Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > FlyBaboo - Anyone used this airline before?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
FlyBaboo - Anyone used this airline before?
Hi there. My hubby and I are planning a short trip to Venice. The only direct flight we found from Geneva is through a small Swiss airline called FlyBaboo, which seems very reasonably priced. Has anyone ever used this airline? Any feedback would be very useful. Do they run on-time, are there a lot of cancellations, etc. Any experience you could share would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Tasleem

The text you are quoting:
Hi there. My hubby and I are planning a short trip to Venice. The only direct flight we found from Geneva is through a small Swiss airline called FlyBaboo, which seems very reasonably priced. Has anyone ever used this airline? Any feedback would be very useful. Do they run on-time, are there a lot of cancellations, etc. Any experience you could share would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Tasleem
gabe_n_tasJul 22, 2008 @ 11:52

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1391 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: FlyBaboo - Anyone used this airline before?
Post 1
Hi Tasleem

I have only ever used them once for return flights to Nice and based on that experience I have no ambition to use them again! On the return, the flight was seriously delayed but there was absolutely no information provided to waiting passengers right up to the scheduled departure time and beyond. In fact we got more information when one business man called his PA in Geneva and asked her to get on the Geneva airport to see if the outbound flight had left Geneva yet (which it hadn't)!!! Upon my return, I sent my feedback, to the airline and never had any response......

Another option for getting to Venice would be to take the overnight train. I have done it before - we took a sleeper compartment so it was quite comfortable.

Have a great vacation :-) Marianne
Hi Tasleem

I have only ever used them once for return flights to Nice and based on that experience I have no ambition to use them again! On the return, the flight was seriously delayed but there was absolutely no information provided to waiting passengers right up to the scheduled departure time and beyond. In fact we got more information when one business man called his PA in Geneva and asked her to get on the Geneva airport to see if the outbound flight had left Geneva yet (which it hadn't)!!! Upon my return, I sent my feedback, to the airline and never had any response......

Another option for getting to Venice would be to take the overnight train. I have done it before - we took a sleeper compartment so it was quite comfortable.

Have a great vacation :-) Marianne
irish_eyes, Jul 22, 2008 @ 13:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I took a short flight to Venice with them last year and had no complaints , It felt as if you were traveling in a friends private jet, especially as they come around with homemade cooking. I've heard that on some flights they fly low so you can the sights below I had great views over the Alps on my trip.
I took a short flight to Venice with them last year and had no complaints , It felt as if you were traveling in a friends private jet, especially as they come around with homemade cooking. I've heard that on some flights they fly low so you can the sights below I had great views over the Alps on my trip.
britabroad, Jul 22, 2008 @ 18:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
you can trust them.

they are small, but they are established and they deliver. there's no risk your money will be gone without a flight happening.

they try to give a service that is better than others, and they do a not bad job on it. for example, their airport waiting area has sofas (other airlines have hard chairs), and pc's with a web connection.

on the less good side, because they're small, i think they have less weight with the airports, and therefore when there's delays, they're among the first ones to get hit.

you can trust them.

they are small, but they are established and they deliver. there's no risk your money will be gone without a flight happening.

they try to give a service that is better than others, and they do a not bad job on it. for example, their airport waiting area has sofas (other airlines have hard chairs), and pc's with a web connection.

on the less good side, because they're small, i think they have less weight with the airports, and therefore when there's delays, they're among the first ones to get hit.
pink_bunny, Jul 22, 2008 @ 21:43

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Thanks to all of you who shared your thougths/experiences with Fly Baboo....Seeing as there are more positive responses than negative ones, we've decided to take our chances and give it a try. Thanks again! 

Best,

T.  :)

Thanks to all of you who shared your thougths/experiences with Fly Baboo....Seeing as there are more positive responses than negative ones, we've decided to take our chances and give it a try. Thanks again! 

Best,

T.  :)
gabe_n_tas, Jul 23, 2008 @ 13:27

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi

I noticed that BABOO have a sale on until midnight tonight ( Thursday) and the prices look really good

Enjoy your break

Sharon

Hi

I noticed that BABOO have a sale on until midnight tonight ( Thursday) and the prices look really good

Enjoy your break

Sharon
sharon1, Jul 24, 2008 @ 12:32

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Hi there, I'm late, but here's my contribution anyway....

I flew with them to Valencia a few years ago and on the return flight, there was a tasting of red and white wines from Chamoson (VS) :*) Otherwise, friendly and efficient service and a lot better than some of the other low-budget airlines I have tried.

Hi there, I'm late, but here's my contribution anyway....

I flew with them to Valencia a few years ago and on the return flight, there was a tasting of red and white wines from Chamoson (VS) :*) Otherwise, friendly and efficient service and a lot better than some of the other low-budget airlines I have tried.
berlinoise, Jul 24, 2008 @ 13:34

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1391 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form