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Toshib,

Thank you for suggestion. :)

Have you been there and experienced the place yourself?

How long did you stay and what was your budget?

Did you have a chance to visit area?

I'd like to experience the country and meet some locals rather than stay in a closed "all included" resort for Occidentals only.:cool:

What do you think? A.

Toshib,

Thank you for suggestion. :)

Have you been there and experienced the place yourself?

How long did you stay and what was your budget?

Did you have a chance to visit area?

I'd like to experience the country and meet some locals rather than stay in a closed "all included" resort for Occidentals only.:cool:

What do you think? A.

anushka, Jan 16, 2009 @ 17:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
hi,

i am from india & am engaged in a good travels' buisness by God's grace.

If u need some informations & help for your yoga & for any other problems which u think u might be facing across India(though I can bet that this country would be one of the best host to her guests), but still if u need any -u can surely mail me up. Wish u have a very memorable n exotic liesure in here.

Cheers,

~arpan.

hi,

i am from india & am engaged in a good travels' buisness by God's grace.

If u need some informations & help for your yoga & for any other problems which u think u might be facing across India(though I can bet that this country would be one of the best host to her guests), but still if u need any -u can surely mail me up. Wish u have a very memorable n exotic liesure in here.

Cheers,

~arpan.
arpan, Jan 19, 2009 @ 09:10

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hello,

I've been in this hotel. I must say it rather expensive....In this hotel the room is between 370 CHF and 2240 CHF for the most expensive accomodation... But you beneficiate from a very peaceful place.  After that food cost nothing and you don't really need a lot of money... YOu just have to find a flight not to expensive.. have a look at ebookers they have good deals for the flights!

Maybe the good think is to alternate your trip with very nice, cosy hotels and more typic accomodation in small village. I'm sure the other person will suggest you nice places!!

I made a really nice treck in India, in the North. It was something I will never forget and It wasn't very expensive. I saw incredible landscapes. It was really an atmosphere inviting to meditation and relaxation...

Hello,

I've been in this hotel. I must say it rather expensive....In this hotel the room is between 370 CHF and 2240 CHF for the most expensive accomodation... But you beneficiate from a very peaceful place.  After that food cost nothing and you don't really need a lot of money... YOu just have to find a flight not to expensive.. have a look at ebookers they have good deals for the flights!

Maybe the good think is to alternate your trip with very nice, cosy hotels and more typic accomodation in small village. I'm sure the other person will suggest you nice places!!

I made a really nice treck in India, in the North. It was something I will never forget and It wasn't very expensive. I saw incredible landscapes. It was really an atmosphere inviting to meditation and relaxation...
Toshib, Jan 19, 2009 @ 13:00

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Thanks for your info and advice.

Actually, I found a Yoga Vacation at Sivananda Yoga Ashram in Kerala: http://www.sivananda.org/locations/ashrams.html

I know the Sivananda Yaga Center in Geneva and they are good: http://www.sivananda.org/geneva/

The Ashram schedule looks good to me for a week of relaxing yoga + meditation. For the rest I'll do sightseeing and maybe check the recommanded resort although prices look extreem.

Thanks for your info and advice.

Actually, I found a Yoga Vacation at Sivananda Yoga Ashram in Kerala: http://www.sivananda.org/locations/ashrams.html

I know the Sivananda Yaga Center in Geneva and they are good: http://www.sivananda.org/geneva/

The Ashram schedule looks good to me for a week of relaxing yoga + meditation. For the rest I'll do sightseeing and maybe check the recommanded resort although prices look extreem.
anushka, Jan 19, 2009 @ 13:32

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1141 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form